It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:29 am

Jemaine Spotting

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:57 am

Genuinely nice guy. Too 8)
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby cassandrasnow » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:02 am

That's very sweet of Jemaine to say that, Beck.
You're leaving Welly so soon? All the very best of luck.
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Never mind the hat

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:45 am

beck wrote:Haha, probably not! I haven't spoken to him in person. When FotC opened for Bic Runga last year, my flatmate asked him for a guitar pick (she collects them from gigs she goes to), but he didn't have one. He did have ten dollars though. He messaged me through MySpace asking me about my degree and what papers I was doing, what lecturers I had etc (we both went to Vic Uni and did film), and that's where he said come say hi if I see him.

Actually, I'm leaving Wellington in about a week and a half...so I havn't got much left to spot them!

Where are you off to? You don't have to be specific, but are you moving or something? If that's the case, you better get busy and track him down! :wink: (disclaimer: I'm only saying this in jest - no stalking!)

So you were able to get a comment via myspace? I haven't been in college for 6 years, but heck, if it takes enrollment at Vic to get a shout-out from Jem, off I go to NZ! lol 8)

Anyway, best of luck to you on your move!
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."
FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:06 am

Oh, I'm not doing a big move. Because uni has finished, and I don't want to be paying rent and working full time over summer I'm moving back home to Napier. Do a bit of saving while working and living with the parentals. I mean, it sucks to be away from Wellington for a few months, but I'll be moving back in February!

I'm off to see the Wellington Ukelele Orchestra this Thursday...so I may see Bret there. Fingers crossed.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck

Postby Katie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:27 am

beck wrote:Oh, I'm not doing a big move. Because uni has finished, and I don't want to be paying rent and working full time over summer I'm moving back home to Napier. Do a bit of saving while working and living with the parentals. I mean, it sucks to be away from Wellington for a few months, but I'll be moving back in February!

I'm off to see the Wellington Ukelele Orchestra this Thursday...so I may see Bret there. Fingers crossed.

Aw, well that's good you're going to spend some time with your parents, and hey it isn't long until February!

Ah! I hope Bret's there, you've seen Jemaine some what recently now it's time for some Bret-y.
Katie

Have fun!

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:54 am

Congrats on finishing with uni! :party: When I graduated, I moved home to save money too. I enjoyed the time I moved back home. It was great to reconnect with my family and siblings.

Have a good time on Thursday and take pics if you can. We're all living through you now since you're the lucky one that lives in NZ, so say "hi" to Bret and/or Jemaine for us! :wink:
FanBase

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:05 am

saffymatt wrote:That just might not be the best way to get his attention. If he is nearsighted then he wouldn't be able to find you unless you were standing right next to him. But that might be good...because he might have to feel around to find who has his glasses. :lol:

:rolls: Hmmm...that's an idea. Think it would work? Just kidding... :eyebrow:
FanBase

Postby Deirdre » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:08 am

Have fun at the concert! I am so glad they are home getting to do the creative stuff they like.

Enjoy the weather. We are just moving into fall. Pretty, but rainy.

If you get the chance, say hi to Gemma for me.
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby beck » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:24 am

Deirdre wrote:
Enjoy the weather. We are just moving into fall. Pretty, but rainy.

Mmm! I'm loving this Spring weather. I was able to sit outside the other day at the boys flat and enjoy a cup of tea in the sun!

Hopefully I get up in time to see the WIUO...I have a tendency to sleep in till the early afternoon! If I keep in mind that Age will be there...and the possibility of Bret...I should be awake in time.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:45 pm

If I keep in mind that Age will be there...and the possibility of Bret...I should be awake in time.

Don't forget, there are others who are living vicariously through you! Please take pictures! ;D
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Sherry » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:34 pm

A fan posted about seeing Jemaine. Its an amusing read, well to me anyways.

A Fans Post

Erm thats it. Just thought some might find it interesting.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby kookiejar » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:11 am

Hee, I've been following that story. Poor guy.

I left the comment on his story, because it did seem to me that Jemaine was a little grouchy that day (judging from other comments he left on that day). I thought that guy's story was cute.
kookiejar
New arrival

Postby beck » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:15 am

Is there something that was written before this article? That people, incl. Jem, have commented on? I would like to read it.
beck

Postby kookiejar » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:20 am

The original article is here...
http://aandwdownunder.wordpress.com/2007/10/18/i-spotted-a-celebrity/

And I didn't think it was all that creepy or stalkery. But then again, the guy wasn't following me. :)
kookiejar
New arrival

Postby Katie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:57 am

I didn't see comments posted by Jem on it, was it through myspace or something?

Either way, Jemaine was probably just having a bad day. Even though it would be weird to have someone follow you. Eh.
Katie

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement