It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Hello hello~ :)

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!

Moderator: Nancy

Hello hello~ :)

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Hey everyone :)

My name is Tamar, or Meiyo (which is Japanese for 'honour'). 20 years young and from the Netherlands. :D Student of English and Japanese Language & Culture and a singer :)

My life is all about obsessions and lovely things. So what am I obsessed about? Well, Flight of the Conchords of course! And singing, and hugging, and Shakira, and Japanese, and English, and Japanese musicians like YUI and KOKIA :D

nonchalant obsession directed me to this lovely forum last night at the Amsterdam concert (which was totally awesome)

Nice to meet you all~!
Last edited by NatsuMeiyo on Tue May 04, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They've got what I'd like to call they ey factor. That's when you see them, and you go, "ey!"
NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Re: Hello hello~ :)

Postby kipples » Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Hey NatsuMeiyo :welcome:

Excellent list of obsessions!
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Red » Tue May 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Hey Meiyo!! Welcome to the forum! :D
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby biscuit » Tue May 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Hello Meiyo :D

Welcome to the forum :) I loved reading your story of last night's events :nod:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby Venus » Tue May 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi there, NatsuMeiyo! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading all about your experience at the Amsterdam gig. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 pm

hi Meiyo :wave:
closet jemainiac
---

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Thank you~ :D *feels welcome*

Ah, this forum is such a refreshing experience. Was treated really badly one time at another (weird Japanese music fan) forum because I was a newbie. That experience really scarred me for life. Have been a bit apprehensive of signing up at new places since.

So yay! Thank you :D :D (again!)

@red: your signature is the epitome of awesome! Cute!
They've got what I'd like to call they ey factor. That's when you see them, and you go, "ey!"
NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Postby LauraK » Tue May 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi agian, Meiyo! No worries here, you are welcome. :hug:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi Meiyo! :hug: Like Laura said, we are all very welcoming and love meeting new people!
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Wed May 05, 2010 9:02 am

I'm glad for that :D
NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Nancy » Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 am

Hi again, Meiyo! :wave:

I hope you enjoy the awesome members here at the forum. They are truly a terrific bunch. :thumb:

If you haven't done so yet, take a moment to read Sherry's Forum Guidelines, and also take a look at the first page of a thread to see any guidelines or suggestions posted there.

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Conchords experience - I enjoyed reading your posts about the show. I look forward to seeing you around these parts. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Carol » Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 am

Hi Meiyo! Rest assured, the members here are very, very nice! I, myself, only joined a little more than a year ago, but I've been absent for many months. (Long story) However, anytime I am able to come back, the members welcome me as if I had never been away. Now, that's classy ladies!
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Red » Sat May 08, 2010 5:10 am

NatsuMeiyo wrote:@red: your signature is the epitome of awesome! Cute!

:blush: Thanks!
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 10, 2010 2:57 am

MEIYO! :hug: I'm so excited that you are here! :yay: Oh we missed you the second night! But I got some great photos, did you see? My pics of you turned out very dark...but I'll try to lighten them up and send them to you. I only just got back last night. I miss Amsterdam already. We went to Keukenhof as you suggested, and it was wonderful! Two hours and we still didn't see half of it. So much beauty. I'll try to post some pics in the vacation thread.

How's the thesis coming? :D Tell Esther, "Hello"! Is she going to join us here? Did the concert change either of your opinion of your favorite band member? Haahaaa, I still can't believe you correctly guessed which Conchord SheWolf and I preferred. :roll2:

A little welcome gift, from our concert...

Image :D

Stay and folk around with us! :bounce:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Mon May 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks again, everyone! :D

nonchalant obsession wrote:MEIYO! :hug: I'm so excited that you are here! :yay: Oh we missed you the second night! But I got some great photos, did you see? My pics of you turned out very dark...but I'll try to lighten them up and send them to you. I only just got back last night. I miss Amsterdam already. We went to Keukenhof as you suggested, and it was wonderful! Two hours and we still didn't see half of it. So much beauty. I'll try to post some pics in the vacation thread.

How's the thesis coming? :D Tell Esther, "Hello"! Is she going to join us here? Did the concert change either of your opinion of your favorite band member?

Woot! Thank you for the lovely picture of Jemaine :D I saw (almost all of) the pictures you took of the concert and wow! They were so lovely :D I'm forever grateful that you took a picture of us with little red :D Its darkness really doesn't matter! (was going to type another grin here, but there can only be so much grin-emoticons in a post for it to be bearable (well, not for me XD but for people reading my post xD) Esther and I are both very happy with it~!

I always switch between conchords :) During the concert I mostly had eyes for Bret though :P (gosh, he was so cute—I love it when he full-out laughs) though Jemaine is also quite the feast to look at and listen to! Aaah, I think I'm bi-conchord, as I've heard some of you say around here (with a teensy tiny slight preference for Bret, haha!) As for Esther (who says hi too btw :) ), she says she still likes both of them equally. She not too much of a forum-goer, so I don't think she'll be joining us, but I'll keep her up to date!

I'm glad you liked the Keukenhof! :) I've actually never been there myself, but it's supposed to be lovely, so I can't wait to see the pics!

Thesis is coming along quite nicely, growing as we speak actually :P I've been very busy with other papers the last couple of days, so I have a lot to catch up on here. I'm so very happy I'm writing my thesis on our lovely two blokes, though subtitling their lovely puns in Dutch is proving to be more difficult than we originally thought it was (I'm writing it together with a friend)! I'll make sure to share it once it's finished :)

(Bret + guitar + bed is now gracing my computer as desktop wallpaper, teehee~)

Haahaaa, I still can't believe you correctly guessed which Conchord SheWolf and I preferred.

Haha, guess I have a knack for that ;-)

*bounces along*
NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Next

Return to Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks