It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:15 am

Outback

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:16 pm

conchordgirl wrote:All right, I'm usually a very peacefully and gentle person but this guy made me mad:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5309024

I won't make you read through his lame opinions, this is what was upsetting:

Worst corporate sponsor award ... Bud Light and Diet Pepsi deserve special ridicule for their loathsome ads, but that faux Aussie guy in the Outback commercials ... he raises hackles. When the revolution occurs, that guy will beg for mercy. It will not be granted.

I can only guess that he desperately needed something 'funny' to write and that is what he came up with..

:pile:

nicole

That guy obviously has issues.

They should have let Jemaine stick with his NZ accent. Most Americans probably wouldn't have recognized the difference, and if anyone did comment, they can always point out that the restaurant does sell NZ lamb on occassion.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Spammy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:26 pm

Aussies eat Prawns, not shrimp. :nod: I don't know a single Australian person who does say shrimp... unless they are referring to my height.
Hehe
"You see a peanut, the day's off to a good start. You witness some soil, it's a jamboree for Vince Noir" - Howard Moon - The Mighty Boosh
Spammy
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Gayle » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:32 pm

Oh well, can't always be 100% accurate. An American audience would hear prawns and think - Whatha?!?
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:33 pm

Yeah a prawn shop in the future.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby jm513 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:00 am

I cannot believe that I missed all of this!! I even thought to myself at one point "You know, maybe I should at least watch the commercials - that's all I'm interested in anyway" But I never did - and look what I MISSED!!! I haven't even been able to see the commercials properly yet b/c I blew the speakers on this comp and haven't had a chance to gert on the other one yet.........tonight!!
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby avaritsos » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:03 am

a woman who volunteers w/ kate got a really funny reply from him. she told him that super bowl sunday was the one day of the year when you have to watch a sports event if you want to see your husband and said that his commercial was great because usually women have to sit thru commercials of half naked women carrying pizza or sitting ontop of cars and all the women at her super bowl part really whooped it up when he came on to get the guys jealous and he told her he was actually half naked but the naked part was under the table. cracked me up.

she also said that he told her that if she couldn't make it to austin, he and bret would most likely be playing nyc later on this year (it was one of the cities she mentioned to him in her email).

as for the article at foxsports - it's fox. they are worse than fools over there so the guy who wrote that article has to be an ignoramous.

cool that he made the front page of outback. i can't get either of the commercials to play on my windows media but its cool anyways.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby avaritsos » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:10 am

this is for sherry: in the outback menu under 'cut lunches' is this item -

The Mad Max

A seriously awesome burger! For warriors only, please. Served with bacon, American cheese, pickles, onions, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato

http://outback.com/ourmenu/menu.asp
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby jm513 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:31 am

avaritsos wrote:a woman who volunteers w/ kate got a really funny reply from him. she told him that super bowl sunday was the one day of the year when you have to watch a sports event if you want to see your husband and said that his commercial was great because usually women have to sit thru commercials of half naked women carrying pizza or sitting ontop of cars and all the women at her super bowl part really whooped it up when he came on to get the guys jealous and he told her he was actually half naked but the naked part was under the table. cracked me up.

she also said that he told her that if she couldn't make it to austin, he and bret would most likely be playing nyc later on this year (it was one of the cities she mentioned to him in her email).

as for the article at foxsports - it's fox. they are worse than fools over there so the guy who wrote that article has to be an ignoramous.

cool that he made the front page of outback. i can't get either of the commercials to play on my windows media but its cool anyways.

Awesome! My best friend and I are planning a trip to NYC. We were going to go in April, but now I'll wait and see what FoTC is doing. Lane is going to have a fit that I am postponing our trip to go see two guys she's never heard (I've sent her links in abundance but I don't think she has ever bothered to actually listen to any of it) but she is just going to have to deal.....
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Yes I said spokesmodel on purpose. It's whimsical.

Postby Ellen » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:32 am

That Fox Sportswriter Perry doesn’t know what he’s talking about.Image It’s just a bunch of jealousy and vitriol. Where’s his 30 second $2.5 mil spot, hmmm? He’s probably just bitter because he was picked last in gym class. Besides, if he had a clue he would know that Jemaine is going to be one of those leading the rebellion. Image

The Outback website looks great! I guess we can safely assume that Jemaine is their official spokesmodel now???? I’m so pleased for him! I have to give him credit too because I can only imagine how many beer battered coconut shrimps he had to consume, smiling all the while. I don't like coconut so I would have choked on the first one Image

Oh, and thanks to JP for the screen caps and tech goddess Nicole for the fabulous Quicktime ads. You guys are amazing! :prayer:
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Yes I said spokesmodel on purpose. It's whimsical.

Postby Gayle » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:43 am

Ellen wrote: Besides, if he had a clue he would know that Jemaine is going to be one of those leading the rebellion. Image

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED in your area, check local listings for details.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby CW Post » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:14 am

conchordgirl wrote:Quicktime Free Download: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Hope that helps.
nicole

Yay! Yaaay!! Thanks Nicole!! I got to see the second commercial, and maybe now I can WATCH (instead of just listen to) the HBO special that I downloaded from Figwit Lives!! Woo Hooo!
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard-- not nobody! Not no how!
CW Post
Keeping it funky

Postby avaritsos » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:15 am

anyone who works for fox has got to be an imbecile. ignore the a-hole.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby avaritsos » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:17 am

CW Post wrote:
conchordgirl wrote:Quicktime Free Download: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Hope that helps.
nicole

Yay! Yaaay!! Thanks Nicole!! I got to see the second commercial, and maybe now I can WATCH (instead of just listen to) the HBO special that I downloaded from Figwit Lives!! Woo Hooo!

if i'm not mistaken and i could be, i think their hbo special is beginning a repeat run on hbo-comedy tomorrow. if you have the hbo package the special is showing all thru feb. i think the guys have a link to the schedule on their site.
avaritsos
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:19 am

avaritsos wrote:anyone who works for fox has got to be an imbecile. ignore the a-hole.

Yes. Remember, this is the station that brought us "I Want To Marry A Millionaire" and "When Good Mud Wrestling Goes Bad". They don't exactly set the standard for television excellence.

Just the fact that they didn't get it says that Jemaine and Outback are doing something right. For Fox to have liked it, Jemaine would have had to be surrounded by boobies.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby CW Post » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:27 am

avaritsos wrote:if i'm not mistaken and i could be, i think their hbo special is beginning a repeat run on hbo-comedy tomorrow. if you have the hbo package the special is showing all thru feb. i think the guys have a link to the schedule on their site.

I don't have HBO :cry:
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard-- not nobody! Not no how!
CW Post
Keeping it funky

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement