What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

do you think jermaine looks like mick jagger, ho?
yes. i agree with you and i love you. ok well, not necessarily the love part. 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
no, but maybe a yes, no, no-DEFINITELY a no. 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8
Author Message
Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:18 pm 
Offline
The One Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:58 am
Posts: 2056
Location: Keeper of the noodge
Yep. I'd be very careful. Kate is almost ninja like in her capabilities. I'd say actually closer to Tongan Ninja to be honest. Don't say you haven't been warned.

_________________
Paco De Lucia Shreds


Top
 Profile  
 
Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:24 am 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:01 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: A State of Zen-like Clementia
Johnnyp wrote:
Yep. I'd be very careful. Kate is almost ninja like in her capabilities. I'd say actually closer to Tongan Ninja to be honest. Don't say you haven't been warned.


Thanks, John. I knew I could count on you to tell him what's what. :wink:

Fawad, John knows of what he speaks... his eyebrows are just growing back from his Engledink thread experience. I'm little, but I've got a lot of heart. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:09 pm 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
Kate wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:
Yep. I'd be very careful. Kate is almost ninja like in her capabilities. I'd say actually closer to Tongan Ninja to be honest. Don't say you haven't been warned.


Thanks, John. I knew I could count on you to tell him what's what. :wink:

Fawad, John knows of what he speaks... his eyebrows are just growing back from his Engledink thread experience. I'm little, but I've got a lot of heart. :roll:


Seriously, she's small but scrappy and freakishly strong.

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:02 pm 
Offline
The One Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:58 am
Posts: 2056
Location: Keeper of the noodge
Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:
Yep. I'd be very careful. Kate is almost ninja like in her capabilities. I'd say actually closer to Tongan Ninja to be honest. Don't say you haven't been warned.


Thanks, John. I knew I could count on you to tell him what's what. :wink:

Fawad, John knows of what he speaks... his eyebrows are just growing back from his Engledink thread experience. I'm little, but I've got a lot of heart. :roll:


Seriously, she's small but scrappy and freakishly strong.


Ant-like if you need a little better picture

_________________
Paco De Lucia Shreds


Top
 Profile  
 
Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:08 pm 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:01 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: A State of Zen-like Clementia
Johnnyp wrote:
Gayle wrote:
Kate wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:
Yep. I'd be very careful. Kate is almost ninja like in her capabilities. I'd say actually closer to Tongan Ninja to be honest. Don't say you haven't been warned.


Thanks, John. I knew I could count on you to tell him what's what. :wink:

Fawad, John knows of what he speaks... his eyebrows are just growing back from his Engledink thread experience. I'm little, but I've got a lot of heart. :roll:


Seriously, she's small but scrappy and freakishly strong.


Ant-like if you need a little better picture


A cute ant? :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:25 am 
Offline
Cool Nipples!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 2291
Location: Face down in my cornflakes.
Oh Kate, as we call it in Florida a RED HOT ANT!!!
:lol:

_________________
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.


Top
 Profile  
 
Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:42 am 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:01 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: A State of Zen-like Clementia
:eyelashes: Why, thank you.... A red hot ant! I like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:56 am 
Offline
The One Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:58 am
Posts: 2056
Location: Keeper of the noodge
Sorry Kate I forgot your hotness in my ant visual. I promise to let it happen more often.

_________________
Paco De Lucia Shreds


Top
 Profile  
 
Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:03 pm 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:01 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: A State of Zen-like Clementia
Johnnyp wrote:
Sorry Kate I forgot your hotness in my ant visual. I promise to let it happen more often.


:que: huh?


Top
 Profile  
 
fawad-oh-so-prescient
 Post subject: mm. think about it. just another day for you and me in...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:31 am 
Offline
Keeping it funky
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:57 am
Posts: 97
Location: Miami, Florida, USA
Johnnyp wrote:
Yep. I'd be very careful. Kate is almost ninja like in her capabilities. I'd say actually closer to Tongan Ninja to be honest. Don't say you haven't been warned.


mm. well, I guess... just like Phil Collins, who taught us all how sad it must be to be a tramp...I'm an aggitator, as well as a message board poster.

mm. *nods*


Top
 Profile  
 
Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:10 am 
Offline
The One Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:58 am
Posts: 2056
Location: Keeper of the noodge
Kate wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:
Sorry Kate I forgot your hotness in my ant visual. I promise to let it happen more often.


:que: huh?

:dunno: I keed I keed It won't happen again. :lol:

_________________
Paco De Lucia Shreds


Top
 Profile  
 
fawad-oh-so-prescient
 Post subject: exhibit hbo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:11 am 
Offline
Keeping it funky
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:57 am
Posts: 97
Location: Miami, Florida, USA
from the Conchords HBO One Night Stand interview here: http://www.hbo.com/onenightstand/interv ... hords.html
Quote:
HBO: Did you have any influences - musical or comedic influences - when you were first starting?

Flight of the Conchords:
JERMAINE
John Lennon meets Gary Shandling sort of thing.

BRETT
Mick Jagger. [bold added--sic.] A Weird Al Yankovic - Bowie fusion. If those two were to meld together, that'd be a hero of ours.


ladies and gentelman, the defense rests.


Top
 Profile  
 
Kate
 Post subject: Re: exhibit hbo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:03 pm 
Offline
David Bowie's nipple antennae
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:01 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: A State of Zen-like Clementia
fawad-oh-so-prescient wrote:
from the Conchords HBO One Night Stand interview here: http://www.hbo.com/onenightstand/interv ... hords.html
Quote:
HBO: Did you have any influences - musical or comedic influences - when you were first starting?

Flight of the Conchords:
JERMAINE
John Lennon meets Gary Shandling sort of thing.

BRETT
Mick Jagger. [bold added--sic.] A Weird Al Yankovic - Bowie fusion. If those two were to meld together, that'd be a hero of ours.


ladies and gentelman, the defense rests.


You are a man obsessed. I took that to mean that's who Bret saw himself as, but, I'm probably wrong. Since you seem unwilling to give this up until you are declared, indeed, "oh-so-prescient" on the matter, I hereby cede my own opinion on the subject, and say you are right and everyone here who disagrees with you is wrong, and hope that settles it. :|

Can we all agree to let Fawad be right and move on to other things?

Moment of clarity(?): Maybe it's a male thing, but you and Johnny can be like dogs with bones when you get ahold of an idea. Maybe it is a function of the Y chromosome.... I smell a Nobel Prize in my future if I can just wrap my brain around this. :wink: Then again, maybe you are just big teasers. Nah, I'm going for the Nobel! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:38 am 
Offline
The One Guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:58 am
Posts: 2056
Location: Keeper of the noodge
Well my thing with Englebert has become more of an inside joke and not something I really believe should be debated. Now Bret looking like he's really from Area 51 is something totally different.

_________________
Paco De Lucia Shreds


Top
 Profile  
 
indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:44 pm 
Offline
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:14 pm
Posts: 3989
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Bret is Xenu! Come to overthrow Tom Cruise!

Go Bret!

_________________
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group