It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:50 pm

The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex

More commonly known as Mel to Conchords fans.

Moderator: Venus

The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex

Postby vmh » Thu May 20, 2010 6:06 am

is now available to pre-order.

:lol:

The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex -- Comedy team and real-life couple Kristen Schaal and Rich Blomquist went to the mattress (literally) to bring a whole new brand of sex advice to the masses. In The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex, learn about SandWhispers, the world's premier erotic destination. Hear the untold story of the discovery of the female orgasm. Uncover the secret world behind the Mile High Club. With full-color illustrated advice and information on everything from orgies ("the more the hairier"), to sex toys ("Cupid's toolbox"), to masturbation ("the auto-erotic fixation"), Kristen and Rich explore, celebrate, and ridicule humanity's most treasured pastime—the sexy world of sexy sex.

I plan on ordering it later and I'm willing to do the book loan thing if anyone wants to read it.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex

Postby vmh » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:04 am

I got her book in the mail today. I haven't had a chance to look through it yet but here's a lovely photo of the authors.

James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:23 am

You know when I read the subject line I instantly thought that should be a book Kieran Vollard wrote. And posed for pictures in :waggle: :purple:

But what it really is is a book by Ms Schaal.

I shall investigate further :D Fankoo
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby vmh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:42 am

If there's ever an audio book version of this, I think it should be narrated by Jemaine using his Kieran voice.

Sexy sex.

In the back pages of the book, Kristen offers an apology:

Sorry to Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie if this makes them feel more uncomfortable than usual.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Venus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Haha, nice chest hair on Kristen and great apology. ;) Looks like it will be an interesting read! Thanks for sharing that photo, vmh! She should definitely use Kieran Vollard to promote this book. :nod:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby vmh » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:38 am

Kristen and Rich will be doing a book signing in New York on Wednesday, September 22. If you're interested, the details can be found HERE.

I just got back from her book release party in L.A. My friend and I actually ran into Kristen and Rich at Urban Outfitters before the party. Like the nerds that we are, we walked in holding our books in hand and they spotted us. We all nodded in approval as Kristen shared her shopping purchases with us. Yeah, we're totally best friends now.

They had a few DJ's including Dan Crane. Kristen and Rich read a few short stories from the book and acted out a silly role-play. There wasn't a huge turn out (maybe 20 people or so). But it was fun and Kristen and Rich are really nice people. They make a cute couple. I hope the NY turn out is bigger for them.

A few other ladies very close to the Conchords were there as well so you never know who might show up. :whistle:
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Any photo's, V? That's so cool. I'm assuming you got your book signed. Did they write anything special or super sexy? :lol: What did you think of the book, by the way? Has anyone else out there read it yet?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Venus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Ooh, thanks so much for sharing your experience, vmh! That's so cool you met them whilst shopping and the party sounds like fun with the role plays, lol! Yeah I'd also love to see any photos if you took some. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby vmh » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 am

Nah, sorry. We didn't take any photos. But here's one someone else took of Kristen and Nick Kroll at the signing.

Kristen wrote:

"To Vanessa,

Thank you for supporting this incredibly sexy book.

(heart) Kristen Schaal"

Rich wrote:

Vanessa-

You are so sweet for coming to our signing! These trees died to make you sexy!

(heart) Rich B.
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Sweet. Have you read the book, v? Are you sexier now? :wink: I would have gone to the NYC book signing. I'll bet Dan Crane was entertaining.

:jc: <----pretend that's an air guitar.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Return to Kristen Schaal