It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:16 pm

20 Things

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Re: 20 Things

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 pm

deliriumtree wrote:Bret is on a pedestal so high that I wouldn't dare. He's magical!! How dare you people! (it's okay really, I don't judge you for it. But, on some level it seems blasphemous to me.)

:roll2:
"He's magical!" I love it!
closet jemainiac
---

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 pm

He is magical! I could actually talk to him. Thats magical to me! :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 am

Guess I'll jump on this bandwagon :)

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....My amazing and not-bad-looking PoliSci professor referred to them one time in class. A few weeks later I had to be bed-ridden for a week from my tonsillectomy and I wanted something to do. I figured I'd watch the show so I could flir...I mean discuss them in more depth with him, since he was apparently a big fan. I started with S1, ep1 and was totally taken by the time it got to the end of "Most Beautiful Girl" and I've never been the same since :)

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression? Jemaine. Easily. "My type" is always a man with short, dark hair; thick, black rimmed glasses (the closer resembling Buddy Holly's, the better); and someone who can make me laugh. Jemaine is all three, I didn't stand a chance :lol:

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why :) I went through a brief confusing biconchordian stage for a month or so, right around the time Diagnosis:Death came out. However I'm still strongly a Jemaniac with a deep appreciation for Bret :)

4) Chops or no chops. No chops. Sorry Bret

5) Beard or no beard. Beard for Bret, stubble for Jemaine

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason? If You're Into It, but it changes sometimes with my mood. When I first heard "If you're into it", I laughed until I cried. Even now, it's still the one that can always make me laugh

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share :) It's my background on my desktop and my avatar...Image Note: the dark hair and very Buddy Holly-esque glasses...how can I resist that!?

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form? Sure, I guess. I made a square each for the guys' respective quilts given to them on the 2009 tour. And I've sent Jemaine a myspace message once or twice (to no reply, naturally). But my Mel-ness has greatly diminished over time. Which is a relief because I was getting worried about myself for awhile :lol:

9) We adore you, but we really wish you........... would tour the US again soon :pray:

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear? My first inclination is to say underwear, but I know that the reference to footwear is also valid

11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else. I've really enjoyed this one lately: Dear Peter Jackson, it's Bret and Jemaine here, from next door. We heard you were doing the movie with the wizard and the oompa loompas. We did a theme song for it. Put it in your movie" from the BBC Radio Show (Part One)

12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one) It's not merch, per se, but it's my prized piece of Conchords ANYTHING: Image Man. That was a night :D

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss. I'd have to take a look (slash, steal) their respective collections... :hrm:

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most? Lots of meet and greet pics, and an answer to the following questions: WHO IS THE DJz GIRLFRIEND!? And also, "corn vs call" the final verdict! Also, I'd like to know if/when they'll be back in the US, but they might not even know so I'm not so hopeful about that...

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least? Heckling or Freebird requests. It's so tired, rude, and awkward :roll:

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both. Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra. It has given me a new hobby, and made me a lot of new friends (especially here :hug:)

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook? Anything for Jemaine, and Mac n cheese for Bret :lol:. Actually I'd probably make tacos. Who doesn't love tacos!? Also, lots and lots of beer :whistle: :halo: :snakeman:

18) Best Conchord moment ever. There are way too many to name, but probably that first moment in Detroit when the lights dimmed and I could see their shadows walking out on stage. My heart was literally pounding and the energy was electric.

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party). I can honestly answer this as "no" :lol:

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public. Again, honest answer is "no"
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:39 am

Kelly, I love that pic of you two sooo much! :heart:

Tell us again how his scruff felt on your cheek... (what? Who? CJ=MEL???!! How Dare you!)

:lol:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most? Lots of meet and greet pics, and an answer to the following questions: WHO IS THE DJz GIRLFRIEND!? And also, "corn vs call" the final verdict! Also, I'd like to know if/when they'll be back in the US, but they might not even know so I'm not so hopeful about that...
Ooh maybe Nonch would like to ask Bret about the corn v call thing.
kellysouthpaw wrote:18) Best Conchord moment ever. There are way too many to name, but probably that first moment in Detroit when the lights dimmed and I could see their shadows walking out on stage. My heart was literally pounding and the energy was electric.
Yeah I felt that way too when the lights were down and the robot shadows first hit the stage. I may have even squealed a little but don't tell anyone. :yawinkle:
Last edited by SheWolf on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:41 am

closet jemainiac wrote: "He's magical!" I love it!
That makes me think of the leprechaun on the Lucky Charms box.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:44 am

SheWolf wrote: I may have even squealed a little but don't tell anyone. :yawinkle:

I squealed with my husband sitting right next to me. :worry:

Brett---> :roll:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby LauraK » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:07 am

Same here, guys! CJ, that's the same face Tom was making, along with added chuckle and head-shaking. :lol: Plus I was smacking his leg in excitement....

SW....now I've got "Flight of the Conchords.....they're magically delicious!" in my head. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Red » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 am

Bret as a leprechaun is a wonderful mental image and just in time for St. Patrick's Day! :lol:
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby onlyalways » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 am

Yay! I started this yesterday and finished it today! :lol:

1) First time you stumbled into the Conchords? Not literally :p Was it the TV show, on the radio, a pic somewhere....

Satellite radio was playing Jenny, and thank goodness I was in the passenger seat because I was dying the whole time.

2) Who did you think was hotter based on that first impression?

I first saw them performing on youtube videos, I think I found them both equally attractive. I think most of my initial attention was focused on the sheer genius of them.

3) Has this opinion now changed? If so, divulge why :)

Oh yes, haha. Love 'em both, but I'm a Jemaine fan. :D

4) Chops or no chops.

Chops. But I accept all forms of facial hair.

5) Beard or no beard.

It's all so good, its hard to choose. But I love beards in general. :heart:

6) Favourite Conchords song to date? Any particular reason?

If you're into it. Because to me its the perfect song.

7) Your current favourite pic of Jemaine or Bret. Please post and share :)

Its been my favorite for quite a while. :)

8 ) Do you resemble Mel in any way shape or form?

Perhaps I mentally resemble her.

9) We adore you, but we really wish you...........

Gave a little more notice when it come to your tours. :wink:

10) Thongs. Underwear or footwear?

Probably footwear, unless I have some singles on me.

11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.

Man, I have no clue. I LOVE quoting the first dream scene Bret has with Jembowie. I have that thing memorized.

12) Your most prized piece of Conchords merch? (share a pic if you have one)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

13) Who has more pics of Jemaine - SheWolf or Mockingbird. Discuss.

Can Bret be an option?

14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most?

Gorgeous posters and Nigel. (Since we know Bret and Jemaine are guaranteed to be there. :P )

15) Following on from #14, what do you want to see least?

Heckling. Or mean people to be more vague.

16) What's your favourite other project outside of the Conchords. Either Bret or Jemaine or both.

Love the Video Kid album. I listened to it all the time last year. For Jemaine it was Gentlemen Broncos.

17) Dinner with the Conchords. What would you cook?

If I can get away with ordering out and making it look like I cooked- I'd go with that.

18) Best Conchord moment ever.

UH, TOUGH MUCH. First thing that came to mind was when Jemaine remembered my name at Fantastic Fest. But a more Conchord moment would be hearing Jenny live at their Vegas show, since it was the first song I ever heard.

19) Have you ever dressed as a Conchord or anything related to them for Halloween (or other party).

I've worn a bandanna before, does that count as dressing as Dave??

OH! For the Vegas show I wore a knock-off of the Season 2 Bret socks with my rolled-up jeans. (That probably still doesn't count.)

20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.

Why?! What have you heard??
onlyalways
Keeping it funky

Postby LauraK » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:49 am

Loved your answer to #14, onlyalways. :) :thumb:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 am

closet jemainiac wrote:Kelly, I love that pic of you two sooo much! :heart:

Tell us again how his scruff felt on your cheek... (what? Who? CJ=MEL???!! How Dare you!)

It felt scruffy :biggrin: and amazing. I'm pretty sure it has healing powers.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:32 am

SheWolf wrote: 20) Have you ever attempted to spin a wheelbarrow or worn a white tracksuit with red stripes while out in public.

Is this some Bret thing?

Yeah, the tracksuit is Video Kid. :heart:

I'm not bidding on this, I swear. Link

I know you remember the wheelbarrow ad, but for those of you that haven't seen it. :D

Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:37 am

SheWolf wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:14) On the upcoming European tour what are you hoping to see most? Lots of meet and greet pics, and an answer to the following questions: WHO IS THE DJz GIRLFRIEND!? And also, "corn vs call" the final verdict! Also, I'd like to know if/when they'll be back in the US, but they might not even know so I'm not so hopeful about that...
Ooh maybe Nonch would like to ask Bret about the corn v call thing.

:hrm: Good idea, but I'm not sure if she'd report it to us if it was "call" *suspicious eyes in nonch's direction*

I kid, I kid. But I WOULD need a witnesses signed statement corroborating it if it's "corn" :lol: :roll2:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby mockingbird » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:38 am

onlyalways wrote:First thing that came to mind was when Jemaine remembered my name at Fantastic Fest.

That's so awesome. Where did he remember you from?
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine