It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 am

The WTF! T-Shirt Design Challenge!

Share a kebab or a cab. Pull your sexy dance moves or sing about your day. Wear your beard scruffy or your chops huge. Bretero or Jemainiac, we're mixing it all up here. Also Your Stuff now incorporated here.

Moderators: Nancy, SuzyBatt, Venus

The WTF! T-Shirt Design Challenge!

Postby vmh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Calling all artists, designers, creative individuals, etc!

ItsAllRyche came up with a really great idea to wear t-shirts that represent WTF! at The Hollywood Bowl performance on May 30 since so many WTFers will be present. In an effort to keep things moving since time's a wastin', I want to open this up to all members of the forum.

The challenge is to come up with a new design for a t-shirt. The design should represent Flight of the Conchords and What the Folk! The ladies attending the show at The Bowl will be sporting them that evening but I'd like the new shirt to be available to anyone who wants one. Ryche suggested creating the shirts through zazzle.com but we could also do spreadshirt.com since that's where Sherry's shop is set up and maybe a percentage of the proceeds could go towards her and this site.

Please don't post your submissions in this thread! You could send them to me and I'll take all the submissions and have members vote on the new design.

Since the show is less than 6 weeks away, I'm going to make the deadline to get your design submission(s) in on SUNDAY, MAY 2! I hope that's doable. It doesn't have to be elaborate. Just something simple that would look good on a shirt is fine. And the limit is 3 design submissions per person. Does that sound good? So what are you waiting for? Get those creative juices flowing and have fun! :D

For anyone planning on voting on the designs, the voting will take place from early Monday morning (5/03) to Wednesday (5/05)12 AM PST. I know that's not a lot of time for voting but I need to speed things up. I know people are busy with work, school, and life but please plan on checking in on the board sometime during those days if you want to place your votes. If this is a problem, let me know.
Last edited by vmh on Sat May 01, 2010 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: The WTF! T-Shirt Design Challenge!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm going to try to do something, but it's going to look horrendous so I'm totally warning you all in advance :lol:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby vmh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 pm

:yay:

No worries Kelly. I'm no artist so it'll probably be loads better than anything I would try to come with. I look forward to seeing everyone's entries!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:59 am

I am not very talented, at all, :roll: so I am really counting on you all.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Oohh, this is such a good idea, but I doubt I'll be able to come up with something new! Is the WTF logo still an option? We'll need Sherry's approval first.

(If it doesn't work out, I was just going to wear my blue t shirt.)
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Sherry is fine with people using the logo, if the winner doesn't mind having the design posted on the front page of the site. If you want to confirm directly, PM her. She's back from vacation.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby vmh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:05 am

Will do. But I'm kind of tired tonight so it'll have to be tomorrow.

I have 1 entry so far. I'd really like to see more. C'mon ladies and gents! Just think: your design might be featured on the front page of the site! Bret & Jemaine will see it in person adorning the chests of several lovely ladies of the world. They'll ask about our t-shirts and we'll tell them you designed it. And then we'll talk about how cool you are and it'll be awesome. And then they'll always remember you as, "That one girl/guy that designed those super cool shirts. They're so awesome!"

Should I up the ante a little bit with another small but sweet as prize for the winner? :hrm:

Gosh, I'm tired. :goodnight:
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby mockingbird » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 pm

I plan on doing something but as of yet I have no ideas and I don't want to submit something I've already posted because then you'll all know it's me. :worry: Over the next week I have two portfolios to assemble for my classes and I am stressing out about that so designing a t-shirt sounds like just the stress relief I need. :thumb: Personally I think just the glory of winning and the added bonus of decorating your lovely bosoms is enough, but if you want to give us more stuff vmh I won't stop you. ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:23 pm

I have an idea but I have no skills to make it come to fruition and a paper due on Monday so I won't even be able to work on it until then...
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Mock, submit it. We're voting on the design, not the person.

vmh, we are artistes here. Expect a lot of stuff on the 29th. :D

And if I can get my little idea to work, you might get one from me...
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:14 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:Mock, submit it. We're voting on the design, not the person.

I know but I feel weird about it, I'd rather it be anonymous. I feel like if people know who made it they might be subliminally influenced by that. In other words I know you all hate me and you'd never knowingly vote for a design of mine. ;)

Yes I take my t-shirt contests VERY. SERIOUSLY. :lol:
mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:42 am

Ahem. That was everybody's cue to step up and tell me how much they really love me. :tsk: ;) **crickets**

:lol:

So, are you guys looking more for a WTF! shirt or a FOTC shirt? :hrm: I assume you want it to say WTF on there somewhere, right?
mockingbird

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:46 am

:lol: Mock, you know we all love you! :hug:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:56 am

us + mock = :love:

I'm curious about mock's question as well..... :hrm:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:10 am

Thank you, you didn't have to say that. :blush: :lol: ;)
mockingbird

Next

Return to Fun & Games & Bret & Jemaine