Old family pics

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, mohumbhai mania, Venus

Re: Old family pics

Postby biscuit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 am

Laura: THere are only 16 months between me and my brother, which makes us so-called pseudo twins :nod: We were always great friends, and still are :) - That pair of shorts was part of my football kit :D - I guess the clothes were hand made, but they could've been store bought too. - In the wedding pic he's holding his gloves and top hat. Very smart 8)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby mockingbird » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 am

What an adorable bunch we all were. :lol: Biscuit I would have loved your dress too, in fact I probably would have asked if I could borrow it. ;) I had a dress that looked kind of like that except it was shorter and I called it my "Heidi dress", lol. I wore it until it was far too small for me and I was forced to retire it. :(

Here is an extremely goofy picture taken of me right before I turned 2. Apparently my father's mom had me for the day and she came back and said she'd had my portrait made at Sears. My mom says if she knew that was going to happen she would have washed my hair, lol.

This is Christmas, I'd guess I'm 3 or so. That's my grandfather in the chair.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Faith » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:33 am

Cute photos, ladies. :D

This is me at my 5th birthday party. I loved that Barbie cake. My mom made it for me.

First day of kindergarten.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby biscuit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 am

Cute :D

Mock: Do you colour your hair or did it just grow darker when you got older?

Faith: I would have known that was you in the first pic! You look very much 'like yourself' as my kids would say :lol:

I love how almost all of us had these great, thick fringes :lol:
biscuit

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Great photos everyone! Just last week or so my brother broke out a bunch of old photos and started scanning and posting on fb.....

Here are my favs so far
my momma :D ..I think she's in her early 20s here...so early 60s

and my dad...somewhere between '57 and '60. Im not feeling that pencil mustache, but I always did like the gap :D

Here again in the late 50s with his marine buddies

This is my mom and us kids...I think its around 1980...Im the one that's standing on the bumper :D

Ive got a really nice one of my mom that I need to scan, as well as a cute baby CJ pic...more to come once my brother gets more online.
Last edited by closet jemainiac on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Faith » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm

I think you look like your mom, cj. :)

I found a baby pic. This is me and my sister.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby kipples » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Are you the baby?
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby mockingbird » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:17 pm

biscuit wrote:Mock: Do you colour your hair or did it just grow darker when you got older?

It just got darker as I got older. Isn't that funny? It started darkening up when I was a teenager and by the time I was 18 it was pretty much black. :dunno:

CJ you do look a lot like your mom. :nod:
mockingbird

Postby Emafer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:19 pm

CJ- When I saw that pic of you mom I thought how much you look like her. But then I saw the pic of your pops and you look a lot like him too! Everyone who knows my mom thinks that I look just like her. Until they meet my dad. I really look just like my dad's side. However, I have a lot of my mom's mannerisms and have been told that I talk just like her. I think that also has to do with growing up in the same town that she did.
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:21 pm

I always thought I had my mom's eyes and cheeks...and I have my dad's nose and lips! lol...And I did have the gap too, until braces fixed it anyway. :D
closet jemainiac
---

Postby SheWolf » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 pm

I think ceej looks like a lovely mix of mama & papa. :)

It's interesting how, with the exception of very dark hair, hair color seems to change a lot in kids. My hair went from white blonde, to light red, back to blonde but a yellowier version, then a redder carrot top kind of red, then a light brownish reddish blonde then a medium reddish blonde. :rolleyes:

Mock, I thought your hair was like a medium brown, not black.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby kipples » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 pm

CJ: I'm loving the wide collar and jacket on the boy. I'm guessing he's your brother but don't want to assume.

My pics are finally behaving
Attachments
phpbLuelIPM.jpg
This is my paternal grandmother. Haven't a clue what's going on but it looks very funny!
phpbLuelIPM.jpg (44.76 KiB) Viewed 600 times
phpJymmLUPM.jpg
This is my dad about the early 1960s so he would be in his late teens here. He was in the navy from the age of 14 and fought with the Australian navy in the Vietnam war.
phpJymmLUPM.jpg (106.08 KiB) Viewed 599 times
phpJ7Vi4lPM.jpg
These are my paternal grandmothers grandparents and the girl with the lovely smile would be my great aunt Julia.
phpJ7Vi4lPM.jpg (159.29 KiB) Viewed 599 times
kipples

Postby biscuit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 pm

CJ: You do look like both your parents, but there is something in the over all look of that photo of your Mum and your current avatar that makes you very alike :nod:

Mock: Same thing happened to both my brothers, and my husband; they were all blonde as kids and now they all have various shades of brown hair. My youngest brother went from platinum blonde to almost black. Christiania was light blonde as a toddler, and at 10 she is dark blonde. I can see Nic's hair getting darker too, so I suspect they will both end up with dark hair when they grow up.

I've always had more or less the same shade of dark brown, and I guess that's part of why my kids, and you guys, tell me I haven't changed much since I was little :lol:

edit: Love your pics, Kipples! Especially the warm and genuine smile on your great aunt's face. You don't often see proper smiles in photos that old:)
biscuit

Postby mockingbird » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 pm

SheWolf wrote:Mock, I thought your hair was like a medium brown, not black.

It's a dark brown, nearly black but not quite. And these days it's getting strands of gray in it. :roll: They stand out like beacons on the dark background, lol. Someone asked me the other day if I color my hair, and I had to chuckle because if I was coloring my hair I'd be doing a pretty poor job of it, lol. ;)
mockingbird

Postby kipples » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 pm

biscuit: Exactly what I thought when I saw it. That pic must be at least mid-ish 1800's. It's nice to think that she felt so comfortable around her father that she would smile like that

Here's a few more I must share
Attachments
phpkI1dizPM.jpg
This is my mum after winning an Irish dancing award. She was 12 when JFK visited Galway and was one of a few kids who got to dance in front of him.
phpkI1dizPM.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 593 times
phpnAnKqcPM.jpg
This is my dad and his family. Bit of a teddy boy look going on there
phpnAnKqcPM.jpg (81.33 KiB) Viewed 593 times
sc000361ba.jpg
That's my mum in the pram with her brothers and sister around her and their grandmother in the glasses. Don't know who the other lady is. This is taken outside their house which my uncle Tommy (left) still lives in today.
Love my uncle Eamon's none-too-pleased expression!
sc000361ba.jpg (116.29 KiB) Viewed 592 times
kipples

PreviousNext

Return to General