What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Faith
 Post subject: Re: Back soon - the 'I'm off on holidays' thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:34 am 
A pastry chef and a sniper

Hey, I realize I've been back for a few days now, but never got a chance to say how my trip went. Japan was awesome. To be honest, it was never a place that I would want to go to if I was choosing a country to go to, but now that I've been there it's a very cool country. Seeing my brother again was great and we stayed on base, so that cut down on our trip costs since we were only paying $42 a night. We went to Tokyo and I've never seen so many people in my life. We tried to see Mt Fuji but the weather was rainy that day so no luck. Went to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea which was interesting since everything was in Japanese. Made some of the rides a bit more scarey because you had no idea what was going on. :lol: I learned how to eat with chopsticks. Took a lot of pics which most of you who are my friends on Facebook have already seen and if you really want to see them, PM me and I'll give you the link. :)

Next big trip is in December. I hope I will have recovered from this trip by then. Jet lag hit me hard this week, but it wasn't as bad as when I went to NZ.

bakergirl30
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 pm 
Crying tears of a rapper

So glad to have you back! It was fun looking through all your pic as you were there. :D Glad you had a great time too.

Where are you going on your next trip?

4everconchordsfan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:05 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Hey Faith, really enjoyed your pics. Let me know the dates for Disney, k?

Faith
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:15 pm 

Disney trip is the second week of December. Should be interesting because my whole family is going which includes my pregnant sister, my 18 month old niece and my aunt and uncle. We'll see how fun it'll actually be. Between the old people, the pregnant lady and the kid, I don't know how much of the parks we will actually see. :lol: But it will be Christmas time so it's probably going to be fun no matter what.

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 pm 
Can Attack!

wow, all these cool trips! Disney at Christmas will probably be pretty magical.

And Zebra, Eugene Mirman had a great routine about lost luggage, which I saw before FoTC, here summarized from a FOTC concert review from express.com in Milwaukee.:

Quote:
“Different, but just as good,” to quote an infamously unpopular commercial for a local FM station, was opener Eugene Mirman. While other observational stand-ups denounce life’s absurdities, Mirman combats them on their own terms, responding for instance, to Delta Airline’s comically scattered costumer service with a wild counterassault when the airline lost his luggage. In his written communications with Delta, he thanked them for recreating “for all Americans what it must have been like to be black in 1955,” then demanded $10,000 or controlling stock in their company, “whichever is greater.” When the airline finally sent him a check for his missing luggage, he used it to print thousands of postcards addressed to Delta, featuring a crying, crayon-drawn stick figure screaming “I hate you,” then passed them out to the crowd at the end of his set.

postcards. It's a thought...
and the summary doesn't do it justice - I hope it's on his new comedy disc.

I am bike-cheese!

4everconchordsfan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:39 pm 

Disney at Christmas is magical. The Christmas parade is so fun, I always look forward to the dancing reindeer & toy soldiers. The decorations throughout the parks & disney resorts are so beautiful. There are special Christmas shows (Very Merry Christmas party) and the costumes are really beautiful. The disney resorts are decorated in an amazing fashion, the trees & themes at each resort are unique. Not to mention that Disney's Epcot Center has a world showcase with exhibits of several countries, it is so nice to celebrate the customs and traditions of each of those countries as well as your own. They have a santa claus , christmas goodies, shopping, music etc. representative of each of the countries. They have a candlelight processional, this massive choir conducts a processional through the park, singing christmas carols & candles lit, until they reach the theatre in the American exhibit. Then everyone gathers in the theatre and a guest celebrity reads the story of christmas. There are lots of christmas stories in between, its hard to describe, it is so so beautiful though. On New Years eve they celebrate the turn of the new year at the actual real time of that country so you get to experience new years several times over. The special holiday fireworks are amazing, it would bring even the biggest humbug non believer to tears. They have so many live bands & so much activity it is insane. The crowds are insane too but it adds to the excitment.

Celebrating the holidays at Disneyworld is very special.

ZebraWarriorPrincess
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:45 pm 
Posing like a swan

It's back!! (Well, with a courier, but almost at my house).

Had a great time, pictures to follow once I have the right cable for my camera :D

(Need a major health drive now though, I feel rank!)
4ecf and MM - I did fly with Delta. It sucked!

