What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
Sherry
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:46 pm 
Offline
Professional Blonde

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:57 am
Posts: 4463
Really, Taika was lovely to look at. Very agreeable eye candy. And the legs :shock: The socks, the shorts, the tattoo :thud:

But I didn't have the hots for any of them like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
biscuit
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:49 pm 
Offline
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: Downstairs at the Pig and Whistle
Sherry: I won't disagree with you about Taika :wink: but as the rest of us probably understood the question to be about the Conchords and not the Humourbeasts....

Which of the two guys were you more drawn to at first sight ?

_________________
Image
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
SheWolf
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 pm 
Offline
Boom King!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 7354
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator
Sherry wrote:
Really, Taika was lovely to look at.
He is. It's the eyes. Damn those eyes of his, sometimes they make me forget about Jemaine....but then I remember. :D

_________________
90% evil
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
closet jemainiac
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:29 pm 
Offline
---

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:23 am
Posts: 2113
He is lovely to look at, but then he opens his mouth sometimes and ruins it for me. :lol:
I dont really like that arrogant-ness he puts on sometimes (or is that naturally him?)


Top
 Profile  
 
SheWolf
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 pm 
Offline
Boom King!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 7354
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator
closet jemainiac wrote:
He is lovely to look at, but then he opens his mouth sometimes and ruins it for me. :lol:
I dont really like that arrogant-ness he puts on sometimes (or is that naturally him?)
We must be sharing a brain today. There is an arrogance to him sometimes that puts me off, don't know if it's affected or not. But I've also seen him be charming & somewhat vulnerable in interviews. He has a bit of slightly feminine body language going on too which I find strangely alluring. :worry:

_________________
90% evil
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
closet jemainiac
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:43 pm 
Offline
---

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:23 am
Posts: 2113
whot? feminine body language? :hrm:

like crossing his ligs?

Sharing a brain? If that's true, then I need it tomorrow in the afternoon...I gots class, so I needz to think good :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
vmh
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 am 
Offline
A tasty piece of pastry
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:21 pm
Posts: 3008
Location: Los Angeles
SheWolf wrote:
closet jemainiac wrote:
He is lovely to look at, but then he opens his mouth sometimes and ruins it for me. :lol:
I dont really like that arrogant-ness he puts on sometimes (or is that naturally him?)
We must be sharing a brain today. There is an arrogance to him sometimes that puts me off, don't know if it's affected or not. But I've also seen him be charming & somewhat vulnerable in interviews. He has a bit of slightly feminine body language going on too which I find strangely alluring. :worry:


Yes!

_________________
Image
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Aimee
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 pm 
Offline
Registered Rhymnecologist
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:31 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Mermaid party beneath the sea
Sherry wrote:
Really, Taika was lovely to look at. Very agreeable eye candy.

I've noticed that Taika's face seems very symmetrical to me which is supposedly a factor in perceived attractiveness.

SheWolf wrote:
He is lovely to look at, but then he opens his mouth sometimes and ruins it for me.
I dont really like that arrogant-ness he puts on sometimes (or is that naturally him?)


Yeah, attitude and personality is a big factor in attractiveness to me and that can be off putting.

closet jemainiac wrote:
He has a bit of slightly feminine body language going on


That's off putting to me too :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
SheWolf
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm 
Offline
Boom King!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 7354
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator
closet jemainiac wrote:
whot? feminine body language? :hrm:

like crossing his ligs?
I dunno. I'd have to look more closely to see exactly what he's doing that makes me say that but I think it's more the way he moves his body and bats his lashes like a flirty little girl. :lol:

You can have the brain tomorrow CJ. All this thinking is wearing me out. I need a break.

_________________
90% evil
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Peaches
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:56 am 
Offline
Getting lewd with the food
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:37 am
Posts: 2192
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Arrogance? I don't see any arrogance :oops:

_________________
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"


ImageImage
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
mockingbird
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 pm 
Offline
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:35 am
Posts: 5376
Yeah I never thought he was arrogant either. :dunno:


Top
 Profile  
 
nonchalant obsession
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:24 pm 
Offline
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 3:43 am
Posts: 7237
Sherry wrote:
11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.

"He manages. He just manages"
"You shot it?"


Sorry to interrupt this lively debate on the enigmatic Mr. Waititi, and I too am truly curious to see this tattoo with the ability to outshine both Conchords, but I've thought about it and I can't place the second quote, "You shot it?". I love the first one. Jemaine's timing and tone is beyond perfect in that bit describing Brian. :lol: Someone help me out.

_________________
Image..Image..Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Venus
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
She did indeed have the time of her life
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:07 pm
Posts: 6099
Location: London, England
nonchalant obsession wrote:
Sherry wrote:
11) Favourite Conchord quote? From TV/radio show or someplace else.

"He manages. He just manages"
"You shot it?"


Sorry to interrupt this lively debate on the enigmatic Mr. Waititi, and I too am truly curious to see this tattoo with the ability to outshine both Conchords, but I've thought about it and I can't place the second quote, "You shot it?". I love the first one. Jemaine's timing and tone is beyond perfect in that bit describing Brian. :lol: Someone help me out.


I think that's what Brian says in the radio series when Rosie tells him over the phone that she shot Trevor's bull back in Taranaki. :lol:

I love the first quote too. Both are great quotes! :D

_________________
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
SheWolf
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:29 pm 
Offline
Boom King!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 7354
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator
mockingbird wrote:
Yeah I never thought he was arrogant either. :dunno:
It's that and the fact that I didn't like the way he spoke to Loren sometimes in both EVS commentaries. I suspect he may be playing at being a bit of a prick. He's quite convincing. :lol:

_________________
90% evil
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
closet jemainiac
 Post subject: Re: 20 Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:34 pm 
Offline
---

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:23 am
Posts: 2113
SheWolf wrote:
mockingbird wrote:
Yeah I never thought he was arrogant either. :dunno:
It's that and the fact that I didn't like the way he spoke to Loren sometimes in both EVS commentaries. I suspect he may be playing at being a bit of a prick. He's quite convincing. :lol:

:nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group