It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:12 am

General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread

All the news, info and gossip for the AusKiwi 2012 Tour

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Yep, Venus has already added them by editing them into the Tour Dates thread, 1st post. :) I can't wait to hear how everyone's ticket-purchasing goes!! Because I know everyone who wants to go will get their wish! :pray:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Wow. 8)

Conchords set to break NZ tour records

The Flight of the Conchords tour is set to gross nearly $2 million, making it a contender for the biggest local tour of all time.

According to TimeOut's analysis of the 12-date jaunt, around 28,500 people will see the musical comedy superstars - as well as a further 9000 at a charity gig in Christchurch.

So taking the average ticket price amount of $67 means the duo of Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement will bring in a total of $1,909,500.

The nationwide tour takes in 10 sold-out town hall-style shows around the country (in venues with capacities between 1500 and 2000), the Christchurch show at CBS Arena, and the 11,000-capacity concert at Vector Arena on July 1, which is likely to sell out this weekend when tickets go on sale to the public.

And there is the likelihood of another Vector show, or possibly even two more if demand for tickets is high.

In the past the likes of Split Enz, Shihad, the Exponents, and 50s superstar Johnny Devlin have done some extensive tours, with Crowded House also playing some big shows.

But it's Split Enz especially who are the Conchords' nearest rivals. The band played a number of large-scale outdoor shows in their late 70s and early 80s heyday, as well as four big reunion shows in 2008.

Then there was the Bic Runga, Tim Finn and Dave Dobbyn concert tour over four weeks back in 2000, which was seen by around 35,000 people nationwide.

Whatever the case, it seems the Conchords have hit the - $2 million - jackpot with this tour.

Concert promoter Stuart Clumpus confirmed there is a possibility of more Vector shows if demand dictates it.

"The public's wish is our command. So while there is a limit to what we can do, there is a little bit of time to do some other shows," he said.

The Visa pre-sale for the Vector Arena show begins today at 9am and the Ticketmaster pre-sale tomorrow at 9am. Public sales start on Saturday in person at 9am from the Vector box office and from 1pm online at Ticketmaster.co.nz.

Source

What's with the sleeping bag pic? :roll2:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 pm

H? :pray: Thinking of you, and hoping for the best. :nod: :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 pm

:nails:

Lots of happy people tweeting about getting tickets! I hope Great H is one of them. :)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Great H » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Not yet. Only sucky seats being sold so I'm probably gonna wait for the box office presale on Saturday morning which is where the prime seats are allocated apparently. (Yes Nonch, I'm going to get up in the wee smalls to queue!) Tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster this time and they have a MUCH better website and phone system - thank goodness. The Edge's was really awful and couldn't cope.
And this...
Concert promoter Stuart Clumpus confirmed there is a possibility of more Vector shows if demand dictates it.
...makes me happy!
I'll let you all know when I get my tix - I've no fear of missing out now. YAY!
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 pm

:( Aw, dammit.

Well you weren't alone...

Conchords-tickets-sell-out-in-a-minute

More than 1000 presale tickets for the Flight of the Conchords' third Wellington concert sold out within a minute this morning.

Co-promoter Brent Eccles said the sell-out was thought to be in record time, though this could not be confirmed immediately this morning.

Around 1100 presale tickets went on sale to Visa customers this morning.

By 9.01am they were sold out.

A further 300 tickets would be on sale through Ticketek at 9am on Saturday for people buying in person.

And 300 more tickets would go on sale online at 1pm Saturday.

Earlier this week it was announced the smash-hit folk comedy duo had added an extra Wellington show after tickets for 10 gigs around New Zealand were snapped up quickly on Friday.

Tickets for the show in the Michael Fowler Centre on Thursday, June 21 cost $55 to $79.

Comedian Arj Barker, who featured on the Conchords' HBO show, will be the support act.

Extra shows have also been added in Auckland and Christchurch.

Source

And yes, at least it looks like you're getting a second show at the Vector though... :D

Tour news: New Conchords show, Bell Biv Devoe cancel

Overwhelming demand has seen another Flight of the Conchords show added to their potentially record-breaking tour.

Pre-sale tickets for the band's first Vector Arena show on July 1 sold out in half an hour this morning, leading promoters to confirm a second show on June 29.

It follows huge demand for a 10-date theatre tour around the country, tickets for which sold out in minutes when they went on sale.

TimeOut this morning predicted the show would bring in almost $2 million in ticket sales.

Concert bosses say the Vector Arena shows will be more high-tech than the town hall-sized concerts.

"There will be big screens and extra speakers covering the arena to ensure everyone in the room gets the full Conchords' experience," co-promoter Stuart Clumpas said.

Pre-sale tickets for both Vector Arena shows, which also feature stand-up comic Arj Barker, will go on sale via ticketmaster.co.nz on Friday morning.

The tickets go on general release on Saturday at 1pm.

Meanwhile, Bell Biv Divoe have pulled out of their upcoming New Zealand show.

A press release issued this morning said the R&B band and rapper Ginuwine couldn't make it for their May 28 show because of the "unexpected reunion of New Edition for a North American tour".

Full refunds were available.

Source

Plus you could still camp out! :stick: :wink:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Gracias, they are quite popular eh? :rock:
Great H wrote: Tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster this time and they have a MUCH better website and phone system.
I never thought I'd read a sentence like that but for your sake I hope you're right.

Stuart Clumpus can't possibly be a real name can it? :P
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Great H wrote:(Yes Nonch, I'm going to get up in the wee smalls to queue!)

I only just saw this! :supz: :supz: :supz: That's my girl. :hug: I only wish I was there to keep you warm...(but I would have probably wanted to camp out starting now) :worry:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:17 pm

I cannot even begin to imagine how much horror and nail-biting will be happening during ticket sales when they decide to come here again. :worry: :nails:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby LauraK » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Oh my goodness..... :nails:

What time are you going, H? How early? And how many tickets are they allowing people to buy? I saw 4 for one of these but don't remember which one....so, worst-case-scenario- the 1st 75 people in line could snap them all up. :?

Go reallllly early!! I'm praying you get tix!! :pray:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Great H » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:25 am

I've been getting very confusing and conflicting reports of what amounts of tickets would be available and when and for what area of the arena. Even from actual box office ticket staff! With all that going on and with trying to sort out my various friends who want to go/may want to go/can't on that date/need to use their credit card (honestly it's been like herding cats!) it's been stressful as all heck. So when I heard there was a 2nd Vector gig announced I decided to just jump on the Visa presale. The date was better for me anyway.
So...
I NOW HAVE TICKETS for JUNE 29!!!!
:biggrin: :whitey:
Pretty good seats (but not spectacular) - but frankly at this point I'm just glad to have tickets and not have to worry about it. :lol: :clap: YAY!

(I don't think anyone will have problems getting seats now, once the general sales open up. With 1 town hall show and 2 vector shows - that's 20,000+ capacity!)
Last edited by Great H on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:26 am

YESSSS!! :supz: :prayer: :clap:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 am

I'm misting up, I'm so glad for you, GH! :tears:
Now you could do the "keep checking the website, find better seats, and sell the ones you have to friends" bit. :snakeman:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:45 am

When don't you mist up Nancy? :lol: :twisted: :hug:
90% evil
ImageImage