It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Despicable Me

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: Despicable Me

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Right on! :cheer:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Red » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:02 am

mockingbird wrote:I did and he read it but didn't respond. I'll go pester him about it again right now. ;)

Don't forget to use the picture of you in a red wig when you message him. :wink:
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Deirdre » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:50 am

Thanks for sharing VHM. Like others have said, I'll be seeing it with the family even though it doesn't sound like it will be a "Jemaine movie." :family: I am disappointed that Jemaine isn't a discernable character in the movie. I have been looking forward to it for so long. :popcorn: But at least we have Dinner for Schmucks next week. :woohoo: As a sidebar, IHOP is promoting Despicable Me heavily. The minions have taken over the kids menu. IHOP even have cinna-minion rolls. :bounce: For people not familiar with IHOP, it stands for the International House of Pancakes. Not usually involved in movie promotions to my knowledge.
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Red - ;) Sadly, even with the fake red hair I got no reply. Apparently Jemaine doesn't want to talk about it. At least to me. ;)

Deirdre - It is a bit disappointing but honestly even if they HAD relied heavily on him, his voice is pretty much unrecognizeable anyway and if I had to choose, I'd much rather see him as he appears in Dinner For Schmucks. :waggle: :nod: :drool: :thud: :thumb: *humina* :lol:

Deirdre wrote:As a sidebar, IHOP is promoting Despicable Me heavily. The minions have taken over the kids menu. IHOP even have cinna-minion rolls. :bounce: For people not familiar with IHOP, it stands for the International House of Pancakes. Not usually involved in movie promotions to my knowledge.

I remember when it actually used to be called International House of Pancakes. It's annoying to me when companies take the colloquial abbreviations people use for their names and make it their actual name. :roll: Then again maybe I just need to get a life, lol. Anyway yeah, they don't usually do movie tie-ins with IHOP. I thought that was kind of weird too.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Deirdre » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:13 pm

This sort of explains why we won't recognize his voice. It's from an interview on Screen Crave in October 2009.

"[Laughs] Tim? I don’t know where Tim comes from, maybe it is called Tim. That must be on IMDB. It’s actually more than one character, he’s a clone, so they all kind of have the same voice. There are many characters that are all exactly the same, and I do an alien accent in an undefinable language."

An alien accent in a non-existent language, and a cartoon image = not Jemaine. Still, I hope they paid him lots and lots of money. :D
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:38 am

"An alien accent in a non-existent language, and a cartoon image = not Jemaine. Still, I hope they paid him lots and lots of money."

I don't know, am I just talking myself into this but I see [the minions] with the two eyes, glasses, and a gap in front teeth...total Jemaine??? :rolleyes:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:28 pm

I saw this, it was silly, delightful fun. I couldn't really tell who Jerry the Minion was, but they were all hilarious and extremely cute. And they all had their own personalities! The story had some predictable elements, but also some nice surprises. It looked great in 2D, Robert Ebert recomends seeing it in that, and since no movie since "How to Train Your Dragon" really warranted it, IME, I agree with him and save your extra $5.

It's more Warner Brothers hammer on the head humor, but it was extremely enjoyable. And Steve Carell is just fantastic voicing Gru, the supervillian.

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:20 am

Yeah, we saw it today too. Not in 3D though, and quite frankly it did not need it. The rollercoaster scene would have made me queezy.
ItsAllRyche

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Did you like it Ryche?

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:00 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:It looked great in 2D, Robert Ebert recomends seeing it in that, and since no movie since "How to Train Your Dragon" really warranted it, IME, I agree with him and save your extra $5.

"How to Train Your Dragon" was a really good movie. I think hubby and I liked it more than the kids did.

I can't wait to get back home and see DM. :waiting:
mockingbird

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Really? The kids were squealing all through the movie at the showing I was at - from teens to tots.

Here's a Despicable Me minion maker:
http://www.dailyfreegames.com/games/dre ... maker.html

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:56 pm

MM I really really liked it. I too was saying that it did not need to be seen in 3D. It was thoroughly gigglitious! :lol:
ItsAllRyche

Postby mockingbird » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:35 am

MM - the kids liked it fine, but hubby and I were like, "That was AWESOME!" :lol:
mockingbird

Postby eorious » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:27 am

ItsAllRyche wrote:Yeah, we saw it today too. Not in 3D though, and quite frankly it did not need it. The rollercoaster scene would have made me queezy.

Yep, that scene was a little hard to take in 3D. :sick: There were only a couple of scenes where I even noticed that it was 3D, so it really wasn't necessary.
mohumbhai mania wrote:I couldn't really tell who Jerry the Minion was, but they were all hilarious and extremely cute.

I think he was the one who got shrunken. Either that or he was the one who carried the shrunken minion around, because when the little guy popped back up to normal size one of them shouted "Jerry!". But really I loved them all, they were so adorable.
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:56 pm

I loved those two minions so much! The tea party where they both have a cup!

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement