Rockin' the Omnichord

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.

Moderator: Nancy

Re: Rockin' the Omnichord

Postby LauraK » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:11 am

Nah, they're being bid up too high for me. :(

If I get lucky and one ends at a strange time (super-early or super-late) maaaaybe...or if I can get one that needs repair and doesn't go for too much, I'll be surprised. They certainly do seem popular all of a sudden, eh? Wonder how much of that popularity Jemaine is responsible for? :hrm:

I'm watching a couple....

You know, we could also post a "Wanted To Buy" ad on Craigslist....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Try odd misspellings, sometimes I get stuff on ebay that way. It's a long shot, but their misfortunate spelling can be your gain. :D I once got a pair of shears that usually sell for close to $300 for $50 bucks because the person couldn't spell Kenchii (they're purple too, yay!). :supz:
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:54 am

Thanks for the advice deleriumtree. I tried and it's a no go - unless the spelling is so odd I can't even figure it out!

I saw one on another site that was just beautiful, with a silver vynil (or something) case, vintage condition. $400 Cdn. firm. It was posted just a week ago. Argh, I wish!!

Maybe I'll just settle for the ukelele. Not that there's anything wrong with the ukelele, I just really wanted me some of this
and this
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:24 am

is it just me or are the darker ones more appealing? (chocolate and dark grey ones)
closet jemainiac
---

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:28 am

I started out wanting a white one because of a certain someone I saw rocking out with a white one. :whistle:
But now the chocolate is definitely growing on me. It looks so tasty!
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby LauraK » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 am

Man, all the ones I watch end up going for $140-ish.....no omnichord for me any time soon. :(

but I'll keep looking...:)
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Hot Jam » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi Omnichord friends - LauraK, don't fret about not finding one right now (although, $140 might be among the lower prices). Just like that one that went for $113 just recently. It was that chocolate one that I hedged on and it was gone in a blink. But, you never know. But yeah, just check, say, every week and then it won't feel like you're looking at the same ones over and over - and going nutty :rolleyes: Also, SuzyBatt, I like those new pics that you posted!

I'm off of looking for a brown 27 and thinking more towards a 100 or 200. They have more features and effects and would make more sense as I already have the 84. (Although, I wouldn't refuse a chocolate one if it was a gift, say from my loving husband... :lol: ) Saving up for a 100 or 200 is the next task because these hardly ever go for less than $200. :|

I believe I read somewhere where Jemaine says he either has six or eight Omnichords, which would make sense seeing that there's seven actual models before the Q-Chords came on the scene. And most likely he has more by now. It seems though like he's featured/played all of the O-Chord models during their stage shows except for the brown 27 (just from pics I've seen). I do wish that Jemaine and Jenny Omnichord would get together and play.

Also, having just gotten the EvS soundtrack, I didn't realize just how much the Omnichord is present in many of the songs. Starting to dabble and play along just a bit - Very cool indeed! :D
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009
Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Location: Somewhere I'd want to be if I wasn't here but I'm here so I'm very happy!

Postby LauraK » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:47 pm

I know...I neverever would have thought twice about what was making those sounds before, lol.....:) Now I know!
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Hot Jam » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi guys - Just to let you know, there's a chocolate O-chord listed on craigslist in Jacksonville, Fla. for $150 (comes with case and adapter looks like):

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/msg/1394966798.html

It won't last long but I just thought I'd let you all know about it. :D
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009
Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Location: Somewhere I'd want to be if I wasn't here but I'm here so I'm very happy!

Postby Cuse » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:03 pm

SuzyBatt wrote:Ok, so since this is still in the Jemaine thread, I did come across a few...

Photos courtesy of our very own Cuse.

After taking these photos over 5 years ago (!), I finally came to the conclusion that I needed an omnichord in my life. Just got one off eBay last night!

Just need a U-Bass now.
Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Good for you, Cuse! :yay:

:rock: Rock on!!! :supz:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!