Jemaine Spotting

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 pm

No worries!! I figure if I am going to check out the hotties down on Cuba via Beck, I just want the full visual!!! 8)
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:59 pm

I understand the urge to know all the details. I wanna know if he looked good in the hat. I never saw him as a hat person. I have never wanted to know so much about a hat in all my life. :wink:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Just Mariah » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:10 pm

beck wrote:I saw Jemaine tonight, on Cuba Street. I didn't get the chance to talk to him because he was talking to someone else, but I walked past him!

Next time you see Jemaine just poke him in the forehead,
and hopefully it will get his attention.
:rolleyes:
"What is the bird?"

beck

Postby beck » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:32 am

Just Mariah wrote:

Haha! That is somewhat similar to what my flatmate told me to do. She told me to just go up to him and steal his glasses.

The hat...I think it was kinda like a Baker Boy hat? I'm not really sure how to describe it!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:51 am

beck wrote:
Just Mariah wrote:

Haha! That is somewhat similar to what my flatmate told me to do. She told me to just go up to him and steal his glasses.

That just might not be the best way to get his attention. If he is nearsighted then he wouldn't be able to find you unless you were standing right next to him. But that might be good...because he might have to feel around to find who has his glasses. :lol:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:07 am

sharishort wrote:I cant believe I am going to ask this....but.....what kind of hat?

I scare myself!

I was wondering about the hat too. :lol:

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:10 am

beck wrote:The hat...I think it was kinda like a Baker Boy hat? I'm not really sure how to describe it!

What about the colour of the hat? (Yes, I know. I'm officially pathetic)

Katie

Postby Katie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:39 am

beck wrote:
Just Mariah wrote:

Brilliant. That's hilarious. Now if someone actually did that, it would be 20 times more hilarious, or weird... or both. I can't decide which.

TheCatLady
New arrival

Postby TheCatLady » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Oh no! As a glasseswearer, I'd be very upset. It'd be worse than when the boys in gradeschool would steal my headband and toss it back and forth out of my reach, making me the "monkey in the middle", which they thought was really, really funny.

Okay, so maybe I carry a little baggage. :wink:

But if someone robs me of my sight as a joke I think I shall never speak to that person again. So I vote for the poke in the forehead.
If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.

jtomsy
New arrival

Postby jtomsy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:44 pm

My friend Justine would always steal my glasses in the first grade. I'm very nearsighted and in fact am legally blind without my glasses/contacts. I'm sure it was probably super annoying, but now I remember it fondly, so I think this is a great idea. ;)
Julia, Attorney at LOL

Beethoven's Hair
Lost but happy at sea

jemaine spotting

Postby Beethoven's Hair » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:35 am

oh beck- you're the girl jemaine told to stop and say hi to him? hello!!! too bad you were in a rush to get somewhere. that would've been a great opportunity. what is cuba street?

beck

Re: jemaine spotting

Postby beck » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:44 am

Beethoven's Hair wrote:oh beck- you're the girl jemaine told to stop and say hi to him? hello!!! too bad you were in a rush to get somewhere. that would've been a great opportunity. what is cuba street?

Ha, yeah that's me! Cuba St is one of the main streets in Wellington. It's kind of hard to describe, as it's not really just a street, but a place to hang out too. It's where all the cool kids hang out pretty much. And where FotC check out all the hotties :D

Ummm, I'm gonna go with brown for the colour of the hat. I wasn't really looking sorry. But yeah...brown for the win.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:41 am

Thanks beck. Alright... So the hat was brown and baker boy style.... *building up a visual in my head*

FanBase

Never mind the hat

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:36 am

So Beck, do you ever think you'll work up the courage to poke him in the forehead? :stick:

Have you spoken to him at all? If I ever saw him on the street, I'd take the first opportunity to introduce myself - but that's me. :yawinkle:

Oh well. I'm sure you'll see him around town later. Lucky girl! I'm so jealous. Sigh...
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

beck

Re: Never mind the hat

Postby beck » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:56 am

FanBase wrote:So Beck, do you ever think you'll work up the courage to poke him in the forehead? :stick:

Have you spoken to him at all? If I ever saw him on the street, I'd take the first opportunity to introduce myself - but that's me. :yawinkle:

Oh well. I'm sure you'll see him around town later. Lucky girl! I'm so jealous. Sigh...

Haha, probably not! I haven't spoken to him in person. When FotC opened for Bic Runga last year, my flatmate asked him for a guitar pick (she collects them from gigs she goes to), but he didn't have one. He did have ten dollars though. He messaged me through MySpace asking me about my degree and what papers I was doing, what lecturers I had etc (we both went to Vic Uni and did film), and that's where he said come say hi if I see him.

Actually, I'm leaving Wellington in about a week and a half...so I havn't got much left to spot them!

Return to “Jemaine Clement”