The WTF! T-Shirt Design Challenge!

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.

Moderators: Nancy, SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: The WTF! T-Shirt Design Challenge!

Postby vmh » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 pm

That's fine. I should be home from work around midnight on Sunday so I'll be setting it up for voters as soon as I get home. So, if you could get them in by Sunday night, that would be fantastic!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby mockingbird » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:40 pm

That's good because I'll probably be getting mine in on Sunday night. :whistle:

I don't think my design is going to work on a t-shirt, I think it's more of a poster. :? Would you all be interested in wearing placards? :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Or carrying a large sign? You could also have a non-working bluetooth in your ear and be drinking a coffee while wearing an ill-fitting suit...........
Attachments
BretSignCoffee.jpg
BretSignCoffee.jpg (42.19 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Sat May 01, 2010 2:20 am

Exactly! :lol: And I hear that people who hold signs go on to hold many different things. ;) Think about it, ladies.
mockingbird

Postby vmh » Sun May 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Last day! Get your entries in by tonight if you haven't done so already.

:supz:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 03, 2010 3:45 am

Can't wait to see them/vote! :D
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby vmh » Mon May 03, 2010 3:49 am

I think I received design submissions from everyone who wanted to participate but the contest is still open for another 4 hours and 11 minutes.

The polls will be open after midnight PST.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 03, 2010 4:33 am

I can't wait to see them. :thumb: You should put them up now. :twisted: :whistle: :halo:
mockingbird

Postby vmh » Mon May 03, 2010 4:50 am

Soon, mah darlin's...soon.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 03, 2010 5:05 am

But 12 PST is 3 am here! I'm going to have to catch it in the morning before my final or something :)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby vmh » Mon May 03, 2010 8:01 am

Thank you for entering! The contest is now closed.

Voting will take place here: http://whatthefolk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3250
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby vmh » Mon May 03, 2010 3:11 pm

So, colors!

Let's start figuring out what colors we would like the shirts to be.

Ryche was keen on royal blue (flattering to most everyone), or a bright, primary color to stand out.

I like the idea of wearing the t-shirt design on whatever color t-shirt you choose, if it's possible to set it up that way. We'll be a rainbow of Mels!

What do you think?
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 03, 2010 3:15 pm

I think it depends on which design wins. Maybe we could do two shirts, the Vegas one AND the Hollywood Bowl fan meeting one? (Which is pretty funny, btw.) :thumb: I think the fan meeting could be printed on any color but personally I think Vegas would look best on a light dove gray. A primary color might be too much, with the bright colors of the design, and light gray would make it pop more. :dunno: Just my random thoughts on the subject. :whistle:
mockingbird

Postby vmh » Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 pm

It definitely depends on the shirt! I just wanted to get people talking about it so when the voting is closed, I can get going.

I love the idea of doing a light, dove grey for the Vegas one. I think black would work too.

I've only heard from Ryche on this and she wasn't fond of grey shades. This was before she saw the designs. I'm open to any color.

For the Hollywood one, many different color choices would work. #1 and #2, any color would work as well as long as it's not too dark.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby eorious » Mon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm

vmh wrote:It definitely depends on the shirt! I just wanted to get people talking about it so when the voting is closed, I can get going.

I love the idea of doing a light, dove grey for the Vegas one. I think black would work too.

I like both of those colors for that shirt. I also like like the idea of letting each person choose their own color if it's possible. If we have to all agree on one color though, I'd rather it weren't too bright or too pastel. I prefer darker, muted colors in general.
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

PreviousNext

Return to Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine