It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:51 am

Unpopular opinions?

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: Unpopular opinions?

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:11 am

There have been a few songs on the show that didn't do much for me and I was more or less just waiting for them to be over so I could get back to the story.
thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:18 am

which ones, Stray? I never cared for bowie...Im not a fan or familiar with Bowie (other than seeing him in Labryinth :) ) so its all pretty much lost on me... Pretty much any song that didnt make either album (except for Cheer up Murray) I could do without too....
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Gracie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:47 am

Me too CJ, I massively :heart: Cheer Up Murray. It would be in my top 5 (I think - maybe I should say top 10 to be sure :lol: ).

thestray ( :wave: - I should wander into the Greetings thread), there are songs that I really just wanted to be over at first glance/listen, but now I'm really into them now :hrm: (eg. Angels, Demon Woman).
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.
Gracie

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:58 am

Like Bret has said, Demon Woman has that voodo beat that you just cant ignore :D
closet jemainiac
---

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:09 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:which ones, Stray? I never cared for bowie...Im not a fan or familiar with Bowie (other than seeing him in Labryinth :) ) so its all pretty much lost on me... Pretty much any song that didnt make either album (except for Cheer up Murray) I could do without too....

Really?... In addition to Cheer Up Murray, I love love love Bret You've Got it Going On, If You're Into It, and Song for Sally.
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:59 pm

I hate song for sally...the other 2 I certainly like...but I can handle only having them on the internet
closet jemainiac
---

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:10 am

I LOVE Song For Sally! Definitely in my Top 10! Love it so much! Play it on my uke all the time :) Not so much a fan of Inner City Pressure though :/
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Venus » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 pm

I enjoy pretty much all of their songs but of course some have had to grow on me. One song which I do tend to skip though these days is Petrov, Yelyena and Me.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby LauraK » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Do you skip through both versions, or just the one on Freaky? I do not like that one, not at all. :hrmpf: Now, the one on FTW has grown on me to the point that it's one of my faves! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:19 pm

I never have warmed to Freaky on record, but like it live.

Frodo, Don't Wear the Ring is funny about five times.

And, no flames, but I was never a fan of Petrov - it's funny a couple of times, but not in my top ten for sure.

Otherwise, I like most of their stuff.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby songbird » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:15 pm

There's very few songs that I don't like. I find myself skipping Foux du Fafa a lot recently...and I know I've expressed my opinion on Inner City Pressure before.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:18 pm

those are 2 of my favs from season one....I appreciate Petrov...but usually skip over that one..I didnt like hurt feelings much and its still low on the list, but its growing on me...I dig how Jem sings the first part of the chorus :D
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Venus » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:00 am

Unfortunately both versions, Laura but I do prefer the Folk The World version because Jemaine is great in it too. I was intrigued by the song at first but after a few listens, I wasn't enjoying it as much. :dunno:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby thestray » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:30 am

closet jemainiac wrote:which ones, Stray? I never cared for bowie...Im not a fan or familiar with Bowie (other than seeing him in Labryinth :) ) so its all pretty much lost on me... Pretty much any song that didnt make either album (except for Cheer up Murray) I could do without too....

I'm not a fan or familiar with Bowie either, but for some reason I still love that song, it's so absurd, plus it sounds good.

"Petrov, Yeylena and Me", "Demon Woman", and "Prince of the Parties" are ones I can remember where I was waiting to laugh, but never really did. I'm not that crazy about "Foux Da Fafa" either. Kinda liked it the first time, but now when I watch that episode I just skip through it.
thestray

Postby Gracie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:38 am

I love Foux Du Fafa! It holds a special place in my heart (it was the first FOTC song I heard). :heart:

I like the tune for Prince of Parties but yeah I didn't laugh through it either. Except for maybe the bit Bret sitting on a horse who is also Bret (although that's not part of the song is it).

I'm not fussed on Business Time. :o :shock: I liked it at first but after like 10 times the joke wears thin and there's not enough singing (IMHO :wink: ).
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.
Gracie

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords