Bretoure: The Fashion Flights of Bret McKenzie

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Bretoure: The Fashion Flights of Bret McKenzie

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Discuss how Bret accessorizes or moisturizes here.

ETA: now with 100% more illustration!

batman.jpg
batman.jpg (47.6 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Bretoure: The Fashion Flights of Bret McKenzie

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:51 pm

I am so completely enchanted by the way he wore some of his own clothing on the HBO series. I wonder if there is more than one stripey jersey. :hrm:

Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm sure somewhere on this forum is a post revealing the monumental date of the first appearance of The Stripey Jersey. It is surely over 5 years old anyway, and has been worn numerous times. C'mon Bret is a man, so how can it still appear to be in such pristine condition? There has to be more than one. I have a few favorites that are perhaps as old and beloved, and I seem to get those annoying little pills all over. :x

I have very few criticisms of Bret's wardrobe besides the obvious need for him to buy his jeans a size or two smaller. :nod: Just let me say this, please don't carry your wallet in your front pants pocket, sir. It completely interupts the long, lean line of your gorgeous body. I shall resist the urge to post photographic evidence. I will though...with very little encouragement. :lol:

Now a little flight of fancy...I was always a fan of this shirt....

mainly because it is one of many found to be worn both on the show and in real life, thereby making it one of Bret's faves... and also mainly because of this...

Image :horny:

and after seeing him wear a new version...

I got a bit more curious about the Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players and after a bit of googling, I found myself giggling over this video....(public execution can be so degrading :shock: :lol: ). What a great concept, and an adorable family. According to Wiki, they are an "indie-vaudeville conceptual art-rock pop band". Their trademark is the slideshow itself: slides collected from "estate sales, garage sales, thrift stores, etc." are constantly shown in order to "turn the lives of annonymous [sic] strangers into pop-rock musical expos[é]s based on the contents of these slide collections".

Just how great was that? :purple: And yes the damn song is stuck in my head too, but it wasn't it totally worth it? :wink: I wonder if Bret has seen them perform or if the shirts were given to him and he just liked them? :hrm:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Whambi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 am

nonchalant obsession wrote: I wonder if there is more than one stripey jersey. :hrm:

There has to be multiples....or he hand washes that in Woolite meticulously or dry cleans it for the black to remain as bold and dark as it is

nonchalant obsession wrote: Just let me say this, please don't carry your wallet in your front pants pocket, sir. It completely interupts the long, lean line of your gorgeous body. I shall resist the urge to post photographic evidence. I will though...with very little encouragement. :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up, Nonch. I honestly always thought that he carried an inhaler in his front pocket, which I noticed while watching his bendy poses from various Sugalumps videos.....not that there is anything wrong with that :hrmpf:

Lastly, he needs to wear more shorts, he's got great legs!
[Image
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!
Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kipples » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:12 am

Bret and his plaid(?) shirt.

And that marks my 100th post :woohoo:
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:51 am

Congrats on 100, kipples! :clap:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby kipples » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:13 am

Thanks LauraK! And many mooore :lol:

More plaid shirt pics

"On a mountain trip, to Old Japan, nineteen fifty nine"! Quite catchy :lalala: :D
kipples

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:46 am

Hahahaha! Are you the one who posted the link to their stuff? Or was in nonch? It sent me there and man oh man....trippy!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby kipples » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:49 pm

The more I listen to it the more I'm liking it! Anyone else thing the singer bares a striking resemblence to Rick Morranis in the first Ghostbusters? :hrm:
kipples

Postby mockingbird » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:47 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Just let me say this, please don't carry your wallet in your front pants pocket, sir. It completely interupts the long, lean line of your gorgeous body. I shall resist the urge to post photographic evidence. I will though...with very little encouragement. :lol:

Consider this a little bit of encouragement. ;)

Re: the Trachtenbergs... I know them from Jack's Big Music Show, they did a video for it. (It's a kid's show.) It's a really cute song, but the little trilling thing the guy does with his voice kind of annoys me.

The little girl looks older in this one. I wonder how they're related, is she their daughter?
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Yes. It's the whole family.

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mockingbird » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm

OK so now I've spent the last 15 minutes watching the Trachtenburgs on YouTube, lol. Can I tell you guys I need to do my school work on a computer that doesn't have internet because I have the will power of... um... someone without will power. :roll:

This song reminds me SO much of my friend Robert's band, and I just watched a little interview with the guy and I swear, the way he talks is just like Robert too. I think they may have been separated at birth. :hrm: ;) And, my husband has that same guitar. :shock: It's getting spooky, lol.

Also, if anyone is interested in this kind of thing, there is a short clip of the little girl playing a cover of Effervescing Elephants by Syd Barrett, on the ukulele. :thumb: (It's not great but it is interesting, lol.) Also a cover of Bike, which I would say the same thing about.

OK, sorry, back to Bret.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:14 pm

I like Bret in suits:
Attachments
purplebret.jpg
purplebret.jpg (45.11 KiB) Viewed 5985 times

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 am

He has just the sort of physique that I adore in a suit. I think his scruffy face, disheveled hair, bold choices and casual shoes keep the look from being stuffy and boring. Bret has worn so many dashing suits. *drools excessively*

Speaking of bulges. (weren't we speaking of bulges?) :whistle:

mockingbird wrote:Consider this a little bit of encouragement. :wink:

:lol:

:tsk: No Bret, do not carry your big fat wallet in your front pants pocket!
How about a nice money clip or a sexy, practical man bag like Jemaine carries. :nod:

Oh, kipples. Nice display of the classic red plaid. :clap: Not a McKenzie tartan to be sure, but it suits him. Maybe it's the McClegnie clan colors?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Red » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 am

Honestly, I've never noticed the wallet in his front pocket until this montage of examples, Nonch. Either my eye is always drawn somewhere else or I just haven't studied them as extensively has some (you). :P
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Next

Return to Bret McKenzie