It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 am

Kristen Schaal

More commonly known as Mel to Conchords fans.

Moderator: Venus

Re: Kristen Schaal

Postby vmh » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:52 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Kristen has a bit part as a Flight Attendant in the new movie, "The Goods" starring Jeremy Piven (that's how I originally came across it, because I'm a huge Jeremy Piven fan). Movie comes out August 14th :)

I just noticed that too. She has a spot in the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMI64TLjuI
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 am

Cool! Here's the imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1092633/

Kristen isn't on the cast list (yet), but I'm sure she's in there. Quite an impressive lineup.
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.
ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby tvldiva » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:10 am

For anyone in Boston on June 27th, check this out-
Saw this in a tweet Eugene put out-
@eugenemirman Here's a video of Kristen Schaal and I interviewing each other...to promote Boston show on 6/27: http://tiny.cc/g0bsb
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby LikeACurry » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:41 am

^ Great link, they are so funny. The show must been great :)
Love the title Kristen's upcoming book 'The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex' :lol:
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage
LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby vmh » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:46 am

LikeACurry wrote:Love the title Kristen's upcoming book 'The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex' :lol:

:rolls: Really? Just when I thought it wasn't possible to love her more.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby LauraK » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 pm

Kristen replied to my email regarding that spammer and the vid he said she was in. Not her. :)

She also said that she now has the PPoP tees that were being sold during the tour and was in the process of figuring out how to distribute/sell them. I asked he to keep me in mind for one and that I had friends who'd also want them.....:)

So here's hoping we can get one of them- it was a great tee!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 pm

That really cool she got a back to you about the t-shirts. I would love one. :D
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby songbird » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:49 am

AAAAH I was flipping channels and I found the comedy network and here's Kristen doing standup!! Can't wait to watch this...
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:52 am

I loved her special. I didn't think it was classic standup comedy, but she's a great comic actresss and I liked a lot of the sketches she did with her partner Curt. That whole bit with her and her parakeet that flew away was pretty priceless.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Venus » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:35 pm

I noticed that Kristen and Kurt had a very brief cameo in one of Channel 4's (UK) Comedy Showcase programmes, 'The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret' when I watched it online yesterday. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Eating With Kristen Schaal: Oyster Shooters, Monkey Brains, and the Tyranny of Onions
By Rebecca Marx in Chatting With, Featured, Marx
Wednesday, Dec. 2 2009 @ 11:42AM

Lisa Whiteman/The Morning News
​
Actress, writer, and comedienne Kristen Schaal is best known for her role as Mel, Flight of the Conchords's backpack-wearing, one-woman fan club. She's also played a switchboard operator on Mad Men, made numerous appearances as the Daily Show's Senior Women's Issues Commentator, performed in comedy clubs and festivals around the world. Schaal, who's also been collaborating with the Daily Show's Rich Blomquist on a sex guide called, appropriately, The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex, spoke with FitR about the "culinary playground" that is New York, why she hates onions, why she loves Prune, and the peerless beauty of oysters.

What's in your refrigerator?

A yogurt and a beer.

Which neighborhood do you live in, and where do you like to eat there?

Hell's Kitchen. Keens, Taboon, Nizza, 44 & X.

Where do you like to drink, and why?

Prune makes the best vodka martinis up and dirty. The olives are always good and they taste buttery and perfect. Blue Ribbon in Park Slope is a very close second.

Where's the restaurant/food store/bar we'd be most likely to find you in on your day off?

Prune, drinking delicious martinis and sucking up bone marrow.

You're known in part for playing an obsessive fan on Flight of the Conchords -- are there any foods, restaurants, bars, or weird food implements that you're obsessed with?

