What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Venus
 Post subject: General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm 
She did indeed have the time of her life

As we were discussing in the Flightoftheconchords.co.nz thread, FOTC mentioned on FB that Australia and NZ tour dates will be announced in the next few weeks so use this thread to discuss about general aspects of their upcoming tour. As soon as tour dates are announced, a new thread should be created. :)

So who's planning on going? :D

ETA: Tour dates have been announced!

NZ dates!:

Quote:
Flight of the Concords announce June NZ tour
Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:00

Flight of the Concords have announced they'll be touring NZ in June, including a show at the Auckland Town Hall on Saturday June 16.

The musical comedy duo - Bret McKenzie and Jermaine Clement - have sold out tours of the US and Europe, and McKenzie recently scored an Oscar for Best Original Song with Man or Muppet from The Muppets movie.

Their live show has graced the Hollywood Bowl, New York's Radio City Music Hall and London's Wembley Arena but down under it will will be the likes of Founders Theatre Hamilton and the Hawke's Bay Opera House, with two shows for their old home town Wellington, at the Michael Fowler Centre on June 19-20.

Some rather strict ticket sale procedures are in place for the event, which organisers say are to guard against scalping.

Tickets go on sale through Visa presale on Tuesday March 20 at noon-5pm.

The first part of the general sale is on Friday March 20 8am - in person at the box office - two tickets max. 300 of those seats are prime seats. The Auckland location for the box office is The Edge, Level 3, Aotea Centre.

Online and phones sales the begin at midday, 4 tickets max. Tickets are from $55-$79.

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS - HOME TOUR JUNE
Wed 13 - Hawkes Bay Opera House, HASTINGS / 0800-TICKET
Thurs 14 - Founders Theatre, HAMILTON ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Sat 16 - Town Hall, AUCKLAND / 0800-BUY TICKETS
Sun 17 - TSB Showplace, NEW PLYMOUTH ticketmaster.co.nz / 0800-111-999
Tues 19 - Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Wed 20 - Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Sat 23 - Regent Theatre, DUNEDIN ticketmaster.co.nz 0800 224 224
Sun 24 - Events Centre, QUEENSTOWN ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Wed 27 - Trafalgar Centre, NELSON everyman.co.nz / 03-548-3083
CHRISTCHURCH show will be announced shortly

Source

Australia tour dates TBA

ETA: 3 more dates have been announced! (Christchurch & extra dates in Auckland and Wellington):

Quote:
Due to unprecedented demand we have added Sunday, 1st July at Vector Arena – Auckland to the NZ tour. We are also proud to announce special guest Arj Barker will be joining the tour.

Sunday, 1st July – Vector Arena Auckland
Visa Pre-sale Thursday 29 March 9am visaentertainment.co.nz
Ticketmaster Pre-Sale Friday 30 March 9am
Public On-Sale Saturday 31 March 9am *by application in person at Vector Box Office / Internet On-Sale 1pm – 4 ticket limit per person

Quote:
Just added:

21/6 Michael Fowlers Centre, Wellington

26/6 CBS Arena, Christchurch

Presale and ticketing info available on the Tour Page

Source

ETA: 2nd Vector Arena, Auckland show has been announced!
Quote:
March 28th

Just added:

29/6 Auckland – Vector Arena
Public On-Sale Saturday 31 March 9am *by application in person at Vector Box Office
Internet On-Sale 1pm

Source

ETA: Australia tour dates have been announced! (thanks for the heads up, nonch):

Quote:
Thu 5 July
Sydney Opera House NSW - All Ages
http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com (02) 9250 7777

Sat 7 July
Brisbane Entertainment Centre Qld - All Ages
http://www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

Tue 10 July
Newcastle Entertainment Centre NSW - All Ages

Wed 11 July
WIN Entertainment Centre, Wollongong NSW - All Ages

Fri 13 July
Adelaide Entertainment Centre SA - All Ages

Sat 14 July
The Plenary, Melbourne VIC - All Ages
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Wed 18 July
Challenge Stadium, Perth WA - All Ages
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Tickets

Frontier Members pre-sale via http://www.frontiertouring.com/fotc 4pm (AEST) Thu 12 April to 4pm (AEST) Fri 13 April.

General public on sale from 9am local time, Tuesday 17 April.

For more, check out the Flight of the Conchords' official site, Facebook page and Twitter feed.

ETA: A second Perth show has been announced!:

Quote:
Thurs 19 July
Challenge Stadium, Perth WA - All Ages
http://www.frontiertouring.com/fotc

ETA: Extra shows in Sydney and Melbourne have been announced!:

Quote:
Jul 6, 2012
Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney - All Ages

Jul 15, 2012
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne - All Ages

ETA: Extra show in Perth announced!:

Quote:
Fri 20 July Challenge Stadium, Perth WA NEW SHOW!
ticketmaster.com.au │ 136 100

ETA: A new Wellington show has been announced on the 2nd of July at the TSB Bank Arena! It's gonna be the last show of their NZ tour. :)

ETA: Another Auckland date at Vector Arena has been added!
Quote:
Flight of Conchords announce final Auckland show
6:43 PM Wednesday Jun 20, 2012

Flight of the Conchords have added a third Vector Arena show to their highly awaited New Zealand return tour.

Tickets will go on sale at 9am Thursday for the Saturday, June 30 show at Vector Arena. The Conchords are already playing sold-out shows at Vector Friday and Sunday and several other dates in New Zealand throughout the month.

"In response to nationwide demand, this Vector Arena show will be the final announcement of the tour - there are simply no dates left to play," the band said in a statement.

Information: ticketmaster.co.nz or (800) 111-999

Source

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

vmh
 Post subject: Re: General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:53 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

I wish.

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:36 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Fingers crossed. I have to see what the dates are. :) My hubby wants to go. He's never seen a Conchords concert. He's no Doug, so if he goes along I'll probably win an Oscar of my own for "Best Performance by an Actress" in my role as an impartial, platonic enthusiast. :halo:

LauraK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 pm 
Boom King!

Ohhh nonch...I hope you can pull that off. It will indeed be the performance of a lifetime and worthy of an Oscar! :lol:

*maybe you could get hubby to wear a hair-helmet in very dim lighting back at the hotel....* ;)

I hope you get to go! I plan to live vicariously, again...and recall that one magical night here in Detroit.

mockingbird
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 am 
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

nonchalant obsession wrote:
He's no Doug, so if he goes along I'll probably win an Oscar of my own for "Best Performance by an Actress" in my role as an impartial, platonic enthusiast. :halo:

You mean you won't brush your fingers across Jemaine's thigh as he walks by this time? Pity. :snakeman:

It'll be really good to see them perform together again, if even just on YouTube.

gibbsrus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

I WILL be there.... come hell or high water.... and the way things are looking in this part of the world at the moment, either are likely!!! :P I just hope that at least one show is on a weekend and I don't have to lose my job over it. :)

A heads up though for all you northern hemispherers.... Australia has a couple of budget airlines now that have lots of deals and specials, so if you're planning to have a bit of time off, you could quite easily (and cheaply) go to all the shows!!! :P You can pick up fares between capital cities for as little as $45 sometimes..... so once those tour dates are up.... :) I would LOVE to do that myself!! :) I have some long service leave built up, so if I get enough notice, I might just do that!! :D

LauraK
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:28 pm 
Boom King!

In Taika's Q&A on Reddit, someone asked what happened to Bret and Jemaine. After first giving a silly, smart-a$$ answer, he says:

Quote:
Sorry, sorry, they are talking about a movie but that's a long way off, and they are touring NZ/Aus in June/July.

gibbsrus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:24 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Actually, I have been thinking..... I need some advice from everyone who has been to a concert before.

You see, I have a problem... :P I have been to a few concerts in my time and well, I seem to have developed a bit of a reputation for getting into trouble.

One time at an Adam Brand concert, my brother and I ended up behind the theater with Adam encouraging him to do 'burn outs' down the main street of town in his car. He had invited us to go to the pub with him for a few drinks and some karaoke too!!! But, I was about 25 weeks pregnant and thought I should behave myself.

Another time, when I was much younger (but not nearly as wild), my friend and I went to see Michael Jackson and we 'accidentally' ended up AGAIN behind the stadium (dunno how this seems to happen) and well, we both left a big lick along the window of his car.

Now, Adam Brand is sexy, I will agree to that. Michael Jackson is just a legend, but Bret and Jemaine??? I am a little frightened about what I am likely to do!!! :P

The affect those two have on me when I am just watching a concert on YouTube is silly, wtf am I likely to do when I see them in the flesh?? Right there in front of me??? What if they do Sugarlumps??? What about Demon Woman and those sequin, skin tight suits and.... and.... oh dear.

I'm taking my best buddy (I've told her she has no choice) but she really has no idea what we are in for and I don't think she can control me!!! I don't have a husband anymore so I don't need to worry about him having 'hurt feelings' while I cop a perve :D :D

So tell me, will I be safe??? Should I take restraints (for myself, of course) and what sort of things happened to you when you went??? :supz: :supz:

Venus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:40 pm 

Excellent, so it looks like the tour is going to take place during our summer. 8) I'm also looking forward to living vicariously through all of those who are able to attend.

:lol: There have been a few instances when fangirls have leapt at Bret and Jemaine e.g. this classic moment that took place in Vegas captured by nonch and SW but usually even the most hardcore fans are able to show remarkable restraint during the show so I'm sure you'll be fine, gibbs. As long as you avoid being too intoxicated (drunk hecklers are the worst!) and just soak it all in, I know you'll have a blast. I'm so excited for you! :D

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:40 pm 

June/July! :hrm: Thanks, Taika (and Laura)

Ha! Laura and mock - I doubt hubby will actually end up going so if Jemaine wants to slink up to me for another massage I am happy to be of service. :P Hubby really does want to see the Conchords in concert but I suspect (and hope) that when I go on and on about the long flights, all the sightseeing, shopping and lack of sporting events...I'm sure he'll lose interest fairly quickly. :wink: If they hit the States, I'll get him to a show.

Oh gibbs. :o :roll2: We could exchange some stories, girl. I hope we get the chance to meet someday. :partyman: Bret and Jemaine are such gentlemen and so very friendly and good to the fans that no crazy behaviour is really necessary. Venus is right about remarkable retraint etc, but I will mention that Bret asked for that bear attack. :lol:

Ahhhh I'm so excited! Is it too early to start hoping that they'll do meet and greets? SW, where did you see it mentioned that they would have new songs for Australia?

Venus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Conchords take flight with NZ tour
Russell Blackstock
5:30 AM Sunday Mar 4, 2012

Musical comedy superstars Flight Of The Conchords are going back to their roots with a winter tour of New Zealand.

The gigs were revealed last night by film director Taika Waititi, a close friend of the hit duo, during a question-and-answer session with his fans on reditt.com.

Waititi, who also let slip he is to become a father for the first time, is in America promoting the US release of his movie Boy.

He said his Conchords mates Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement "are touring NZ/Aus in June/July".

The Herald on Sunday understands the duo will perform a string of dates at small venues.

"Promoters have been secretly working on the tour for months and there will be some interesting shows lined up," a tour insider said last night. "It's going to be one of the hottest tickets in years."

McKenzie, who returned to Wellington this week after winning an Oscar for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards in Los Angeles, hinted at the concert dates in American showbiz magazine Billboard last month.

"We haven't toured [in New Zealand] in years. Whereas we've been in America recently and I don't want to tour America until we've got some new material."

News of the live gigs sparked excitement among Kiwi music fans online. One Conchords fan replied: "A tour in NZ? Finally! I must start saving up to buy a ticket from a scalper on Trade Me after my internet craps out in the few minutes it'll take for them to sell out."

The duo haven't toured for three years but McKenzie also said the Australasian shows would give the pair a chance to finally get together and write some more material.

Clements had been busy filming a role as an alien biker baddie in the upcoming movie Men in Black III. The duo haven't toured for three years and McKenzie said the tour will let them get together and write new material.

The New Zealand tour dates will be announced at the end of this month.

Source

Ah, intimate shows in NZ! So exciting. :D
I bet they would do M&Gs. :nod:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 pm 

"small venues"!!!! Excellent. 8)
"dates announced at the end of this month"!!! :nana:

Oh man...my camera really wants to go. I hope I can make it. I want to go zorbing, visit The Hobbit set and meet Great H!!!!

Venus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:06 pm 

I want you and your camera to go! You take amazing photos, nonch! 8) I hope there will be WTF! meet ups in NZ and Australia. :nod:

gibbsrus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:17 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Is it the end of the month yet??????

LauraK
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:37 am 
Boom King!

Venus wrote:
I want you and your camera to go! You take amazing photos, nonch! 8) I hope there will be WTF! meet ups in NZ and Australia. :nod:

Yes!!

And congrats to Taika on his impending fatherhood! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next