Their customer service over here was appalling..

Nancy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:34 am 
Persona Non Regatta

Faith, are you going to Disneyworld, or Disneyland?

All I can tell you is I went to Disneyland when I was 7 months pregnant (yup, 7! :shock: ), and I had a pretty good time. Pirates of the Caribbean was the only iffy ride for me, with a couple of whooshy drops and turns, just a few extra kicks from the tummy. Obviously I didn't ride the scary stuff - I wouldn't anyway, I'm a real chicken. But the lines were pretty good because you're not really standing still for a long time, they move along fairly well, so it was just enough walking for a pregnant lady.
Whichever place you go, have a game plan of what you want to see, and then hit the place early and the most popular rides first, before the crowds really close in.
As 4ever said, it's magical, you'll have a good time - just have a conference with the group beforehand to plan a strategy, and make sure you charge up your cell phones!

ps I've been to Tokyo and Yokohama twice - loved it! :thumb:

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Faith
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:50 am 

We went to Yokohama, Nancy. I forgot to tell you. We went shopping in Chinatown and did a boat cruise around Tokyo Bay. Took pictures of the city from the observation deck of the Landmark Tower. It was a cool place. I wish the weather would have been nicer because there was this amusement park there that I really wanted to go to, but it was raining and cold that day, so that didn't happen. :(

That's funny that you mention being 7 months pregnant at Disneyland because that's how far along my sister will be when we go to Disney World. I hope she has fun and isn't completely miserable. We're all about having a game plan. I call my sister the cruise director because she always has some sort of itinerary for us. :lol: This is only the second time that I've been at Christmas, the first being in '94 when I was 14. We got on tv that year during the Christmas parade and met Regis Philbin. But we're not going Christmas week like we did that time, so no chance of getting on tv this year. :( We are going to the Very Merry Christmas party where there's going to be free hot chocolate and cookies, parades and fake snow. :thumb: I'm really excited about this trip. I love Disney World. I would live there if I could. :lol:

Nancy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:15 am 
Persona Non Regatta

Yes, the "World" has a lot more than the "Land" to offer different age groups, especially with Epcot, etc.
I've enjoyed them both. My daughter was 2 1/2 when we first went to Disneyworld with her. My ex carried her on his shoulders while running everywhere to save walking time between rides, then after we had hit most of them, we got her down to walk a little. (Boy, did she sleep that night!)

Well, enjoy yourself when you go, but for the moment welcome home! :wave:

ZWP, glad your bag is on its way to you! :D

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:54 am 
She did indeed have the time of her life

Good to know your suitcase has been found, Zebra! :D

Glad you had a great time in Japan, Faith. Very cool that you'll be going to DisneyWorld around Christmas time. It sounds like it will be magical! I haven't been to DisneyWorld yet but I've been to Disneyland, Paris on two occasions- when I was 7 and once again in 2003, both during the summer holidays.

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

songbird
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:06 pm 

Faith, you'll have so much fun at DisneyWorld! I was acutally there about a month and a half ago - great fun! (I had breakfast in Cinderella's castle. Best. thing. ever. :wink: )

Image Image

Panda..ness
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:19 pm 
Consistently Mediocre

i just realised i havnt said im back..i am haha!
i had a fun weekend :D went to a bonfire on thurs, then stayed at my nanas till friday, where i went to my dads & we had some fireworks in his garden (they were a bit crap haha) then on saturday we picked up my brother & went to another bonfire, which was soo packed! & was really good :D
then on sunday i went to leeds & saw the boosh doc again, a short film called 'curtains' which is written & directed by julian barratt (whos part of boosh hah) & then bunny and the bull again, so it was a booshy day. & julian was there *swoooon* & oly who made the boosh film & who was lovely to us a couple of weeks ago was there too. we didnt meet them but it was good just them being there :D & i saw some friends i hadnt seen in a while so :D

a couple of fireworks pics for you ;D

(im proud of that last pic :D)

Why did i get double stuffed?

ZebraWarriorPrincess
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:25 pm 
Posing like a swan

Cool! My uke ones are up now too! :rock:

LauraK
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:15 pm 
Boom King!

Whoa Panda! That last one....is that when the fiery pit of Hell was opened?? 8) Cool pic!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next