It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Men in Black III - SPOILERS!

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Men in Black III - SPOILERS!

Postby vmh » Wed May 19, 2010 3:41 am

Does this make it official? :yay:

Jemaine Clement Tunes Up For Villainy In 'Men In Black III'
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday May 18, 2010 @ 9:29pm EDT

Flight of the Conchords star Jemaine Clement has been set to play the villainous Yaz in Men in Black III, the sequel that is being fast-tracked by Columbia Pictures. Will Smith stars with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin, and Barry Sonnenfeld directs.

Clement will next be seen starring with Steve Carell in Dinner For Schmucks, the Jay Roach-directed DreamWorks comedy that Paramount distributes July 23. While HBO didn't renew their series, Flight of the Conchords partners Clement and Bret McKenzie have been touring around the world and have sold out most venues.

Source
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: Men in Black III

Postby kipples » Wed May 19, 2010 3:49 am

I bloomin well hope so :pray: :D
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby vmh » Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 am

I hope this means Jemaine will be spending his summer in LA. Boy, I sure do like the sound of that!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby DaMango » Wed May 19, 2010 4:24 am

What??!! That's cool about Jemaine and all, but what's up with making a 3-quel like, 10 years years later? Seems a little odd, but alrighty then.
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby kipples » Wed May 19, 2010 5:05 am

Seems to be pretty official by the looks of it. Just type "Jemaine Clement" into google and look up news. I believe Empire magazine.
kipples

Postby vmh » Wed May 19, 2010 5:05 am

DaMango wrote:What??!! That's cool about Jemaine and all, but what's up with making a 3-quel like, 10 years years later? Seems a little odd, but alrighty then.

If the studio could make extra money off of it, they'll put out anything.
Last edited by vmh on Wed May 19, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby DaMango » Wed May 19, 2010 5:06 am

For Jemaine's sake, I hope the movie doesn't suck! (Men in Black II wasn't so great. ) Maybe Jemaine's performance will make it good. ;)
DaMango

Postby vmh » Wed May 19, 2010 5:08 am

I'm not expecting much from the movie but I have no doubt that Jemaine will be marvelous in it.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Red » Wed May 19, 2010 5:22 am

Another article I read said it was being filmed in 3D. Jemaine on the big screen in 3D... 8) I'm in!

This could really change a lot for him if it does well. Thankfully we know it won't change him though.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Faith » Wed May 19, 2010 5:32 am

If that's true, I will so pay the extra money to be able to see Jemaine in 3D. :D
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed May 19, 2010 5:44 am

Oh my! I hope that this villan in 3D turns out to be a rocker who wears sparkly sex pants & barely there-lightening bolt vest. It will happen that way in my dreams tonight. That's all I'm sayin'. It could happen.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed May 19, 2010 5:56 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:Oh my! I hope that this villan in 3D turns out to be a rocker who wears sparkly sex pants & barely there-lightening bolt vest. It will happen that way in my dreams tonight. That's all I'm sayin'. It could happen.

'

That is too good!! Yay for 3D spandex!!! Oh, oops that is right, that was covered in another thread. :oops:
ItsAllRyche

Postby rachel » Wed May 19, 2010 1:32 pm

This should make me finally go and see a 3D film...
@_raychul
rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 19, 2010 1:35 pm

ItsAllRyche wrote:
4everconchordsfan wrote:Oh my! I hope that this villan in 3D turns out to be a rocker who wears sparkly sex pants & barely there-lightening bolt vest. It will happen that way in my dreams tonight. That's all I'm sayin'. It could happen.

'

That is too good!! Yay for 3D spandex!!! Oh, oops that is right, that was covered in another thread. :oops:

Muahahahaha! 3D spandex indeed :waggle:

So excited for Jemaine, but am still afraid he is being typecast a bit..unless he wants/likes it this way, then yay! :yay:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Aimee » Wed May 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks vmh! That's so awesome! Keep your eye out for any chance encounters.. :eyelashes:
Aimee
Registered Rhymnecologist

Next

Return to Jemaine Clement