POLL-The WTF! T-Shirt Design Challenge! (Vote now!)

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.

Vote for your favorite design!

Poll ended at Thu May 06, 2010 7:57 am

19%
2A
27%
2B
4%
46%
4%

Total votes: 26

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: POLL-The WTF! T-Shirt Design Challenge! (Vote now!)

Postby DaMango » Tue May 04, 2010 5:17 pm

I really do like all of them, but after seeing the playing card tea towel they're selling at the shows, I gotta go with #3. I like how cleverly WTF 2010 was incorporated into the design.

Great job to everyone!

NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 pm

The first one is just epic :P but aaah, I agree that the third is (almost) irresistible!

I wish I could come too~
They've got what I'd like to call they ey factor. That's when you see them, and you go, "ey!"

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Gah! I really like them all! I'm going with #1, just because it could go for any of the tour dates that weekend, but I really really really like #3. Like, a lot. I would totally buy that separate and wear it on the flight out.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 05, 2010 12:56 am

OK so I'm outing myself here and admitting what most of you have already guessed, that I am the person who made #3. I just want to say two things - one, thanks so much everyone for all the kind words about the design, it really makes me feel good, if a bit embarrassed, lol. Number two - I'm a little put out by the tea towel, to tell you the truth! Now it looks like I copied them, and I totally didn't! Gah. OK I just had to get that off my chest. ;)

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Wed May 05, 2010 1:21 am

It's ok Mock! We have proof that your design was posted here before the photo of the tea towel. Great minds think alike, apparently.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 05, 2010 3:12 am

:lol: Thank you, I'm OK now. ;)

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 am

Mock, I seriously love yours. Maybe a little more. Theirs is very obviously them. Naturally. Yours is veeeery subtle. At least I thought it was. I looked at it a good 3 times before I realised it was them. In fact, I feel like I read a comment that said it was them and then went back & looked and had that lightbulb moment. So, yeah... Long story short: you're awesome. :)
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 05, 2010 3:52 am

mock, I hope you didn't think my ;) with my other comment meant I thought you copied them- more the other way around! Yours was first- there was no possible way for you to have copied, unless you have some cool secret job as tour merch designer and you haven't told us...... :hrm:

While I do love the tea towel, yours was first and I like it better! I wasn't kidding when I said I wish it was a poster. :hug:

(Oh...I went back and saw that I didn't use a ;) I used a :thumb: *whew*)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 am

No no, Laura, not at all - I don't think anyone here would think I ripped it off, I mean how could I have, I just meant to wear it around it looks like a rip-off of the tea towel. Whatever though. I have to say the idea of people thinking I plagurized a tea towel is kind of amusing. :lol:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu May 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Okay, the voting is over. #4 was mine. I liked it. I voted for it. LOL!

But talk about missing the story. Ergh. I had fun doing it, though, and might recycle the concept for something else.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu May 06, 2010 4:15 pm

And the winner is...#3 with 12 votes, which was designed by mockingbird! Congratulations!

1 was designed by Amanda.

2A and 2B were Kelly's ideas and she had Amanda help execute them.

4 was done by mohumbhai mania.

Everyone did such a fantastic job that we would love to use all of these designs somehow. The Vegas tee will obvioulsly be worn in Vegas but we are also talking about wearing 2A at the Hollywood show. But I would love to make t-shirts with Amanda's and mm's designs on them available in the near future.

When the t-shirt idea was proposed by Ryche, she was originally planning to make t-shirts that were specific to the meetup for those attending. 2A and 3 represent that well! When she discussed the idea with me, I was thinking about a more general WTF! tee that everyone on the board could order and wear. 1 and 4 are perfect for that. I didn't realize we had different ideas until a few days ago. Whoops! :lol: We're lucky that we got a mix of both. :D

A big thanks goes out to ItsAllRyche and kellysouthpaw for taking over the t-shirt ordering. And thank you to everyone who entered and participated! Let's hope those shirts ship out in time.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Update: Ryche also said that it would be no big deal to put our names next to the "present" on the 2A design for Hollywood, for anyone who wanted to order both the Vegas and LA shirt.

When I sent out the PMs as well, I said you could choose whether or not you ordered the LA shirt. I'm definitely doing it because it was sort of my design (though Amanda did it :hug:) and because if it's going to have my name next to the "present"...it's gonna be sweet as :thumb:

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Thu May 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Aw, the personalized LA shirt sounds fun, but I can't really afford both. :( I also have a homemade shirt that I wanted to wear for one of the nights, so it works out. I can't wait to see these shirts when they're all printed up! I'll treasure mine forever. :D

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu May 06, 2010 5:22 pm

While I think Amandas drawing is super cute, and despite the fact that I'm not going to Vegas, I would still like to buy the Vegas one if that is at all possible :eyelashes:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Thu May 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Will you be going with the 'Present' idea regardless? 'Cause I can think of a couple of guys who's names I'd want added to that list - signed by the owners of those names, of course. :D

Great work everyone! Too bad I'm not a t-shirt wearer...

Return to “Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine”