What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Maze
 Post subject: Re: emmy nominations!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

mockingbird wrote:
My husband is a HUGE football fan, and Sunday night is football night in our house. (We only have one TV.) So I'll be relying on you lovely people for the scoop on what happened. (Unless I go watch it at my mom's.)

Mock, you are a saint! Not sure if there's a live stream..probably, right? And there's us rogue reporters y'all can depend on. :wink:

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:16 pm 
---

were they interviewed last year?

Maze
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:59 pm 

I like people who think outside the box...like this guy. :clap:

Quote:
TV: Who should win the Emmys Submitted by SHNS on Thu, 09/17/2009 - 14:26 By TERRY MORROW, Scripps

While most years see the same old names on the ballot, these Emmys have been thinking outside the norm. Among the contenders are unusual nominees such as HBO's surreal comedy "Flight of the Conchords," Fox's naughty cartoon "Family Guy" and controversial Comedy Central star Sarah Silverman.

BEST COMEDY SERIES. "30 Rock"; "Entourage"; "Family Guy"; "Flight of the Conchords"; "How I Met Your Mother"; "The Office"; "Weeds."
What should win: "Flight of the Conchords."
During its all-too-brief run, the comedy was innovative, always performing outside the box.

BEST ACTOR (COMEDY). Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk"; Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"; Steve Carell, "The Office"; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men"; Jemaine Clement, "Flight of the Conchords."
Who should win: Jemaine Clement.
As long as we're finally noticing "Conchords," let's go all the way.(E-mail Terry Morrow of The Knoxville News-Sentinel in Tennessee at morrow2(at)knews.com.)
(Distributed by Scripps Howard News Service, http://www.scrippsnews.com)

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/46961

Venus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:01 pm 
She did indeed have the time of her life

Coming to think of it, I don't think there was any footage of them being interviewed last year at the Emmy's (I could be wrong). But there's footage of when they attended the HBO Emmy afterparty two years ago like this interview with Jemaine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2IOddldhzQ

There was also a really cringeworthy interview at the same afterparty with E! Online when the interviewer came on quite strong saying how much she loved them and Bret seemed to be quite freaked out so he ended up walking away from her before she finished interviewing them.

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Last edited by Venus on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:01 pm 

Maze wrote:
I like people who think outside the box...like this guy. :clap:

Quote:
TV: Who should win the Emmys Submitted by SHNS on Thu, 09/17/2009 - 14:26 By TERRY MORROW, Scripps

While most years see the same old names on the ballot, these Emmys have been thinking outside the norm. Among the contenders are unusual nominees such as HBO's surreal comedy "Flight of the Conchords," Fox's naughty cartoon "Family Guy" and controversial Comedy Central star Sarah Silverman.

BEST COMEDY SERIES. "30 Rock"; "Entourage"; "Family Guy"; "Flight of the Conchords"; "How I Met Your Mother"; "The Office"; "Weeds."
What should win: "Flight of the Conchords."
During its all-too-brief run, the comedy was innovative, always performing outside the box.

BEST ACTOR (COMEDY). Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk"; Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"; Steve Carell, "The Office"; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men"; Jemaine Clement, "Flight of the Conchords."
Who should win: Jemaine Clement.
As long as we're finally noticing "Conchords," let's go all the way.(E-mail Terry Morrow of The Knoxville News-Sentinel in Tennessee at morrow2(at)knews.com.)
(Distributed by Scripps Howard News Service, http://www.scrippsnews.com)

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/46961

Excellent! I like the way he things too :thumb:

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:23 pm 
She's like Switzerland

Ugh - I hate cringe-worthy things so I'm glad I haven't seen it.

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm 
---

yikes that yahoo interviewer left a lot to be desired :? ...you know its bad when a nice person like Jemaine says, "is the interview over?" kind of annoyed like...

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:31 pm 
---

yikes that yahoo interviewer left a lot to be desired :? ...you know its bad when a nice person like Jemaine says, "is the interview over?" kind of annoyed like...

Venus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:40 pm 

closet jemainiac wrote:

I know! They even spelt his name wrong :tsk: Being the gentleman he is, he even said he'll email her on camera :lol:

But seriously the E! Online one was even worse. I'm sure there'll be people out to interview the guys now especially since Jemaine has been nominated so I hope they don't have to endure more awkward interviews :pray:

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:48 pm 
---

hopefully, they will get more experienced interviewers. :roll:

Maze
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:38 pm 

Ditto that!

On the Emmy site, I noticed that there is a online keepsake book...Jemaine's included!

Quote:
Flip through this beautiful Primetime Emmy night preview book at no cost:

Celebrating Emmy®

This special, free digital publication from Zinio and Emmy® Magazine gives you more insight on top acting category nominees, plus looks inside Governors Ball style and exquisite recipes, among other exclusive features.

..visit http://www.zinio.com/celebratingemmy.

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 pm 
She's like Switzerland

If it were me I would have been tempted to go over to the rhinoceros and start moving its mouth going, "I'm the motherflippin rhymenoceros..." - depending on how well I knew the Prof whose skulls they were, I would have done it :roll2:

mockingbird
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:10 am 
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Venus wrote:
Coming to think of it, I don't think there was any footage of them being interviewed last year at the Emmy's (I could be wrong). But there's footage of when they attended the HBO Emmy afterparty two years ago like this interview with Jemaine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2IOddldhzQ

There was also a really cringeworthy interview at the same afterparty with E! Online when the interviewer came on quite strong saying how much she loved them and Bret seemed to be quite freaked out so he ended up walking away from her before she finished interviewing them.

Does anyone have a link to this second interview?

It was definitely a dumb interview and that girl was annoying and vapid. It's funny though, I have heard people describe Jemaine as "annoyed" at the end before, but for some reason he doesn't seem annoyed to me, I think he was just being polite. *shrug*

vmh
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:51 am 
A tasty piece of pastry

mockingbird wrote:
It was definitely a dumb interview and that girl was annoying and vapid. It's funny though, I have heard people describe Jemaine as "annoyed" at the end before, but for some reason he doesn't seem annoyed to me, I think he was just being polite. *shrug*

Is she annoying and vapid because she started off with how her and all her friends thought he was "totally hot"? Isn't that what we do all day here? But I agree, as an interviewer, I would choose better things to talk about. I did like how he did that shy, look down at the floor because I'm avoiding eye contact thing he does but then again, I kind of like everything that he does.

PS: If I show up early and get lucky, I'll try to capture a few shots with my camera phone and send them to Elena aka bakergirl30 (if that's alright with you Elena!). Maybe she would be so kind to post them on here so you could get a glimpse of them before the broadcast. IF.

Bad Atom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:59 am 
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

vmh wrote:
Is she annoying and vapid because she started off with how her and all her friends thought he was "totally hot"? Isn't that what we do all day here?

As one of the few men around here, I must protest this unfair generalization...

vmh wrote:
But I agree, as an interviewer, I would choose better things to talk about. I did like how he did that shy, look down at the floor because I'm avoiding eye contact thing he does but then again, I kind of like everything that he does.

I prefer to read interviews with the guys instead of watching the video because many of them are very painful to watch. The guys' dry sarcasm comes across surprisingly well in print.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next