It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:53 pm

I Turn My Camera On

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, mohumbhai mania, Venus

Re: I Turn My Camera On

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:31 am

You can get something called "floating frames" at Michael's, it's basically a thin black frame with two pieces of clear heavy plastic. So you could put them in back to back and flip it over when the mood strikes. I don't know if they have them in poster size but it might be worth checking.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Peaches » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:41 am

Haha! Mock you make me laugh!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:47 am

Aw Mock, your son is beautiful! He has gorgeous eyes. He's going to be a looker when he grows up. :D
Red

Postby Faith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:48 am

I love those pics of your daughter, especially the one where you caught her.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby LauraK » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:10 am

Your son is beautiful...hope it's ok to call a boy that, but he is. One day he'll be very handsome.....but me being a hairstylist, I kept looking at his hair, lol! I'd love to cut it...not short. Jake and Tom have stuck with pretty short hair for a while now, so I haven't gotten to really CUT boy hair in a while...

Your daughter is adorably blurry, but she'll probably outgrow it. They all have a blurry phase.... :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:16 am

Aw thanks you guys. :heart:

LauraK wrote:Your daughter is adorably blurry, but she'll probably outgrow it. They all have a blurry phase.... :D

:lol: Yes, we're hoping she'll gain some focus as she matures. ;)
mockingbird

Postby Peaches » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:28 am

I don't wanna sound like a weirdo perv, but you have very beautiful children Mock :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:43 am

Yes, you have beautiful kids, mock. Also thanks for the floating frame idea, I'll look into it.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:39 pm

I've been enjoying everyone's pictures so much. I especially like the details. I like when photography can abstract reality.

Mock, just to reiterate what's been said, your son is quite the handsome boy. Glad your daughter was feeling we enough to espace the camera though. I've lots of similar pics of mine as a blur! :lol:

I started taking pics last Friday and finally downloaded them yesterday. Each day I wouldn't think to take a picture till evening, when I was in for the day, so they are all around the house and rather dark. I tried to go with natural light. I quickly got bored with the subject matter so tried to focus on composition. I still think they're pretty drab, also because my camera isn't great. But here are a few of my favourites.

I couldn't resist the way they were laying on top of each other. My daughter calls this one 'The Pig Jumps Over the Cow'.

I like the reflections.

Feet!

My favourite... My-Uke! (sorry, sizing problems :dunno: )
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 pm

mock your home looks so homey. What lovely feet.

Here's a shocker of a contrast behold- my frankenstein foot - it's actually greener than it appears here.

Stray cat feeding time.

I got this lovely orchid the other day from "J" Hmmmm.... :hrm:

90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Faith » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 am

A few pics from today:

Faith

Postby SuzyBatt » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:42 am

Nice pics Faith. Looks like it was a beautiful day in your part of the world. Was it cold?

SW, what's up with your foot??
Nice flower, by the way... Some people have lovely taste.

I took about a gazillion pics today, to the point that my battery is dead now so I can't upload them. Yesterday I went to the city and was so disappointed because I forgot my camera. So today I made up for it, though I wasn't much in the downtown. Took most of my pictures from the car, including some while driving. :oops: They look remarkably like Google StreetView.

Anyway, I'll post a few here when I get a chance. And maybe some in the City Guide thread. A picture is worth a thousand words.

To stay on topic :wink: here are a few shots from three years ago when we saw a catterpilar through its metamorphisis to monarch (which I accidentaly posted in the wrong order). It was an incredible experience and I love that we got some great pics to remember it by. Her name is Lily.
Attachments
DSC03235.jpg
DSC03235.jpg (175.69 KiB) Viewed 596 times
DSC03228.jpg
DSC03228.jpg (120.67 KiB) Viewed 596 times
DSC03217.jpg
DSC03217.jpg (95.83 KiB) Viewed 595 times
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby Faith » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:32 am

Cold? No, it was in the 70s today. Nice day to be outside. Your butterfly pics are lovely. :D
Faith

Postby LauraK » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:54 am

Wow. Love the butterfly shots, especially the one where she's near to hatching!

Faith, great pics! Loved seeing where you'd been to. :D

I went with Mom and met some friends in Ann Arbor tonight for a Robert McCammon reading/book-signing! :D It was pretty awesome. he read for 32 minutes from his newest, Mr. Slaughter, and it sounds great. It's 3rd in a series that I now want to read. I'd read some of his older books and they're favorites: Swan Song, Boy's Life, Gone South, Mine, They Thirst, Wolf's Hour....I took my 1st ed of Boy's Life for him to sign. He was down to earth and very nice.

Here are a couple of pics:

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:54 am

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH. I had a whole humongus post written out and I just lost it. :x :x :x So here's the abridged version.

SW - my mom used to have a feral cat colony near her house. She fed them and became quite friendly with some of them. The problem was they kept having kittens and the colony kept getting larger. She moved before it was resolved so I don't know what ended up happening to them. I can't believe I have typed out that pointless story TWICE now, lol. Sorry. ;) Cool pics though.

Faith, I am so jealous of you and your beaches and palm trees. Thank you for posting those so I could take a little imaginary vacation, lol.

Suzy those pictures are amazing. So clear and bright and beautiful.

Well I finally got to leave the house today, for an hour to go to the grocery store. Oh frabjous day. :lol: My daughter came with me. Remember how she didn't want to have her picture taken yesterday? She's on kind of an anti-picture thing right now, in contrast to her usual hammy self. Anyway I took a sneaky picture of her in the rear view mirror. Suzy you know how you said you try not to use the flash? I do too - I hate the flash in fact and pretty much avoid it if possible. Well for some reason I accidentally turned the flash on (because I was fiddling with the camera while driving, probably ;)) and it went off but fortunately my finger was covering it so I got this groovy effect, lol.

She was mad when I showed her the picture but she got over it and then decided taking pictures of us in the mirror might be kind of fun. ;) Unfortunately they all came out blurry but here is one anyway.

Then we went to the cheap aquarium, I mean the seafood counter. :lol:

mockingbird

PreviousNext

Return to General