It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 pm

20 Things

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

20 Things

Postby Sherry » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 pm

20 Things on a Conchord kick. I thought you needed a bit of light trivia 8)

Rules -

Read this first post and reply to the 20 Things before you read anyone elses. No peeking :P

Then start reading everyone elses and see what they fessed up to.

After the weekend feel free to start discussing what everyone else said. Till then keep it replies to the 20 Things only please.

Can you handle waiting a few days before you get to gab about it
:lol: :shock: :whistle: :popcorn:

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression?

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why :)

4) Chops or no chops.

5) Beard or no beard.

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason?

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share :)

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?

9) We adore you, but we really wish you...........

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear?

11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.

12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss.

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most?

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least?

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both.

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook?

18) Best Conchord moment ever.

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.

I look forward to reading your replies :)

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: 20 Things

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 pm

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....
Flipping through the channels one night with hubby and stumbled upon their ONS.

Bret

YIS! The longer I watched, the funnier and more charming Jemaine became. Then once I found out about the show and started watching, it was all over after seeing The Most Beautiful Girl song/video on the show....(I think it was his dance moves :lol: )

4) Chops or no chops.
on Bret-NO.....on Jemaine-- YES Please! :drool:

5) Beard or no beard.
on Bret-yes.....on Jemaine-sometimes :P

I guess if would have to be Most Beautfil Girl (see number 3)

Just look at that smile! Cute hair, nice glasses, great suit, he looks viry relaxed and seems to be enjoying himself :D

:worry: :oops: who me?

would change nothing! be yourself, I love you the way you are! :heart:

footwear!

Honestly, its a quote of Murray's "You'd have to be deaf to hear that." :rolls:
a very close second is one of Jemaine's "Sometimes I think you hear what you want to hear." :roll2:

dont have a whole lot...perhaps it will be the "lyrics are bottomless" tshirt by thestray, and then the blue t I just ordered off of teefury

:hrm: tough one...Not sure...If you count all of SW's photoshop creations, perhaps its her.

huggie pics with WTFers! :D and of course video of meet and greets

golden sex pants.... :sofa:

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both.
Eagle V Shark and The Pen

Mexican food of course! Tacos, enchiladas..whatever Jemaine wanted!

on the show-the discusion at the end of the show about the 3some... :lol:
IRL, a tie between Jemaine saying "Viry rock and roll, Detroit" (when telling the story about orange frilly panties placed on stage at the 8pm show)and "Its almost 1 in the morning." (when everyone moaned cause it was their last song) Both at the 11pm Detroit show---the expression he gives the audience was just so cute and charming. :heart:

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).
nope

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.
nope
closet jemainiac
---

Postby biscuit » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:22 pm

The very first time was when I came across one of the episodes from series one. “The actor” I think it was. I remember ending up watching the whole episode and laughing a lot, but the series was aired late at night and I ended up not watching any other episodes. I really got hooked once my friend sent me a couple of links to youtube videos. The Humans Are Dead and Frodo were so fantastically dorky I couldn’t believe it :lol:

I always fancied Bret a bit and thought Jem looked a bit odd. Funny, but odd.

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why

After finding WTF I got caught up in the Jem photo thread, which sort of brainwashed me (in a good way) and I came out the other side wondering why I had ever thought he looked weird. He was bloody gorgeous! Then I started going through the Bret thread, and sooner than you could say flip flop I was right back where I started, times a gazillion :heart: I’m pretty much as Bretero as they come (Nonch excepted of course :wink: )

4) Chops or no chops.

Depends on the conchord. For Jem the answer is a definite “chops”! For Bret I’d say kudos for trying them out, but let’s not, eh :)

5) Beard or no beard.

Beard, but nothing too Jesusy :wink: Scruff is the best. Jem can do clean shaven, but prefer Bret with facial hair :nod:

The Humans Are Dead! It’s funny, funky and geeky rolled into one. Like a musical kinder surprise :lol:

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share

No (thank god) :lol:

…no, never mind. We adore you! :D

Neither!