I love oysters. I like them raw and plain. I don't like it when sushi restaurants prepare them with a sauce before they serve them. Each oyster is so unique - one is sweet, another creamy, briney, meaty; I want to taste all of it. When you drench them in sauce you overpower their subtleties. It's like pouring cocktail sauce in white wine. I also love oyster shooters and try to order one whenever possible. So far the most incredible shooters have come from California. I just had one in San Francisco that used a vanilla flavored sake, quail egg and lime. It was perfection. I'd like to make a coffee table book of oyster shooters from around the world.

Is there a restaurant where you go more for the service and ambience than the food?

Mars 2112.

What do you eat when nobody's watching?

I'm not ashamed of any food. I think it's lucky that we have such an abundance of it available. But if there was one thing that I wouldn't want people to know about, it would be the time I ate monkey brains in Vietnam while the poor guy was still kicking.

What do you eat before or after doing a show?

Deli sandwiches.

When you're filming Conchords, are you more likely to hit craft services or find something to eat in the neighborhood?Are there any cast/crew stand-bys?

Nutella sandwiches are a constant that keeps everyone happy.

Is there anything you refuse to eat?

I try to avoid onions. I think they are the bully of vegetables. I can unfortunately always pick out an onion hidden in any gourmet medley. And then its sour flavor sits on my tongue for hours. Even after a scrub down. I hate them.

On a similar note, what's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?

Monkey brains.

Where's your favorite place to get a slice of pizza?

I like the Sicilian slice at Two Boots. I prefer my crusts thick. And my men.

Where do you eat most often?

I have been to Keens a lot. I like to take out of town guests there because it's such a special place. Every time I walk in I feel like I have passed into another era. And the steak melts in your mouth.

Do you cook?

In my dreams.

What's been the most memorable meal of your life so far?

A Greek restaurant in Melbourne served a special that had all the organs of a rabbit prepared in the most perfect, succulent way. I did one of the best shows of my life after that meal, I credit it to that lucky rabbit.

When you moved to New York, did you have any food experiences that helped to define New York as a city for you?

My family never really went out to eat. So I do feel like I am making up for it in one of the best culinary playgrounds around.

Source

Kristen has interesting taste in food, eh? :lol:
&
Venus

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Monkey brains when he was still kicking?! rabbit inurds?! raw, plain oysters? :shock:

I thought I was adventurous....whatever floats your boat, Kristen...
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Venus » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:15 pm

I know, right? :sick:

Happening tonight:

The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

Part of the series Closely Watched Films, hosted by Elliott Kalan, with special guest Kristen Schaal.

The funniest movie ever? Probably. The funniest movie about unwanted pregnancy? Definitely. Trudy Kockenlocker, all-American small town girl wants to show the boys a good time before they head to war, only to wake up pregnant and forgetful. If only she could remember if she's married and whether his name was Ratskiwatski! Can nervous nebbish Norville Barnes save the day? Not really, but things work out anyway.

Legendary writer/director Preston Sturges masterfully mixes sophisticated wit, biting satire and people falling down into a movie James Agee felt was only possible because the censorship board "has been raped in its sleep".

Host Elliott Kalan welcomes special guest Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords, The Daily Show) as they discuss their experience watching the film and probably, which characters they have crushes on.

Director: Preston Sturges. 98 min. 1944. 35mm.

Date & Time: Wed, Dec 2, 2009, 8:00pm

Venue: 92YTribeca Screening Room

Code: T-MM5FD04-01

Price: $12.00

Source
&
Venus

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:25 pm

OMG. She loves the same kind of food as I do! (apart from onions. Love 'em.) I also would hate monkey brains.

And dirty martinis!
And Preston Sturges!

please come be my BFF, Kristin.

:prayer:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby vmh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:39 am

I'd go out to dinner with Kristen. She hates onions just as much as I do (not a fan of bulb vegetables in general). But I too would skip the monkey brains. Poor thing! My mom's from Vietnam. I'll have to ask her if she has ever eaten live monkey brains. :lol: :| But oyster shooters...yum!
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

PreviousNext

Return to Kristen Schaal