What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
mohumbhai mania
 Post subject: Re: Despicable Me
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:59 pm 
Can Attack!

Right on! :cheer:

I am bike-cheese!

Red
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:02 pm 
Getting lewd with the food

mockingbird wrote:
I did and he read it but didn't respond. I'll go pester him about it again right now. ;)

Don't forget to use the picture of you in a red wig when you message him. :wink:

Deirdre
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:50 am 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Thanks for sharing VHM. Like others have said, I'll be seeing it with the family even though it doesn't sound like it will be a "Jemaine movie." :family: I am disappointed that Jemaine isn't a discernable character in the movie. I have been looking forward to it for so long. :popcorn: But at least we have Dinner for Schmucks next week. :woohoo: As a sidebar, IHOP is promoting Despicable Me heavily. The minions have taken over the kids menu. IHOP even have cinna-minion rolls. :bounce: For people not familiar with IHOP, it stands for the International House of Pancakes. Not usually involved in movie promotions to my knowledge.

mockingbird
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:37 pm 
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Red - ;) Sadly, even with the fake red hair I got no reply. Apparently Jemaine doesn't want to talk about it. At least to me. ;)

Deirdre - It is a bit disappointing but honestly even if they HAD relied heavily on him, his voice is pretty much unrecognizeable anyway and if I had to choose, I'd much rather see him as he appears in Dinner For Schmucks. :waggle: :nod: :drool: :thud: :thumb: *humina* :lol:

Deirdre wrote:
As a sidebar, IHOP is promoting Despicable Me heavily. The minions have taken over the kids menu. IHOP even have cinna-minion rolls. :bounce: For people not familiar with IHOP, it stands for the International House of Pancakes. Not usually involved in movie promotions to my knowledge.

I remember when it actually used to be called International House of Pancakes. It's annoying to me when companies take the colloquial abbreviations people use for their names and make it their actual name. :roll: Then again maybe I just need to get a life, lol. Anyway yeah, they don't usually do movie tie-ins with IHOP. I thought that was kind of weird too.

Deirdre
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:13 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

This sort of explains why we won't recognize his voice. It's from an interview on Screen Crave in October 2009.

"[Laughs] Tim? I don’t know where Tim comes from, maybe it is called Tim. That must be on IMDB. It’s actually more than one character, he’s a clone, so they all kind of have the same voice. There are many characters that are all exactly the same, and I do an alien accent in an undefinable language."

An alien accent in a non-existent language, and a cartoon image = not Jemaine. Still, I hope they paid him lots and lots of money. :D

ItsAllRyche
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

"An alien accent in a non-existent language, and a cartoon image = not Jemaine. Still, I hope they paid him lots and lots of money."

I don't know, am I just talking myself into this but I see [the minions] with the two eyes, glasses, and a gap in front teeth...total Jemaine??? :rolleyes:

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:28 pm 
Can Attack!

I saw this, it was silly, delightful fun. I couldn't really tell who Jerry the Minion was, but they were all hilarious and extremely cute. And they all had their own personalities! The story had some predictable elements, but also some nice surprises. It looked great in 2D, Robert Ebert recomends seeing it in that, and since no movie since "How to Train Your Dragon" really warranted it, IME, I agree with him and save your extra $5.

It's more Warner Brothers hammer on the head humor, but it was extremely enjoyable. And Steve Carell is just fantastic voicing Gru, the supervillian.

I am bike-cheese!

ItsAllRyche
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:20 am 

Yeah, we saw it today too. Not in 3D though, and quite frankly it did not need it. The rollercoaster scene would have made me queezy.

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:55 pm 
Can Attack!

Did you like it Ryche?

I am bike-cheese!

mockingbird
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 pm 

mohumbhai mania wrote:
It looked great in 2D, Robert Ebert recomends seeing it in that, and since no movie since "How to Train Your Dragon" really warranted it, IME, I agree with him and save your extra $5.

"How to Train Your Dragon" was a really good movie. I think hubby and I liked it more than the kids did.

I can't wait to get back home and see DM. :waiting:

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 pm 
Can Attack!

Really? The kids were squealing all through the movie at the showing I was at - from teens to tots.

Here's a Despicable Me minion maker:
http://www.dailyfreegames.com/games/dre ... maker.html

I am bike-cheese!

ItsAllRyche
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 pm 

MM I really really liked it. I too was saying that it did not need to be seen in 3D. It was thoroughly gigglitious! :lol:

mockingbird
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:35 am 

MM - the kids liked it fine, but hubby and I were like, "That was AWESOME!" :lol:

eorious
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:27 am 
Consistently Mediocre

ItsAllRyche wrote:
Yeah, we saw it today too. Not in 3D though, and quite frankly it did not need it. The rollercoaster scene would have made me queezy.

Yep, that scene was a little hard to take in 3D. :sick: There were only a couple of scenes where I even noticed that it was 3D, so it really wasn't necessary.
mohumbhai mania wrote:
I couldn't really tell who Jerry the Minion was, but they were all hilarious and extremely cute.

I think he was the one who got shrunken. Either that or he was the one who carried the shrunken minion around, because when the little guy popped back up to normal size one of them shouted "Jerry!". But really I loved them all, they were so adorable.

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm 
Can Attack!

I loved those two minions so much! The tea party where they both have a cup!

I am bike-cheese!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next