Edit: Murray's: "Maybe if you squint your ears!", to Keitha's claim that she sounds like Marilyn Monroe :roll2:

The only thing I have bought is a song book…. My fave FOTC thing is my Stana bag :worry: I know I made that myself, but I still think it should count :lol: (I hope I’ll get it signed come May :pray: )

Counting all the versions of the huggy pic, I’m going to go with SW 

A laid back meet and greet on a sunny night in Bergen. And a complete live version of BDS :nod:

Drunken idiots (or sober ones) ruining a good time for the guys and the rest of us by shouting during the show etc.

It will probably not come as a shock that I am a huge fan of the WIUO :rock:

Oooh. That’s a tough one. I can’t really cook… Maybe just serve up a few gallons of beer and hope for the best :halo:

When I scored tickets for the Bergen gig and realised that I will actually see them live!! Not really a proper Conchord moment, but I reserve the right to edit this answer on 23.5.2010 :D

Nope.

Nope.
Last edited by biscuit on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby mockingbird » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 pm

My friend showed me some clips from the HBO show - "If You're Into It" and "Business Time" and "Bret You Got It Going On" - on YouTube. I was on the floor laughing. A few days later I looked for some more stuff by them on YT and ended up watching most of the One night Stand clips. I was totally hooked, lol.

The first night at my friend's house, I didn't think either of them were particularly hot, I just thought they were really funny. But then when I looked them up on YT a few days later, I watched the ONS version of Jenny and at that point I developed a serious crush on Jemaine, lol.

Not at all. ;)

4) Chops or no chops.
On Bret - no chops. I can go either way with Jemaine.

5) Beard or no beard.
On Bret - definitely beard. I can go either way with Jemaine. :lol:

I would date any of the Conchords songs. ;)

Humina. :drool:

No! Not at all! What are you implying? :? Here, have a cookie, I baked them myself in the shape of Bret and Jemaine. .....What? ;)

.... would never wear that awful hat from Aro ever again. ;)

Underwear for leggy blondes.

This is impossible! :lol: Here is a random favorite quote, there is no way I can pick just one.
Bret: Did you wear protection?
Jemaine: Yes, but only on my penis.

This is an awful picture of it, but I made this poster and then I got them to sign it in Portland. Bret liked it, Jemaine seemed not to know quite how to react to it, lol. ;)

:lol:

Some songs they didn't do last time, like Mermaids and Ladies of the World. Also M&G hug pictures from all WTFers. :heart: :thumb: I'm curious to see what they do for Demon Woman, lol.

I don't want to see any rude hecklers. :hrmpf: I want people to show the guys nothing but love. :heart:

Definitely the WIUO. :nod:

We'd have a spit roast, of course. ;) :lol:

Gah! Are you trying to kill us with these hard questions, Sherry?? I have to come back to this one too. I've been filling out this questionnaire for half an hour, lol.

No.

Ha ha! No but I do have a black and white striped shirt that I bought solely because it reminds me of Amoeba, lol.

Me too! :thumb:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby deliriumtree » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 pm

Following the rules exactly.

I tried the Hbo show out of boredom. Season 1 was almost at an end so I had quite a bit of catching up today. It became an after work delight very quickly.

I didn't think either of them were hot lol. :worry: I started noticing Jemaine around episode 3. It was the line about monkeys that got me. My sense of humor and hormones are completely bonded.

Changed? No, it's been a steady evolution of Jemaine getting hotter than crud. Each conchord has a static place for me. Jemaine can be fantasized about. Bret is on a pedestal so high that I wouldn't dare. He's magical!! How dare you people! (it's okay really, I don't judge you for it. But, on some level it seems blasphemous to me.)

4) Chops or no chops.

Either

5) Beard or no beard.

Prefer no beard on Jemaine. Bret needs his beard.

Freaky currently. It fits me.

I've been enjoying the heck out of this one lately.

Moi? :worry: :whistle: :halo: You can't prove anything!

would tour constantly like the grateful dead. And consider movie rolls that involved you being very natural. *cough* :yawinkle: :D

Underwear

"How to get it done." I use it a lot. Don't know why. Stuck with me.

My signed album :D

Mockingbird? I'm sad my name isn't up there. I have 4 photo accounts with flikr and photobucket!

Besides the actual European tour? :( *sniff* Pictures of course! :D

Inappropriate conduct from fans. Also, if they beat a harp seal to death on stage that would be insanely unpleasant.

Eagle vs. Shark

Let's see I make really good vegetarian chili and fudge. But, what a combination! :doh: I might order take out lol.

That counter top dance in the new cup episode. (Hey! I'm honest)

Nope

Unfortunately not, should I try this? I feel as though I'm missing out on something.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Aimee » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 pm

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....When my husband was watching them one night on HBO

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression? Jemaine, but I didn't really know why or want to admit it to myself. I was kind of in denial

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why :) Now I am just a fully blown Jemainiac. I tried to convince myself that Bret is better looking but it did not work...

4) Chops or no chops. definitely chops

5) Beard or no beard. Beard on Bret; either on J

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason? Hotties b/c it is kind of sexy and a different sound than most of their songs

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?Yes because i know more about these guys than any stranger should know :shock:

9) We adore you, but we really wish you...........hmmm, would update your website more often

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear?Thongs

"He doesn't cook or clean he's not good boyfriend material...We can eat cereal..." "If I'm correctly mistaken..." "They've got what I like to call the 'Ay' factor..." (BBC show)
12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)Folk the World Album

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss. I'm sure it is a close race, but I would have to say SW since she's been in love with J longer--but I could be pleasantly surprised!

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most? New versions of their songs, anything new by them, and tons of pictures and stories to drool over

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least?annoying fans heckling them

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both. anything they do

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook?fish tacos!

18) Best Conchord moment ever.J as a prostitute

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).nope

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.not brave enough

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:[/quote]
Aimee
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby sunnyringo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:24 am

Their appearance on One Night Stand.

Neither, really. I thought Jemaine's glasses were adorable but Bret was the one I was drawn to. I wouldn't have called either of them hot though.

Bret's still the one I'm drawn to. I think he's gorgeous but I still don't find him attractive when I watch One Night Stand. Jeamine's glasses don't even do it for me anymore.

4) Chops or no chops.
Chops.

5) Beard or no beard.
Beard for Bret, no beard for Jemaine.

I have three - Bus Driver's Song, Rambling Through the Avenues of Time, and The Ballad of Stana. I love the songs that really tell a story, I suppose.

There's no way I could ever claim to be a "casual" fan but I don't think I'm anywhere near Mel status. Everyone has a different opinion of what makes a "Mel" though, so it's a tough question to answer.

WOULD STOP THE SUGALUMPS FOOLISHNESS. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Underwear.

Pretty much everything Greg Proops says on the radio show.

Conchords merch:

Conchords-related merch:

I don't pay enough attention to the Jemaine topics to have an educated guess. :oops:

A new song or two would be very cool.

Anything obnoxious, really.

I couldn't possibly choose between Bret's Video Kid album and The WIUO. I :heart: them both dearly.

I'd rather not be the one responsible for either of them getting food poisoning. We'd eat out.

The Magnolia-inspired Hurt Feelings scene from The Tough Brets. The angry dance from The Third Conchord is a close second.

I have not.

Can't say that I have.
sunnyringo
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SheWolf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:37 am

) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....

Saw posters for the TV show plastered throughout Greenwich Village, summer 2007. The first time I saw them perform was on One Night Stand on Comedy Central some months later. I thought Jenny was cute but when Jemaine broke into "there are people on the street getting diseases from monkeys" I laughed so hard that I couldn't breathe for about 15 minutes. I guess that's when the love affair was born.

I saw no hotness.

Yes. When I saw photos & videos of Jemaine outside the TV show I thought mmmmmmmm :drool: ...

4) Chops or no chops.

Muttonchops? Bret? Yes.

5) Beard or no beard.

Who are we talking about? They both look good with beards but Bret needs one more than Jemaine.
:doomed:

Impossible to choose but for the moment I’ll say Ladies of the World because I am hoping they play it in Amsterdam.

Coz weez huggin' duh.

We both have eyes.

Would cover your nipples in public.

Depends on where you are.

Impossible to choose but I’ll go with the old standby, Panties On!

No gots merch

I am honored to be mentioned in this 20 Things *courtesies humbly*

Snake hips

Jemaine’s nipples

Whatever Jemaine decides to do.

COOK? :roll2:

Probably anything involving Jemaine dancing or looking confused.

No.

Is this some Bret thing?
Last edited by SheWolf on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby vmh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:22 am

I saw a promo for their show on another channel. This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q865pYAH1ik&feature=related

I thought they were both cute but I didn't necessarily think one was hotter than the other.

Oh, you know it has! And you may not understand it but you know why. :wink:

4) Chops or no chops.

No chops.

5) Beard or no beard.

Beard.

Tie between Jenny and Bus Driver's Song.

My current fav. He looks so iconic in this one.

I did kind of follow Jemaine to the last 2 awards shows he attended in LA. :blush: But I'm much more sane. Do we resemble each other? Well, maybe around the eyes. We both have eyes.

…

Underwear.

How about “You’re so tiny that you eat milkshakes.” Maybe not my favorite but it’s a good one.

The limited edition Vegas poster I ordered from Nic Marshall.

Mockingbird seems to be more a Jemaine picture enthusiast but SheWolf has more experience with Jemaine themed smackdowns proving that she must have an organized, well rounded collection. Both have cracked me up with their photoshop creations. It’s very hard to choose. I’m going to call it a tie.

I won’t be there but I’m hoping for new banter, videos, pictures, meet and greet stories, hug photos, maybe a new song or two. Whatever I could get from it, really. I ain’t picky.

It’s my worst fear so I’m not even going to dare say it.

From what I’ve seen, I want to see more old videos of The Humourbeasts because it’s so bad, it’s almost good. I enjoy the stuff that Taika and Jem have worked on together. It’s hard to say because Jemaine’s acting career is just taking off. I look forward to seeing future projects from him, especially Predicament and Dinner for Schmucks.

Mexican food. Something really fresh and delicious using local ingredients.

I wasn’t there but I would have loved to have been at their Makoura College performance. It was such a great cause! Otherwise, I think seeing them play at The Greek Theatre with Patricio and Waldo was pretty cool.

I have a few American Apparel v necks but I'm lacking chest hair.

No.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby kipples » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 am

Some people at work had told me about it but the first time I actually focused on something they did was when my friend posted a Hiphopapotomus vs Rhymenocerous video on her Facebook page. I watched it. Within a week I had watched every episode and bought the first season. That was last July.

I didn't think either was hotter. I was more attracted to Jemaines deer t-shirt

I am more of a Bretero, but more often then not Jemaine has the power to make me come over all flustered like!

4) Chops or no chops.
Chops! Always.

5) Beard or no beard.
If they're together I like one with and one without, but generally I don't mind.

Maybe Busdrivers song, but I'll never forget falling around the place laughing when I first heard Prince of Party's while watching New Fans.

Only that, like paper dolls, we're a similar shape!

would do just a normal cover of a song.

Footwear

Can't remember the full quote but when Bret's girlfriend in the radio series says she'll make him an aromathera-pie :D

I'm very happy with my Video Kid CD, but nothing exactly rare in the Conchords fan world

I really don't know

Apart from the lads themselves, I'm really looking forward to seeing Kristen Schall and meeting the other fans.

People shouting out requests! I hope they don't spend half the night shushing the crowd.

I'm really looking forward to where Jemaines acting gigs will take him, and I'm delving into The Black Seeds and WIUO.

An Irish Stew with no bones.

The day I heard they were playing in Dublin was one of my happiest days so far this year :D

Not for a party or anything but I have bought a lot more shirts like the ones Bret where's. Also I bought a denim shirt and have christened it my Jemaine shirt.

Not yet, but if I can find that type of tracksuit before the concerts, my outfit will be sorted!
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby LauraK » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:25 am

On the MySpace page of a friend. I was laughing my butt off and immediately headed to YouTube and watched for who knows how long....

Based on the first impression- neither...I just loved the humor.

Oh yes! After seeing perhaps the 1'st 2 episodes after acquiring season 1, it became obvious that Jemaine was gorgeous and I was a goner.

4) Chops or no chops.

I like them both better without, but it's not a deal-breaker. ;)

5) Beard or no beard.

Oooo, Bret needs the beard or he looks like a minor, lol. Jemaine? Rowr....clean-shaven or scruffy is fine by me. He looks good wither way.

Ughhh...just one? Well, I'd have to pick Bus Driver's Song since it's my go-to song in the car when I'm not sure what I want to hear. (The first time I heard it I thought it was soooo long. Now I wish it were much longer, lol.)

(I think this is the one mock blue-filtered. I love how sweet/hot/boyish/happy he looks all at once)

Yes, a bit. I can't lie...I know I'm more than a casual fan but I certainly wouldn't go through their trash or follow them around or paint 2-headed naked pictures of them....

Hm....I can't think of anything for this one! Maybe go out and give more photo ops? I swear, we're salivating here over Jemaine's IS Awards pics, lol!

Underwear

Bret: Did you use protection?
Jemaine: Yes, but only on my penis.
(I loved how serious they both were!)

I also love the Band Meeting t-shirt they both signed but the poster makes me smile daily.

Ha! Hmmmmm :hrm: I'm going to say SW since she's been here longer but it could really be a toss-up....mock's been quite busy in her collecting as well.

Lots of show videos and many, many meet and greet pics of WTFers and other net friends meeting the guys and getting the pics they've longed for!

Bad manners at the shows....yells of "Freebird!" or "Where's Murray?" :|

The Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra! :rock:

I would make them whatever they asked for.

I'll be alone in this one, I bet. ;)
During the credits of New fans when they're both in bed and Bret asks Jemaine if he looked...and Jemaine says they agreed never to talk about this. How he and Summer stopped for a break and so Bret was up there on his own for a while.....:lol:

No

No
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:10 pm

It started with my daughter showing me YouTube videos from the ONS and many of the HBO songs. I vividly remember seeing/hearing "Jenny" for the first time, and the subtle comedy was so unexpected and endearing... :heart: and then "Bret you got it going on" almost killed me. :roll2: That night we rented Season One and marathoned it.

I didn't register hot-ness from YouTube, only funny-ness. When I watched Season One, I remember thinking that the accents were very HOT, and Bret was kinda cute in an abandoned, starving puppy sort of way, but Jemaine always seemed to have my attention. By the end of the series, my daughter was digging Bret and in spite of myself, I was secretly crushing on Jemaine....HARD. :lol:

Yes. *points down at siggie* :horny: Divulge why? Oh, no one wants to hear that story again. :lol: :oops:

4) Chops or no chops.

On Bret... Some of my very favorite photos of Bret are with those chops. There's nothing like them in the universe. What was he thinking? No one knows, but I will love him forever for rocking that look. 8)

On Jemaine....Yes, please. I think he stole my heart with those big delicious sideburns. Irresistible.

5) Beard or no beard.

On Bret...His beard is good. No one can deny it. His beard is so good. So, so good. Perfection.

Jemaine and any other male on the planet...no. Scruff yes, beard no. Please, no.

Hard question. I have favorites for the melody, and favorites for the guitar riffs. Favorites for the lyrics, and favorites for listening to Bret's voice. Even favorites for the music videos, but my favorite song for personal reasons would be Rambling through the Avenues of Time. Because they performed it live at the concert I attended in '09. ...and I had a brief discussion with Bret about the song that night, and the way Bret sings my "name" in it all French and sexy...*swoon*

There is a reason why my top ten photos of Bret is not finished. I can't make these kinds of decisions.
Oh here's one I like a lot because it is equal parts sexy and hilarious.

