What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Hot Jam
 Post subject: Re: Rockin' the Omnichord
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:42 am 
Half a shapely halibut

Location: Somewhere I'd want to be if I wasn't here but I'm here so I'm very happy!
mockingbird wrote:

You know, I'm starting to understand why Jemaine has an Omnichord collection... there are some very cool looking ones out there.

Too bad they're so expensive (to me). And I didn't know that about EvsS, Hot Jam.

Holey-moley, mockingbird - I just bark-laughed so loud that my cat ran out of the room with a big tail! That first pic is classic -- very, very funny!! :roll2: :rolls: :roll2:

My lil' Omnichord is the one by her (that's Jenny Omnichord (Mitchell), yes? She rocks!) right ear, above the brown one (that I covet). I believe the only one that's missing is the cream colored one that's like the brown one, but cream colored. I also believe that Jemaine might indeed have them all...why not, right?

SuzyBatt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:46 am 
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Hot Jam, I'm so glad you're here to teach us more about this bewitching instrument. I seriously wonder what this thread would have turned into without you to guide us. Please, be our leader! :suckers:

Too bad they are so expensive (definitely makes the uke - or even the toy piano - seem a bit more realistic :hrm: ). Oh and HotJ, I had wanted to mention too that the t-shirt idea is brilliant. Hope you go for it!

Mock, they really are cool looking, aren't they! And have you seen the amount of stuff out there from Jenny Omnichord? I've listened to a bit, but tbh, wasn't crazy about it. Probably because she isn't Jemaine... :rolleyes:
I mean, come on! Image

funny schipperke
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 am 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Wow, Hot Jam! Our very own omnichord expert! :prayer:
Thanks for sharing your knowledge! :D

SuzyBatt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:12 am 

Um, I just checked out eBay and there seem to be some Omnichords to be got for quite cheap (like under $20!). Meanwhile, some are over $200! I wonder how there could be such a difference in prices... Could it be something to do with the model or accessories, etc? Hmm, I wonder who could help answer that question :hrm:
(I'm looking at you Ms. Jam :stick: )

LauraK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 am 
Boom King!

Ah, but those are starting bids.....and not buy-it-now prices either. They'll go for considerably more, but you never know! Watch some and if you're around at the end, you may just get a deal. (I may do the same!) :)

(A couple of the cheaper ones are as is- 1 won't turn on due to battery corrosion and another says "as is" cuz he can't get the white keys to work....hmm. It looks really nice, maybe he just doesn't know how it works?) :)

Hot Jam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:24 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Location: Somewhere I'd want to be if I wasn't here but I'm here so I'm very happy!
Good morning - Yep, SuzyBatt, LauraK is correct. Many of those prices are starting bids (which can start as low as $ .99 US). And, some items will have a reserve, which then means that if that reserve price isn't achieved through the bidding process in the time allotted, then the seller doesn't even have to sell the item to the highest bidder. Some are But It Now, but read the item description very carefully (as always), look at the seller's rating percentage/history and ask the seller any questions if you have them. Wait, watch and catch them at the end if the price is right. Good luck! :thumb:

Also, I'd be more than a bit wary of the one's that don't work because they really might not and could be costly to fix (if fixable at all). :worry:

Hot Jam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:40 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

SuzyBatt wrote:
Hot Jam, I'm so glad you're here to teach us more about this bewitching instrument. I seriously wonder what this thread would have turned into without you to guide us. Please, be our leader! :suckers:

Too bad they are so expensive (definitely makes the uke - or even the toy piano - seem a bit more realistic :hrm: ). Oh and HotJ, I had wanted to mention too that the t-shirt idea is brilliant. Hope you go for it!

Mock, they really are cool looking, aren't they! And have you seen the amount of stuff out there from Jenny Omnichord? I've listened to a bit, but tbh, wasn't crazy about it. Probably because she isn't Jemaine... :rolleyes:
I mean, come on! Image

Ha, ha, ha! Too funny, SuzyBatt! Take-me-to-your-leader! :lol:

So yeah, I, like, have my PhD in Omnichordology... :geek:

Hey now, no claim of expertise on pretty much anything whatsoever to be found in my neck of the woods. Just love rockin' out and making sweet, sweet, completely random music with my little Omnichord friend. :D

Also, though not a big fan of dolls, I love those particular ones!! Very good representation of the guys (as crocheted sheep) and their instruments - Very funny! What would be really cool is if you squeezed them (gently), the DG 20 and the Omnichord would play (like the beginning rif of Boom and the chorus of Carol Brown - or Hurt Feelings...)

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 pm 
---

but where are Jemaine's lips!? :D

LauraK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:50 pm 
Boom King!

chickenkarma made those for the boys (sheeples) and she also made Kristen one. Just go to Kristen's MySpace and you'll see it- it's her profile pic. 8)

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:45 pm 
Can Attack!

And she made an Arj and a Rhys, too! And the Boosh! (I posted a pic of that in the Boosh section)

I am bike-cheese!

LauraK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:21 pm 
Boom King!

Aw- I've never seent he Arj adn Rhys....must go look-see.....:)

SuzyBatt
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:17 am 

Thanks Hot Jam and Laura for the eBay advice. Can you tell I've never bought anything off eBay before? Maybe I'll set my eBay-experienced sister to this task. Seriously thinking of the beautiful music I could make with one. And the prices on there really are doable (except for the #%!#*@! $35 shipping to Canada! :roll: ).

Laura are you really considering it?? We could jam together with Hot Jam. That would be some hot jammin'!! :supz:

LauraK
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:36 am 
Boom King!

Oh yeah, I'm watching one. :) Tom can fix anything so if I can get one of the as-is for pretty cheap then I'd go for it! :D

mockingbird
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:39 am 
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

It would be like a jam factory in here, with all the hot jam! :lol: (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

OK, so, I am becoming the lamest kind of Omnichord poseur, because I have developed an abiding interest in an instrument I know practically nothing about, lol. But here are some fabulously arty photos of Omnichords!

Omnichord on a stick!

Omnichord with roses! (I think this might be its senior yearbook picture, lol.)

Omnichords enjoy sunsets and long walks on the beach. Hee hee!

SuzyBatt
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:43 am 

I, for one, feel I know a little bit more about the Omnichord thank to those lovely pics Mock. For example, the Omnichord is clearly a very versatile instrument, able to look good in any situation. It isn't afraid of heights, and could possibly be water proof, but I wouldn't want to test that one. All very good reasons to want to go out and buy one!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next