It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Lurkers, lurkers - Come out wherever you are

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Lurkers, lurkers - Come out wherever you are

Postby Sherry » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:38 pm

Yes, that means you :lol: :wink:

This is an open invite for you, you lurker type people with an active account here to jump in and join us on the forum. You visit(ed), you read, you liked what you saw enough to sign up for an account here but you don't post. That's fine if you really don't want to, but we'd be more than happy if you decide to come out of the woodwork and mingle with the masses and share a few or lots of words. Be they long words, short words or even the odd abb. its all appreciated and our posting members will I am sure take time to reply :type: :purple:

So what do you say? :worry: Please don't say 'nothing' otherwise I'll look like a lemon. Or billy no mates. Or I'll cry. Or all 3. And you don't want that on your conscience when you go to bed tonight do you? Do you? :shock:

So if you are passing, have read this and are now so inspired, click in the Quick Reply box, write something and hit Submit before you have a chance to think too much about it. Its the start of a new year, new decade so why not start posting.

Hope to hear from someone, anyone, someone, lurker type people at some point this year.

Yours

HopingI'mnotsoundingtoodesperateandneedywritingthisandnowgoingtohide
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Lurkers, lurkers - Come out wherever you are

Postby Ratashak » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Does an infrequent poster count as a lurker? I've posted before, but not much. Don't want to seem creepy (as "lurker" sounds) so here are a few words:

I'm an idiot as far as posting pics, screen capping, and all the lovely visuals you non-computer idiots post here. So, I come along every once in a while, take a look at the sexiness that is FOTC, read your funny stuff and move along.

Thanks for all the fun!
Ratashak
Keeping it funky

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Ratashak! :wave: Good to see you again!

If you or anyone else out there wants help with photo's or avatar's and such, feel free to pm (private message) me and I'll help if I can. I know there are great threads that teach on the forum as well. Everyone here is nice and helpful to beginners. I remember my first attempts at posting photos...the first one was gigantic, and the second one was teeny tiny. :lol: You won't feel awkward for long, trust me. 8)

I'm quite curious as to why different people lurk and how often they visit the site. I imagine some are really busy and just read and catch up. Does anyone out there feel weird about posting? I hope not because here we embrace our weirdness. :lol: I have met so many wonderful interesting people here, I just want to encourage anyone that is nervous that there is no reason to be. Just be yourself, truly. You'll have dozens of instant friends. :bighug:

I'm still waiting to hear from the winner of The Most Active Lurker catagory. :whistle:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Nonch, yeah I agree and would love to hear something from WTF award winning Most Active Lurker.

In the meantime the runner-up is 'prisint'. :lol: If I keep posting I'm going to lose my award winning runner up status most active lurker. :lol:

Ratashak it's all good. Come out & hang with us. Yis, we are a goofy bunch at times but we are good people. Welcoming people. We'd like to know how & when you found FOTC? If you've ever met them? If you're a Bretero, Jemainiac or bi-conchordian? You are making a contribution just by posting & sharing your FOTC experience. Am I asking too many questions?

Anywho, hope you feel welcome to the group. We look forward to getting to know you. Come hang out, k?
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:14 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:
I'm quite curious as to why different people lurk and how often they visit the site. I imagine some are really busy and just read and catch up.

That's mostly it.

I've posted quite a lot in years past and I guess I've run out of things to say. :worry: Don't count me out. I'm still here, :eyelashes: just sitting quietly behind the sofa. :sofa:
Deirdre

Postby Ratashak » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 am

"We'd like to know how & when you found FOTC?"--2005 lovely accidental viewing of HBO special

"If you've ever met them?"I attended the Ann Arbor MI show in 2008 and the Detroit show in 2009, but didn't have the pleasure of the meet and greets as I was attending with fans of less persistence and desire as if I had gone myself

"If you're a Bretero, Jemainiac or bi-conchordian?" I am firmly bi-conchordian enjoying the qualities of both fine men equally

"Am I asking too many questions?" no, I enjoy being among like minded folks here ;)
Ratashak
Keeping it funky

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:54 am

Deirdre....from SxSW? :shock: That Dierdre?!?!? :prayer: I've really enjoyed your posts (and pictures). How many times have you seen the guys live?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:41 am

Happy New Year, Dierdre and Ratashak! :wave:

Good to hear from you folks again. Glad to know you're there.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Deirdre » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Yes, it's me. :wave: To answer the questions: I found them on the "One Night Stand" that aired after the Bill Maher show in Sept. 2005. It was the first time I had ever looked anyone up on the computer, since I hadn't had much experience with the medium. I found WTF and an amazing group of people. I was pretty much here for hours, daily, for about two years having a blast. :supz: :partyman: In the last few years I participated less and less, but have never left.

I saw the guys at "Yard Dog" and "The Red Eyed Fly" at SXSW in 2006. That's when I met them and got to hang out a little bit. There weren't long lines of groupies back then. Then I saw them in NY in 2007 and again chatted after the show. A little more competition to talk to them after the show. But I waited a while till I went up to them and they seemed happy to see me. Then in early 2009 we drove down to Austin again for the big tour. The show was in a giant venue. It wasn't quite the same and I missed the intimacy of the smaller gigs. :hrm: Sherry was always saying that to us when we were newbies. It is better to see then in a smaller venue. I finally saw the difference. Plus, there was no meet and greet, even though there was quite a line of us. Ad we had been told over and over the guys had already left. But we hung out waiting just the same because you never knew.

Thanks for the complements Nonch and the greetings Nancy. I am not as excited/crazy about FoTC as I used to be. But they'll always be in my heart. And I'm so happy for all of you that are excited/crazy. It is a really fun ride. They are not only extremely talented, they are genuinely good people. And from what I've read, so are you all. Good people, I mean, though I'm sure a few of you are also talented. :worry:

Basically the reason I still come back and lurk is that I'll never really be over them. And I'll always wish the best for them and want to know what's up with them. That's how it is when you love someone. :halo:
Last edited by Deirdre on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deirdre

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Deirdre wrote:Basically the reason I still come back and lurk is that I'll never really be over them. And I'll always wish the best for them and want to know what's up with them. That's how it is when you love someone. :halo:

Awww, Deirdre that is so sweet. :hug: :heart: I can tell how viry fond you are of them. You are too right; that kind of love & affection never dies. They have a way at pulling at our heart strings. They are the kindest men & deliciously talented.

I'm so glad to meet you for the first time here. I frequently watch the youtube video of you with the guys. It is classic. I just love how flustered and speechless Jemaine was when you showed him that you carried the photo of his lips. Bret was cracking up, it is just priceless. Not to mention that you are adorable.

Well, hope to see ya back around. It is great to have met the woman who made Jemaine absolutely speechless & blushed. :D :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

:bolt: Off to watch your video again.

Have a great week.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan

Postby Deirdre » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 pm

:D Nice to meet you too.
Deirdre

Postby closet jemainiac » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Deirdre. That video was what led me to WTF! :D Because THEY knew about it and obviously wanted to give it some screen time by asking you about it. A forum endorsed by the guys themselves! What more can you ask for?! I love that video....it is hands down my favorite of the guys...so thanks!!! :D
closet jemainiac
---

Postby SheWolf » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:51 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:I'm still waiting to hear from the winner of The Most Active Lurker catagory. :whistle:
I'm assuming it's Jemaine's pseudonym. :yawinkle:

Hi Deirdre. Glad to see you are still hanging around here a bit.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby kipples » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:22 pm

I've only posted a couple of times so I'm in the lurker category.
I only discovered FotC during the summer. Within a week I had all the shows watched and bought the 1st season! The last time I enjoyed a band this much was when I discovered the Beatles! I'll have to start posting here more as none of my friends are into them as much as I am.
kipples

Postby Deirdre » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:Hi Deirdre. That video was what led me to WTF! :D Because THEY knew about it and obviously wanted to give it some screen time by asking you about it. A forum endorsed by the guys themselves! What more can you ask for?! I love that video....it is hands down my favorite of the guys...so thanks!!! :D

You know, I need to go back and watch that whole Texas Odyssey again. I usually just see the little clip on Youtube when you search "lips Jemaine." My younger (second, haha) daughter get's a kick out of watching it. I bet she'd like to see the part with her dad in it too. And, I am glad you found your way here. Maybe others saw WTF mentioned on the video and came here as well. :thumb: I never thought of that. :puzzled:

Hi SW! :yawinkle:
Deirdre

Next

Return to Flight of The Conchords