It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:20 am

Jemaine on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: Jemaine on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:11 am

A little OT - Steve Carell is on Jimmy right now, singing a song Jimmy did in the last segment with the audience dedicated to BP, about not going swimming in the ocean because of the tarballs you might get in your mouth, called... well, you get the idea. :wink:
I'm sure he's on to plug the movie as well. Wonder if Jemaine's name will come up.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 am

PS: It did, and Steve pronounced "Clement" correctly. :cheer:
Jimmy didn't say "Oops, I mispronounced his name last night" :oops: , but he did mention that Jemaine was on last night and that he was very funny. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 pm

I think I'm starting to like Jimmy. He's so sweet in his way. And more funny than SNL.

And rowr. Jemaine. I think I see the beginnings of an unrequited bromance for Mr. Fallon.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Hot Jam » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi guys - hope you're all doing well! Also, here to say, I. Love. This. Man. My husband even loves Jemaine (though I'm pretty certain that he's not as interested/invested in all of the subtle (and not so subtle :snakeman: ) Jemaine-details as I might be :whistle:). Jemaine's just so contagious.

I remember feeling so bereft after hearing that there would be no more FoTC series and thinking: "What now?? When will we get a chance to see these two wonderful guys again?!?" But, realizing that these sentiments were a bit selfish, I was also very happy that they could drop out a bit and get some down-time/family-time/home-time. Then the flood gates opened for both of them with the tour and in particular for Jemaine with GB, other movie-related activites, the stuff he was doing in NZ, and the appearances. It's all good. Didn't even have a chance to miss them/him!

As for Jemaine, he's just a very, VIRY, special, amazing, wonderful person. He can't help it. Yes, I think so and I know I'm not alone! :nod: I keep thinking back to the EvS interview when he said he wasn't an actor. Welp, he might actually want to include that component into his repertoire at this point. People are catching on. :wink:

Thanks very much to you all who have done such a good job with the postings, the links, the stories, the clips and so on. I don't post as much anymore but I do def check in and do thoroughly enjoy reading what you have to say. Have a great day/eve/night - whatever it is for you! :D
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009
Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Location: Somewhere I'd want to be if I wasn't here but I'm here so I'm very happy!

Postby SuzyBatt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Hot Jam!! (I like saying that, it's like 'hot damn'! :lol: ) Nice to read from you, and such a thoughtful post too! :D I have to agree with everything you've written. Jemaine really is contagious. He's just got a special quality I think (not that I would ever take anything away from Bret either :hrmpf: ). It's really fun to sit back and see all the good stuff they are getting themselves into. I think back to when Jemaine once said something to the effect of "we wanted to make the show, just didn't want anyone to watch it." Clearly, he's getting over that way of thinking and embracing the possibilities that his career can bring (I mean, MIB? Come on!).

mohumbhai mania wrote:And rowr. Jemaine. I think I see the beginnings of an unrequited bromance for Mr. Fallon.

I know, right? :nod:

Nancy, thanks for the note on last night's show. I was wondering if Jemaine's name would come up. Glad to know it came up, properly pronounced. ;)
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby Venus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Hot Jam! :wave: Good to see you. Totally agree with all that you've said. Jemaine is one of a kind and he thoroughly deserves all the recognition he's currently getting and even more. It's always exciting keeping up with what both Bret and Jemaine are up to individually and as FOTC and just seeing how far they've come over the years with the many fantastic opportunities they've been given which they've worked so hard for.

Yep, definitely signs of a bromance between Jemaine and Jimmy! They should so some improv together as Jemaine suggested. ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Hot Jam! :wave: It's so good to hear from you and to know you check in on what's happening here. And thank you for your positive feedback - it is most appreciated! :D

It is nice to see the guys doing other things since they're both so talented, and to get to see the fruits of their labors (one week, one week, one week til Dinner For Schmucks opens!! :cheer: )
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:51 am

I concur. :thumb: oh, to all of the above!!
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:16 am

Nope no need to feel bereft Hot Jam. I comforted myself when I knew there would be no season 3 by mentally saying that they decided not to do a 3rd season because it was too confining. They wanted to show more skin. Looking at the Keiran Vollard Videos on funny or die... perhaps, I was on to something. I'm psychic!
:suckers:

Really loving all the screencaps. Wish he had been on Craig Ferguson instead. But, probably good he wasn't. My head would explode with glee. I'm trying so hard to get on board with the beard though! I just want to sit on him, tell him "This is for your own good, Jemaine!" And put a 40 blade on my dog clippers and shave him clean! The glasses and the smile though makes it better. :D Still want to shave him though. :lol:
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Previous

Return to Jemaine Clement