It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:13 am

I Turn My Camera On

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: I Turn My Camera On

Postby Venus » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:42 am

Nice pics everyone :thumb:
I took this pic when I went to visit a friend this evening in Docklands near Canary Wharf, London
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby mockingbird » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:20 am

Wow. You all are great photographers. I'm impressed. SheWolf your water picture was so cool and biscuit I love architectural detail pics like that and your frost pics lately have been amazing. :shock: I told a couple of people about your "frost on the inside of the door lock" photo, lol. Also Panda I love your robot camera. :thumb:

My camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot little point-and-click pocket thing. It takes decent pictures for what it is. I am not a "photographer", amateur or otherwise. My pictures are strictly documentary and truthfully not very good 80% of the time, lol. So don't expect too much. Not only that but I am going to post about four of them right now, sorry. I promise I won't be this annoying all the time. ;)

This is my husband in our front yard. He hates the paparazzi, lol. ;) We are on our way to the thrift store to look for pants for my son, who has managed to put holes in the knees of every single pair of pants he owns.

Here is the stylish gold mannequin by the front door.

"If you kids don't clean up this mess right now, I'm getting out The Cards!" :twisted: :lol:

I almost bought this. In fact looking at it again I might have to go back tomorrow and get it, lol.

This is a plastic Elvis guitar filled with popcorn. That someone donated to Salvation Army. I don't even want to know how old that popcorn is, lol. Sorry this picture is so crappy (even by comparison) but it was behind the cash registers and I had to snap it quick because I didn't want to make a TOTAL spectacle of myself. ;)

edit - Also, looking at this picture more closely, I see that official looking certificate on the wall is from Ohio, which is not the state this thrift store is in. :hrm: :lol: :dunno:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:05 am

Ha! Before I read your comments about the Elvis popcorn guitar, I was thinking, "Wow. I can't believe they accepted that for donation, but also left the popcorn in there! And are now selling it!" Of course, I bet someone will happily buy it!

I love the mannequin shot!

Venus, that's a cool shot with the reflections in the water.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Faith » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:53 am

I was bored and sitting at a red light when I tried to get a shot of the sunset.

Sadly, my pics are being taken with the camera on my phone since I never remember to take my real camera with me. :lol:
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 am

All I can say is...Wow, what wonderful photos, folks!!! :thumb:

I have a Kodak Easyshare that I enjoy using, and it's always in my purse. I know I won't take a pic a day, but I'll enjoy seeing all of yours and joining nonch in lurking. :wink:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Red » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 am

Great photos everyone! I've been lurking on this thread too. I'm not much of a photographer but I was stuck at my hubby's studio for 2 hours today with nothing to do but play with my phone. So I took a few pictures - nothing special but I did notice how pretty some of the microphones are.

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:21 am

I was really annoyed with myself because today we drove out to look at some property for sale in the Palisades area and it was incredibly beautiful and of course I did not have my camera. :x I really need to get in the habit of grabbing it when I go out the door. So instead, here's an extreme close up of my dog. :lol:

Her name is Lady. (I didn't name her.) She's very sweet. :heart:
mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:26 am

Red wrote:Image

Nice pictures, Red. I especially like the last one. This one reminds me of a codpiece worn by a couple of my favorite Kiwis, lol. ;)
mockingbird

Postby Red » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:29 am

:purple:
Red

Postby SuzyBatt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:19 am

Wow, there are some really wonderful pictures here. You folks have inspired me. I took some pictures yesterday that I'll try to find the time to post.

mockingbird wrote:I was really annoyed with myself because today we drove out to look at some property for sale in the Palisades area and it was incredibly beautiful and of course I did not have my camera. :x I really need to get in the habit of grabbing it when I go out the door.

Me too. I was at my sister's and could have taken some really nice shots, if I had my camera. :doh: Instead I took a few goofy ones when I got home.

I think I'm going to join Project 365. Just have to get around to doing it.
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:32 am

mock, Lady is absolutely gorgeous! I just want to cover her snout with kisses!

Red, those are some really good shots you got! I particularly like the first one with the lights in the background. Very cool!

Yesterday I took a picture of a wall. Eh, I wasn't motivated and hey, finally some sunshine! Had to document it! ;)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Peaches » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 am

Wow! *chronically late to the posting party*

Everyone has amazing photos! Must take some of the blasting sunshine and searin heat here!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby biscuit » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 pm

Indy: Your pic makes me miss the urban kind of nature :lol:

Venus: I like how the dome looks like something visiting from space 8)

Mock: Thrift stores look alike all over the world, don't they? :) I think I'm going to have to bring my camera the next time I visit the one we have here :nod:

Red: Cool details/ close-ups! :)

I'm going through a detail appreciation phase myself:) Yesterday's pic du jour was supposed to be this close-up of my husband mending a rip in his snow suit. Real men know how to sew! :heart:

He was doing this so he could join the rest of the family for a skiing/ sledging trip, where I got this funny pic of Nic skiing down a hill. He does this funny thing with his tongue when he concentrates :lol: A great action shot I thought:)

Todays's pic is just a photo of a fabric painting Christiania did at school when she was 8. I love it, and it is one of the few pictures we brought to the new flat:)

Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby trefusis » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:46 am

Some talented wielders of the camera on here!

Biscuit, your daughter's picture is awesome :clap: . And I love the picture of your little skier. His whole posture just exudes concentration.

Here's a (slightly too small in the original) photo of one of my sweethearts, making a new friend. I like it because she is so delighted in it - also I love that thing that donkeys do, where they don't exactly look at you but they just sidle up and stand as close to you as they can possibly get. I am, generally, very fond of donkeys, and nearly rescued one on impulse the other day before I realised we just don't have the space.

That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby LauraK » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:04 am

biscuit, I was going to say the same thing about Venus' pic. It looks like a UFO emerging from the water. Very cool pic.
Your daughter's painting looks like something you'd see in a gallery....can she still still paint like that? Impressive....most impressive. (I say that with no Darth Vader intonation...)

I like the microphone close-ups, Red. Pretty cool.

Faith- darn good pic from a cameraphone!

trefusis- awww. That's sweet...

mock, I love your thrift store shots. :lol: It looks like the stuff at ours, too....and Lady has a very sweet face. :)

I'm no photog, but here's a few I took Saturday at my aunt's. They're her dogs:

Newest Papillon, Angel:

Their Papillon, Happy, who is so smart and sweet: (and comfortable)

Aunt Nita and dogs, Glory the Cavalier King Charles is next to her:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

PreviousNext

Return to General