It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:05 am

Tongan Ninja

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: Tongan Ninja

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 am

and of course Taika tells Loren the movie would have been better if we'd all seen her boobies. :lol:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:44 am

Wait, is this Tongan Ninja? :puzzled:

So I have a NetFlix gift certificate from my daughter, and I wanted to get TN since I've heard all about it, but haven't seen it yet. If I order it through the online system, I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to see the commentary, since it's a feed to my TV or PC, right? I wonder if I can get the DVD in hand and read the notes from WTFers. :hrm:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:29 am

My guess is that if you watch it online you won't be able to see the extras.

Netflix has a distribution centers all over the county. Your local one will be the address on your return envelope. Unless you are in the same shipping region as some other WTFers you aren't going to get a DVD they have viewed and even if you did Netflix changes the envelopes so you wouldn't see anything written on them.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:17 am

Yeah, I had that feeling. Looks like I'll have to get the real dvd instead of ordering it online.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Nancy wrote:Wait, is this Tongan Ninja? :puzzled:

Nancy, we're trying to talk boobies, here. More specifically, Jemaine's attitude towards them. I know you've got your mod obligations but this is important stuff. I do understand your point though so if you think this topic should have its own thread, I'm on board. :thumb: ;) :lol:

OK now that I'm done being a smartass (for now) I actually DO want to talk about Tongan Ninja because I finally saw the commentary! That was so funny but I think they needed a woman in there to balance out all the testosterone, lol. Jemaine did his part to try to keep it all civilized but it was an uphill battle. ;) I shudder to think what directions the commentary would have taken if he hadn't been there. :lol: David Fane was such an amusing jerk, hee hee. "How do you get your eyes to look so sensuous?" DF that is a question for the ages, lol. Or, it's just due to the vaseline. :lol:

"Dave you need to understand what exposition is!!" :lol: He's such an adorable nerd sometimes. :heart: I also loved it when DF was like, "If you can hit a bloke, you can hit a b****," and Jemaine gives this exasperated sigh. :purple: "I am really offended by this commentary." :lol:

So now I have some burning unanswered questions. 1) What is the story about someone hooking up with the extra? and 2) what about the naked jogging incident?????? Seriously! I need more information.

Oh! And I almost forgot to mention the hilarity of the story about someone calling the cops regarding the possible kidnapping of Linda Tseng by ninjas! :purple: That was AWESOME.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

mockingbird wrote:
Nancy wrote:Wait, is this Tongan Ninja? :puzzled:

Nancy, we're trying to talk boobies, here. More specifically, Jemaine's attitude towards them. I know you've got your mod obligations but this is important stuff. I do understand your point though so if you think this topic should have its own thread, I'm on board. :thumb: ;) :lol:
I think J's attitude towards boobies would be the standard male attitude, he likes them and since I've got a pair this makes me very happy. IIRC he also likes bums, thighs,penises and vaginas. I have most of those things too! :thumb:
mockingbird wrote:OK now that I'm done being a smartass (for now) I actually DO want to talk about Tongan Ninja because I finally saw the commentary!
I'm pretty sure you listened to the commentary not saw it. If you saw it please let us know where. (Okay now I'm done being a smart ass :P - for now :yawinkle: )

mockingbird wrote:That was so funny but I think they needed a woman in there to balance out all the testosterone, lol.
You call that testosterone? It was pretty weak. In fact I assumed Dave was gay. Damn him. I can still hear him saying "i see your undies!!"

I've gotta listen to this commentary again. I remember there were some really good one liners in there like "that's not the sound of my testicles."
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Subject: Tongan Ninja

SheWolf wrote:
mockingbird wrote:
Nancy wrote:

I think J's attitude towards boobies would be the standard male attitude, he likes them and since I've got a pair this makes me very happy. IIRC he also likes bums, thighs,penises and vaginas.

Not to mention Suga-lumps. yeah baby!
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:42 pm

My favorite qoutes

DF "If you can hit a bloke, you can hit a b****."
JC *sigh*
RK "That's your knee? I thought it was your penis."
RK "Awww, Look at that smile!"
JC "I was embarrased, you can sorta tell" referring to being rubbed by laydeez in bikinis :D
JC "Dave, we've all got a bit of gayness."
JC "There's many colors of the homo rainbow"
RK "Why does gayness rhyme with anus?"
JC "Why does shove rhyme with love?"

:roll2:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Amanda » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 pm

..oh Jemaine.. :roll2:

:comehere:

I difinitely need to listen to this commentary!
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda

Postby Faith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:54 pm

Me too.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby mockingbird » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 am

Yes, you must! :nod: For commentary, it was very entertaining. ;)

CJ yes Jemaine's exasperated sigh after David's "you can hit a b****" comment was so great. :purple: This was after many, many un-PC comments by DF that Jemaine had gently rebuked him for, lol. Tsk. Some people. :hrmpf: :lol:

I really really want to hear about the naked jogging incident.

SW - ha! Yeah I may have overstated it, I guess I meant by Conchords standards. I can't really explain it. It wasn't filthy or anything or even particularly coarse, it just had this certain maleness to it. They did talk about gays a lot (hee hee) but that was mostly because of DF's homophobic comments, which I assume were at least mostly tongue in cheek. Though he did say he thought men's thighs were prettier than women's. Several times, in fact. :hrm: :lol: I'm thinking about stuff like, when Raybon's phone rang and everyone started making fun of his gay ringtone, lol. There was something kind of locker room-y about it, to me.

I think one of my favorite comments is the "David you have to understand what exposition is!" comment, coming after poor Jemaine had explained twice already what it is, lol! The whole thing is just really funny.

edit - "You've got some pretty backwards ideas about ninjas." :purple: :heart:
Last edited by mockingbird on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 am

SheWolf wrote:I'm pretty sure you listened to the commentary not saw it. If you saw it please let us know where. (Okay now I'm done being a smart ass :P - for now :yawinkle: )

I saw it in my mind. :lol: Smartass. ;)
mockingbird

Postby kipples » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Just got this email today :D :D :D
Oh please let it have the commentary! :pray:
I only joined up so I could watch this one movie!
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (35.2 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
kipples

Postby Faith » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm

It does have the commentary. I just heard it yesterday. :D
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:42 pm

The commentary is by far my favorite part...

"DAVE! You NEVER know what exposition is!"

:lol:
closet jemainiac
---

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement