What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
vmh
 Post subject: Re: Dreaming of...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:42 pm 
A tasty piece of pastry

Nice dream, 4ever. I hope it does come true. I'd love to see them in NZ! But if we ever go, I do plan on bungee jumping. :lol:

Amanda
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:01 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Awesome dream 4ever! :D

Venus
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:44 am 
She did indeed have the time of her life

That's a great dream, 4ever! Interesting that WTF-ers worked whilst living on a sheep farm and that's very generous of Hugh Jackman. :lol: I'd consider going to NZ to see them as long as the dates were at just the right time. :)

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Gracie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:55 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

:what: Why aren't my dreams like this?

I am especially giggly about the Hugh Jackman bit. :roll2:

And I'm with you on the dreams coming true bit. :halo: Although, just hope for the best bits of the dream, unless you like sheep farms. :dunno:

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

mockingbird
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:19 am 
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

So, I had a dream the other night that was really lame from a Conchords standpoint, but kind of interesting otherwise. I dreamed I went to see the Conchords at a small, divey club. That part was pretty cool. In my dream they were playing Bowie, which makes sense because that song has been stuck in my head for a few days, lol. Then the show was over and I went out into the lobby. There was a bar in the lobby so I went over there and got a drink. The bar was at the far end of the lobby, near the doors to the outside, and there was an expanse of empty floor between it and the doors to the actual club, where people were milling about. I saw Bret and Jemaine come out of the doors and I was like, "Holy crap, it's Bret and Jemaine!" To myself, because I wasn't there with anybody I knew, which was both good and bad. I felt a little awkward because I was alone but I also felt free to do whatever the heck I wanted, lol. So anyway, Jemaine came over to where I was standing at the bar and got a cup of water and was talking to some of the people around me. I wanted desperately to insert myself into the conversation somehow but I couldn't figure out a way to do that without sounding like an ass so I ended up not saying anything, and a minute later he left and went outside. I of course went outside also. ;) There was a parking lot next to the club and B and J were mingling with the small crowd. It was all very casual, like an outside party.

I spent the next part of the dream just at this "party" talking to random people, which was both awkward and fun, as it can be in real life, lol. I talked to Bret but I never talked to Jemaine, much to my dream self's dismay, lol. Then next thing I knew the sun was coming up and I was saying, "Crap, I have to get home!" I felt bad for hubby, waking up and me not being home yet and having to do all the morning stuff himself. The rest of the dream was me wandering around this imaginary city (which was quite modern and clean, unlike the city settings I usually dream about) in the early morning sunlight looking for my car. Which was actually kind of pleasant, despite my growing anxiety over not finding the car and worrying about my family. I did finally find the car and then the dream was segueing into trying to find the right way home, but fortunately my brain had enough of that theme for one night and I woke up. And it *was* actually morning, lol.

OK sorry, that was a really boring dream, lol. It needed unicorns or something. ;)

Nancy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:36 am 
Persona Non Regatta

No unicorns needed, mock! Not boring at all. Good one! :thumb:

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

vmh
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:43 am 
A tasty piece of pastry

We should have a unicorn smilie/emoticon that we could throw in to comments just for fun. But for now, would a pooping horse help? :horse:

I had a dream last week starring James Bobin. He didn't say anything in my dream. He was just...there. We were at an awards show and I guess I was his date for the evening. The awards show was uneventful and boring as most awards shows are so I don't remember the details of that. I do remember after it was over, James got out of his seat quickly and rushed out. I followed him. We exited the building and walked across the street to this old, seedy bar. We went downstairs to some secret room and there was a group of wealthy, powerful men there. I was wearing a trench coat. Then, a bunch of scantily clad women came in and I remember feeling really uncomfortable and out of place. That's all I remember. :hrm:

Gracie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Hehe, that is the MOST awesome dream vmh! :D Has anyone had a dream about JB before? :lol:

I've been having some bizarro dreams myself lately. I had my first proper FOTC dream the other day (in the past it's just been me watching the TV show - WHAT kind of dream is THAT?!!!), but I am soooooo mad at myself because I can't remember a single detail. I woke up and thought "Oh I'm tired, I'll go back to sleep. I'm sure I'll still remember the dream when I wake up."

But I was wrong. :evil:

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

Nancy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 pm 
Persona Non Regatta

I know the guys have appeared in my dreams at times, but like you, Gracie, I just cannot remember them when I wake up. :doh:

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:10 am 
Boom King!

I had one the other night and because I didn't write it down, it's almost all gone.
All I know is that it was another of my going-on-a-long-trip dreams, where suddenly it's time to leave and I'm not packed and all of my clothes are dirty and I'm rushing and thinking I can maybe go to a thrift store when I get wherever it is I'm going.....and I'm with Bret and Jemaine and we're heading to NZ. At the airport, they're asking us for our passports, and I'm thinking "omg, I don't have one..." :? and Jemaine tells me to "just do what everyone does, draw a blue guitar on a piece of paper." So I do and the next thing I know, I'm on the plane. I vaguely recall worrying that maybe I should've told Tom about this trip and wondering who would take Jacob to school.......but that's all I remember. :?
I'm bummed cuz I know this was a long dream!

SheWolf
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:01 am 
Boom King!

Hahahaha!

The Jem ones I usually remember pretty vividly. I had one awhile back where he and Bret were on a tiny stage in what looked like a department store setting up for a show. I was seated on a raised platform covered with that hard department store carpet watching & J and I kept making eye contact. Bret was having some trouble getting things going (Amoeba perhaps?) so Jem took a break, sat next to me, said something that I don't remember then we were kissing and he laid on top of me. I was pretty embarrassed by this as there were now a bunch of construction guys hanging around and I was the only girl and felt a bit vulnerable so I told him gently to knock it off and we'd get to all that later. He was cool with that and returned to the stage then I woke up.

LauraK
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:10 am 
Boom King!

Of course you woke up....no other reason to stay in that dream. You didn't let Jemaine have his wicked way with you right there on that hard dept store carpet in front of the construction guys. :lol: (What was Dream SW thinking?? Lol)

That's a good one....

(You reading this, Jemaine??) :eeek:

closet jemainiac
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:32 am 
---

Dream CJ would have been on top of J...construction workers or not :twisted:

mockingbird
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:40 am 
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Yeah my dream self would've been like, "Hey Big J if she's not into it I'm your girl!" :lol: ;) I have no shame. :twisted:

I never, ever, ever get Conchords nookie in my dreams. When I dream about them, which isn't often, I'm usually following them around trying to work up the nerve to talk to them, lol. Hello, subconscious! You don't need to be so realistic, it's a dream, you know! Can we work out my feelings of repression and insecurity some other time? :lol: ;)

Nancy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:34 am 
Persona Non Regatta

:roll2: Laura - "Draw a blue guitar on a piece of paper??" :rolls:

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next