It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Songs that didn't make the albums?

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.

Moderator: Nancy

Songs that didn't make the albums?

Postby FlightOfTheWeezer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 am

Is there any way I can get the mp3s of the Season 1 (or maybe even season 2 ) songs that DID NOT make it onto the first album? I'd pay for them if I could. I own the DVDs and both CDs but it's angering me how they don't include all the songs from each season.

Help me out?

Thanks in advance.
FlightOfTheWeezer
New arrival

Re: Songs that didn't make the albums?

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:11 am

Are you a huge fan of weezer?

Because I AM A HUGE FAN OF WEEZER.

And the fact you might be a huge fan of weezer, makes me incredibly excited

Welcome to the boards :)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby dandy lyons » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:19 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Are you a huge fan of weezer?

Welcome!
:heart: =w= too.
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:57 am

Why don't you copy them from the TV show? I know I did.

Or go look online for them lifted from the HBO show. Thats what lots of people did for the first season. I didn't post them on the site for general comsumption as it were. Out of resepct for the guys and knowing they were recording the tracks over for the album as they were not totally happy with the songs in the series and felt they needed more work.

FWIW I do host Pencils In The Wind on the MP3 page. Taken from the HBO series. But that is it. As it didn't make the album I figured I'd host it. However I still think the best version of this is on Folk The World when performed live on stage.

Season 2 tracks have been released and the album comes out soon. Always worth waiting and seeing what they include on that one. Plus Pencils and Albi is being released as a single soon. So you can buy both of those in a couple of weeks.

I don't see any reason to be angry. They could not include all the songs as some of them were not even 'songs' per se and were only in the show for effect as the bands songs when performing live. Same as on the BBC radio series. The song written for Whambi was never intended as a song they would perform live or include on an album.

Personally I don't think all their songs are strong enough to be included on an album. Fair play I reckon if they want to leave certain tracks out or hold them back. I personally think Prince of Parties is a really weak song and don't like it much at all. I don't get why it was on the album and Pencils left off. But there we go. Also not keen on the new version of Leggyblonde that was sung by Murray. I mean its not bad, but I much preferred the old version performed live years ago. I hope they revert back to that one on the tour if they do decide to perform it again. Same with Mutha'ukas, live in 2002 was a riot. Not felt the same about the HBO version, but its still a good track, only very different lyric wise.

I am not keen on linking to filesharing sites and all that, so would prefer no links to such places here thanks. Just in case anyone was wondering ;) They can easily be found via a search in Google as millions have done before.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Amanda » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:24 am

I downloaded a software that converts youtube videos into mp3 files.. it's called "Free youtube to mp3 converter" ...pretty selfexplanatory. You just have to look for the version you like the best, copy paste the URL, choose the folder you wanna save it in..and voilà! Conchords-on-the-Go!
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:14 am

Ohh eee this is good info Amanda. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:10 am

Yes. I have had luck myself with listentoyoutube.com

I haven't done this yet, but I probably should put the mp3s into Garage Band to boost the volume a little.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Amanda wrote:I downloaded a software that converts youtube videos into mp3 files.. it's called "Free youtube to mp3 converter" ...pretty selfexplanatory. You just have to look for the version you like the best, copy paste the URL, choose the folder you wanna save it in..and voilà! Conchords-on-the-Go!

Thanks so much, Amanda! I did it yesterday and have some on my puter now! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 pm

dandy lyons wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Are you a huge fan of weezer?

Welcome!
:heart: =w= too.

Without hijacking this thread I just wanted to say, dandy lyons, that I'm glad I'm not the only one hear who :heart:'s =w=. They're the only band I've seen live (and that was over 7 years ago now). And it was. Amazing. Rivers Cuomo is so lovely.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby FlightOfTheWeezer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Yes. I am a huge fan of Weezer. Went to their LA Hootenanny back in June.

Well, I would use Listentoyoutube, but I thought that there would already be MP3s made. And why make MP3s when they're available to download here?

If anyone has a zip or if there's a weerez.com-esq site (for the weezer fans out there) that would be most excellent.
FlightOfTheWeezer
New arrival

Return to Music, lyrics and tabs