:lol: It might be easier (and certainly quicker) to tell you ways in which I don't resemble Mel. :worry: I'm totally travelling 12 hours by plane to a foreign country to see FotC perform a concert that I've already seen. Mel never did that. :P

I really wish they would have made one more season of the HBO series. :|

I say thongs are both footwear and underwear. But, I get yelled at for borrowing my daughter's thongs. They panic and make me call them flip-flops.

:hrm: Oh, there are so many good ones. One of my faves... "You don't just talk about it man, you talk about it a LOT."

It's not merchandise, but this is my favorite Conchord thing.

I have a signed shirt, and signed posters too. :heart: The guys are so generous with their time.

And these are still on my fridge. :lol: I don't rearrange them so much anymore.

I have no idea. I would like to know, though. :lol: C'mon girls, tell us! The combined photo collection of these two lovely ladies would certainly be a sight to behold. The combined up close and personal experiences with Jemaine are pretty mind blowing as well. :prayer: And with the mad photoshopping skills that these dear friends posess, who knows what various, exotic "photos" exist in thier private collections. :twisted:

Bret naked in my hotel room. :whistle:

Seriously, Bret (and Jemaine) from the front row. :shock: Or at least close. I had crap seats at the concert I attended, and pretty much watched the whole thing on the big screens. :? I hope we see lots of our friends getting awesome meet and greet stories and pics. :hug:

If the guys seem annoyed or bothered by the audience. And I really don't want to see the back of some huge guy's head blocking my view! :evil:

Bret's music. Whether with the WIUO, The Black Seeds, or his Video Kid album :heart: ...I can't get enough of his stuff.

Eggs for Bret and anything for Jemaine. :wink: Probably something Italian. My homemade pasta is a crowd pleaser. I love to cook and you're all invited over for Sunday pasta anytime you find yourself in Iowa.

Meet and greet. Chicago. Hugging Bret :oops: and talking to him. :heart:

No. :lol: I do have a couple of subtle "Bret" shirts that I wear. I also helped my daughter make a robot head, but I've never worn it. :hrmpf:

I've done a bit of the CCTV boogie on the bike trail. Got a few strange looks. :lol: Why did you put this in my head? Now I have an almost irresistable urge to borrow the neighbor's wheelbarrow, and maybe check ebay for that tracksuit.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Faith » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:00 pm

I was in NZ working at a small hostel on the South Island. The family's oldest son had the first season on dvd and since there's not much on NZ tv, I decided to watch it and I was hooked. Would stay up late after work while most of the guests were asleep and watch a couple of episodes. Me and this one English guy that had stayed with us a few days watched the whole season in like 3 days.

Jemaine

I started loving Bret more after learning about all of his side projects. Now I just love both of them.

4) Chops or no chops.
No chops. Never been a fan of the chops.

5) Beard or no beard.
Beard for Bret. Either way for Jemaine.

Jenny. I think will always be one of my favorites. I really love any of the story songs.

God, I hope not. :lol:

consider doing another tour of the US sometime. Anytime would do, really. I still want a chance to see you perform live.

Underwear

It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently some would say more correctly. I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And each person deserves to be treated like a person.

I actually don't have a lot of Conchords merchandise, but I guess it would be the first album because I bought right before I left NZ.

I have no idea, but I imagine both of their collections are extensive.

More dancing during Sugalumps. ;)

Nothing, I want to see as much as I can since I'm not going to a show.

WIUO for Bret and E vs S for Jemaine.

I don't cook, so we would head to the nearest Mexican restaurant and I would try my best to get them drunk on margaritas.

On the show one of my favorites was when they were talking about what the Aussie accent sounded like: "Kind of like an evil version of our accent." :lol:

Can't say that I have...

Nope.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Red » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 am

My hubby showed me Ladies of the World and Albi clips on youtube. If he only knew what he was getting himself into! :lol:

Bret. I thought he was beautiful.

I still think Bret is beautiful, however with every word that came out of Jemaine's mouth he just became hotter and more lustworthy. He stirs something in me that Bret just doesn't.

4) Chops or no chops.
Either/or

5) Beard or no beard.
Bret definitely beard. Jemaine I'll take anyway I can get him but I prefer beard.

Tough one. I'd say Hotties. It's an enigma. :lol:

Who me? :whistle:

would write, produce, and star in that rock opera that Bret mentioned once.

Footwear

"It's a psychological analogy." Every word that came out of Dave's mouth was gold IMO.

Don't have much other than their CDs and S1 and S2 DVDs. Perhaps something cool will find it's way back from Europe for me.

Hmmm. I'd probably guess SheWolf although I think I could give them both a run for their money. :wink:

A new song or two

Any one in the audience screaming "Free Bird!" Hopefully this is a lame tradition relegated only to the US.

Eagle vs Shark. WIUO.

Scrambled eggs for Bret and anything for Jemaine. :P Really, probably Mexican food. I make darn good fajitas and of course fish tacos!

Impossible to pinpoint. However the moment that hooked me was in the pilot. When they're in the elevator and Eugene makes Jemaine try the new faucet and Jemaine says "It doesn't work." It was all down hill from there for me. :D

Not yet

Not to my knowledge.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ami » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:28 am

Okay, this took me way too long. :lol:

It was spring of 2007... I was at my brother's during Stanley Cup playoffs and we were killing time waiting for the game to start. He said he needed to show me this awesome show... I was like "okay!" because I love awesome shows. At the time we could only get it on Demand up here in Canadia so the first episode he showed me was Yoko and by the time we were half way through "If You're Into It" I was hooked! I went home that night and downloaded the entire first season and never looked back. My brother often teases me "remember that time I introduced you to Flight of the Conchords and changed your life?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't think either of them were necessarily hot at first, just cute... Jemaine was the more stylish one so he caught my eye right away... plus he's tall and dark and I love that. It wasn't until I got to "know" him (so like 3 episodes or so later) that I found him tall, dark AND handsome though. It was actually his singing voice in "Business Time" that made me look at him in a completely different light. ;)

Still the same only now I think he's the sweetest, sexiest, most adorable and kindest man on the planet. My love and admiration grows daily. :heart:

4) Chops or no chops.

Either or, they don't bother me.

5) Beard or no beard.

Either or but there is just something about scruffy Kiwis that makes me Image

Oh man, ugh... hmmm... lemme think... :hrm: Bret, You've Got It Going On (sorry Bret!), Inner City Pressure, Jenny, Angels (live), Nothin' Wrong, We're Both In Love With A Sexy Lady, Stana, Business Time (I will never tire of teh six)... I should just stop really, since this is becoming a list and you asked for "song" not plural. :lol:

Current favourite Jemaine pic:
His hair. Image

Always favourite Bret pic:
Naughty!Bret does things to me that usually only Jemaine does.

Bret said it best... Maybe. :lol: No really though, I think I know where to draw the line. :nod:

Wouldn't always be so mysterious.

Both. :D

Oh god. Ummm the ones that I use on a regular basis in my every day life are... "yis", "ligs", "Hey, I'm walkin' here!", "Maybe", "Oh" (Bret in New Fans when he peaks out of the bathroom "window" only to discover there's no escape), "There there...theretheretheretherethere" ... k stopping now.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm gonna say SheWolf. :wink:

A new song or songs.

Can't say there's anything I don't wanna see that I've already seen. :D

Eagle vs. Shark, Humourbeasts, WIUO.

Baked goods for Jemaine and..... I have no idea for Bret and I hate to say scrambled eggs again. :lol:

Hmmmmmm for me... seeing, hearing, experiencing, just being at Red Rocks last year. Image

Never.

:whistle:
"If there's love involved, Jemaine probably did it."
Ami
Giving the paper to the people

Next

Return to Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine