It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:51 am

Old family pics

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: Old family pics

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Kipples, yes that's my brother...I love that jacket too! :D

Here's one of baby CJ
and another of my mum...The resemblence is even more apparent in this one, I think.
closet jemainiac
---

Postby LauraK » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 pm

mock, what a cutie pie you were....

You, too, Faith! A Barbie cake. :) Cool of your Mom to make you that!

CJ, you Mom and Dad look like movie stars! I agree, you're a perfect blend of both of them.

kipples, the one of your Gramma is making me laugh every time i look at it! "Don't take that pic of me now!" :lol: "Don't get the bottle in the frame!" :D I wish I knew what she was saying....yelling, lol!

Lots of nice smiles in your pics....except the one with Gr Gramma and Gr Uncle giving the stink-eye! :thumb: That's great.

I'm scanning some pics in....no idea how long it'll take as I'm doing other things as well.....LOVE looking at everyone's pics!!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 pm

LauraK wrote:CJ, you Mom and Dad look like movie stars!

Im told my mom won a beauty contest or 2 in her day :D

And my dad was a laydeez man....to a fault :(
closet jemainiac
---

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:39 am

biscuit wrote:I've always had more or less the same shade of dark brown, and I guess that's part of why my kids, and you guys, tell me I haven't changed much since I was little :lol:
Your face looks the same too though. Like in the photo when you were 12 I think you look pretty much exactly like you look now. Dumb question - I've only known one Norwegian family and they were what I consider Scandanavian looking - light blonde hair, blue eyes, tannish skin - are brunettes more of a rarity in Norway or am I just stereotyping Scandanavians? :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby biscuit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:49 am

In my case the Italian genes are to blame, or thank, for my complexion and colours, but brunettes are not a rarity as such. A lot of Norwegians are blonde as kids and their hair turns darker as they grow up. There are loads of blondes here for sure, but not all of them are naturals :wink:

I have read somewhere that while men in other countries prefer blondes, men in Scandinavia do not favour them as much simply because it is so common here.

I stereotype Swedes, because I think they look just like your idea of Scandinavians in general. :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 am

biscuit wrote:I stereotype Swedes, because I think they look just like your idea of Scandinavians in general. :lol:
I hesitate to generalize or stereotype because I remember when I spent time in the UK a handful of people told me that I didn't "look American" - whatever that means. America is the melting pot so it's odd to me that people would have an idea of what one looked like. But I read that Scandanavia is one of the most homogeneous areas in the world so it makes sense that people would look at least a little bit more alike than Americans. :lol: I know what you mean about the Swedes. Good god, are they all beautiful freaks or what? Once when I was in London crapload of Swedish students took over the town and everywhere I went they stood out for being so tall & lean & so damned blonde, perfect and glowy.
Last edited by SheWolf on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:09 am

Ok, I'm obviously biased but I think my Dad was adorable! This was probably 1941:

No idea what make/model on the car:

Daddy and Grampa: (I can tell this had been carried in Grampa's wallet.)

Paternal Gramma when she was a girl. She's in the stripey sweater: She was born in 1921 so I'd guess this was '27 or so...in Georgia.

Gramma and her kin. She's seated 3rd from right in top pic, and on the right bottom pic. Her mother was in the dark dress with white flowers. All I know is the rest were brothers and sisters and their kids.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 am

This was during Grampa's time in the service:

Ok, here's another of Grampa.

This is his brother, my Great-Uncle Bobby. He's still alive and living in Georgia, his daughter Barbara taking care of him. He was the opposite of Grampa, very kind and sweet. Their mother didn't dote on him or spoil him rotten like she did Grampa. I hear she pretty much ignored him.

Bobby's daughter Barbara...no idea the year. Was this a school uniform, you think? Scandalously short!

Paternal Great-Grampa...Barney Pierce.

Here's my gorgeous maternal Gramma, Dorothy: Don't know the year...I'll have to ask Mom tomorrow when they're here! :)
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 am

Just a small break in the old pics.....here's jacob graduating from World of Fours.....and seeing Santa. Notice the clenched fists? I have loads of pics where he's doing it...he always has. Apparently, it's an Aspie thing. (Not exclusively but still....just thought I'd throw it out there.)

And here I am after having done my hair to resemble Amy's in Fright Night...after Jerry Dandridge (sexy!!) has glamoured her and danced her all over that club's floor. (Watch that scene.....her hair gets progressively bigger and more styled, lol!)
I was rocking the lady-mullet. I thought I was all that, lol...yet I still thought I was fat. If only I could be that fat again!
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 am

Ok, last ones for now. These are from my Dad was he was stationed in Germany. They took furlough to England and France, I guess!

Pics for Mom...:heart: The second one says "Taken on the Tower."

He must mean here: "London Tower Bridge." (Bottom pic- top one says "Arch of Triumph."

Trafalgar Square...should be quite familiar to quite a few of you WTFer's....especially you ukers! :D

This one he wrote: "Took this to show you how friendly the pigeons are." Until I scanned this pic, I never realized the pigeons were on their heads! :lol:

These are in Ider-Oberstein, Germany. The church is built into the rocks.

Maybe someone can help me. I have no idea where this was taken: He wrote that it was a "school sports playground. Mostly tennis courts and outdoor track."

This thought was cool. It was a ticket:
Front:

Back:
8)
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Faith » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 am

kipples wrote:Are you the baby?

Yes, I am the baby.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby kipples » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 am

Laurak: the pic of your dad as a lil' boy is sooo cute! You might be biased but it's agreeably biased. Apparently my grandparents were hipsters of their time in Dublin city. Looks like they were having a night cap or three before heading home to face the hangover :yawinkle:
CJ: Those are some seriously brown eyes in that pic of you. Very pretty dress as well :)
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:00 am

Im pretty sure my mom or my aunt made that dress for me! :D
closet jemainiac
---

Postby Emafer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 am

Laura, your cousin's short skirt is shocking! However, that looks like a majorette uniform to me. Majorettes had short skirts so their batons wouldn't get caught in them. Was Barbara perhaps a twirler???
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby mockingbird » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:43 am

Laura that pic of the dog is awesome. :thumb:

LauraK wrote:He was the opposite of Grampa, very kind and sweet.

Hee hee! Mean sour Grampa. :lol: ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

PreviousNext

Return to General