It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 am

Dreaming of...

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: Dreaming of...

Postby rotunda » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 pm

I had a dream about one of the Wembley shows last night.
The stage was in the centre and looked like a boxing ring. The venue was small as well, there could only have been about a thousand people in there. Arj came out and had everyone hanging on his every word (none of which I can remember now, typical), then he asked some of the audience to come on stage and 'fix' the floor. Four people got up and started stitching with red rope into the floor from the corners while Arj just sat down and waited for them to finish. :?
rotunda
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:09 am

Whoa, rotunda! What a dream!!! You had me giggling. :rolls:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:21 pm

I had a dream last night that FOTC announced 10 more US dates in June and Detroit was one. I was happy cause it meant I could go to more than one show (and one that was close to home, but kinda :cross: because I already booked everything for California. Even though I'm totally psyched for this trip for all sorts of reasons.

Anyway, it was so convincing I checked the board in the middle of the night while I was half asleep just to make sure it wasn't real :lol:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Oh, I hope it was a prophetic dream, Kelly! :pray:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby vmh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't usually have FOTC related dreams but I did last night, probably because I can't stop thinking about last weekend. All the details are a bit fuzzy but I remember we were all on the road again, on our way to another show. After we got there and took our seats, I looked around and we were actually all in a TV studio and the show was being taped in front of a live audience. The guys were on stage with their friends and families. Jemaine was holding his son in his arms and we were all cheering. And they all took a bow. It was weird.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Yeah - not the same as mine - so at least we're not channeling dreams :lol: . Though mine did involve their children which is why I'm hesitant to post about it. But it was DEFINITELY weird. It was set at the HW Bowl. I think. I dunno. I just woke up going :wtf: for like...2 hours. :lol:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby LauraK » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Tell us Kelly- it's a dream, not something you're speculating about! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 pm

LauraK wrote:Tell us Kelly- it's a dream, not something you're speculating about! :)
Yet still, be sure to tread with caution... ;)

Vmh, I'd love for Nonch to do her dream analysis of your dream. Personally I take it as you dealing with the fact that their families are taking them away from the things you want from them - the show, the concerts. Yet still, you're happy for them. :)
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby kipples » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:25 pm

I had one of my first FotC related dreams last night.

I dreamt that I had made it to America to see them live and was walking through a busy area with other whatthefolkers! I don't remember anyone in particular but I knew they were from the forum.

The dream turned into a nightmare though as we all saw Jemaine through a crowd of people and we were all going towards him to say hello, when suddenly i lost the others and couldn't see Jemaine anymore. I actually told myself to calm down and I would eventually spot them but I know didn't, and then I guess I just woke up with that "was that a dream?" feeling.
Bitter sweet, but better than my dream the night before where i dreamt the world was going to end at 1pm! It felt disgustingly real as well.
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby rachel » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:45 pm

I had a dream after one of the Manchester shows were I got in a taxi and Jemaine was the driver. But he was a bad taxi driver and didn't know the way to anywhere so I had to get a map and direct him. I don't think I gave him a tip due to his lostness.
@_raychul
rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Okay, here's my David Cronenbergian dream. I had this blister on my ankle that kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger until it finally turned into some kind of transparent womb thing with Bret in it all clothed but curled up in a fetal position. I was gingerly walking around, trying not to hurt it until it detached and started floating up into the sky. I ran after it for a long time, but got tired and as it rose up into the sky, he waved goodbye. And the balloon turned into a tiny dot, and I woke up with a huge headache.

My therapist is going to have a field day with this one.... :roll:
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby kipples » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:07 pm

:shock: Oh my god MM!! :shock:

That is one of the most messed up things I've heard.... :clap:
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Holy crap, MM!

I had a dream that FOTC was playing a classroom (no joke). Like a small lecture hall of sorts, and Bret kept asking me to help them out between songs. Like setting up their mics differently or getting their next costume set out and ready for them to change into. And I have NO idea why he kept picking me, but he did. And all of the WTFers from LA/Vegas were there and by the end you all hated me because of my "special treatment" and I felt like a total d-bag :doomed:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby DaMango » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Most everyone's FOTC dreams are pretty freaky, but MM, yours takes the cake! :shock: I wouldn't even know where to begin in deciphering that one. Let us know what your therapist thinks, LOL!

I've had a few freaky Conchord dreams since the US concerts were announced. I'll type them up later when, I get a chance.
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Wow, you guys! :rolls:

MM! I'd like to have a photo of your therapist's face when you relate that one. :roll2:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords