Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:09 pm

djdeathskiss here. If any of you post on TheOneRing.net or KongisKing.net message boards, you may recognize me. If not, then, ermmm... hi! my name is djdeathskiss. I've been a fan of FotC ever since I received the 'Folk the World Tour' live cd for Christmas last year. It's been great seeing them on US tv recently, and in a few of the magazines. I am hoping that all this publicity will allow them to do a proper tour here in the States. *crosses fingers*
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Hi!

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:25 pm

Hip-Hop-opotamus wrote:Hello everyone! Not so much new to the boards (were on the "other" boards Sherry had going) but new to this one! I'm looking forward to messaging it up with the rest of you!

Wooo you made it!

What was that? The 3rd attempt :P *runs and hides*

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:26 pm

djdeathskiss wrote:djdeathskiss here. If any of you post on TheOneRing.net or KongisKing.net message boards, you may recognize me. If not, then, ermmm... hi! my name is djdeathskiss. I've been a fan of FotC ever since I received the 'Folk the World Tour' live cd for Christmas last year. It's been great seeing them on US tv recently, and in a few of the magazines. I am hoping that all this publicity will allow them to do a proper tour here in the States. *crosses fingers*

And another 'Wooo' Another nick I recognise :D

I take it the bank transfer came through then :P

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Hi. Kate here. I guess I posted in the wrong place. :oops:

Caught "One Night Stand" purely by accident (I had watched Bill Maher, and was still trying to find the remote to turn off the tv when they came on. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

Nice to be here with other Conchordians. These guys are going to be the next big thing. I can just feel it!

My best to all,

Kate

jamackinnon
New arrival

Postby jamackinnon » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:04 pm

Hey, Justin here. I first caught the Conchords this summer while vacationing in Prince Edward Island. I saw their set on the Just for Laughs comedy tour and immediately loved it. Since then, I've been trying to get my hands on as much Conchords stuff as possible.

A big thanks to Sherry for hosting this site... it's practically the only Conchords site on the internet, and the downloads section has kept me going while I wait for them to become ultra-famous and have tv specials airing every night ;-)

I'm trying to build up a New York following of the Conchords... my roommate and all my college friends are forced to listen to the Conchords in my apartment, in my car, at work, and anywhere else I can pop in the CD. When the Conchords start building their global empire, New York will be ready!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:16 pm

jamackinnon wrote:I'm trying to build up a New York following of the Conchords... my roommate and all my college friends are forced to listen to the Conchords in my apartment, in my car, at work, and anywhere else I can pop in the CD. When the Conchords start building their global empire, New York will be ready!

Never mind New York being ready! Will the Conchords? :P

And hey, glad you could make it. Welcome to our forum :)

conchordgirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:18 pm

Kate wrote:
Caught "One Night Stand" purely by accident (I had watched Bill Maher, and was still trying to find the remote to turn off the tv when they came on. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

Kate, that is exactly how I came upon the greatness of FoTC. I was watching Bill Maher in bed alone on a Friday night (per the usual Friday Night) and I heard the sweet voice of Jemaine on the TV. I think he was singing "business time". I started laughing so hard that I thought I would choke! After getting a breath, I got right on the computer and found Sherry's site.
Yay, Sherry!

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:47 pm

Kate wrote:Caught "One Night Stand" purely by accident (I had watched Bill Maher, and was still trying to find the remote to turn off the tv when they came on. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

Same thing for me! Except, I admit it, I was just too lazy to get up and turn off the Tv. :lol:

Okay, I have to speak up, I kind of like the 'bird's nest' on Bret's face. Is that really weird? :oops:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:56 am

The nest is growing on me more and more. Takes me back to my college days and all the scruffy boys I had crushes on.

I participate in a mix CD swap at another site and this month's theme is "what you're listening to the most right now." I think my whole mix will probably revolve around Flight of the Conchords and their side projects, since that's what I listen to constantly. I might have to send the mix to some other friends, just to help spread the word.

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:14 am

I should start a new "PR" thread, but in the meantime, your CD swap gives me an idea. We have a Christmas bazaar coming up - the CD would make a perfect stocking stuffer. (Everyone on my list is getting one this year! And if the guys had 8 retail items, they would be perfectly equipped for Hannukah...)
Last edited by Fluffyblonde on Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey sherry, doggin the forums

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:58 am

SWEEET. Cool thanks for the forum goodness.

imapotato
New arrival

Postby imapotato » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:08 am

Hey I am the moron accountant who can't log in...lmao

Obviously I am not a very good accountant

You work for Enron and look what happens :(

disclaimer-No I did not work for Enron, and not suggesting all their accountants were morons...just most

and Thank you Sherry for this site

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:13 am

imapotato wrote:Hey I am the moron accountant who can't log in...lmao

Obviously I am not a very good accountant

You work for Enron and look what happens :(

disclaimer-No I did not work for Enron, and not suggesting all their accountants were morons...just most

and Thank you Sherry for this site

Aha! There you are. Hello finally :D

The log in thing is catching people out. If you log out when you leave, you need to log in when you come back is the main thing to remember. You can opt for 'remember me' and simply never log out. Just close the web page. When you open it again, you will be logged in. Only really recommended if you don't share the comp.

SayWhat?
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SayWhat? » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:30 am

Hello. I'm yet another Yank who saw FoTC on HBO, loved them, needed to find out more about them, googled them, found this site.......you know the rest!

And yes, like many of you, when I share my love of them (and my taped copy of the HBO show) with others, NO ONE GETS IT! :x

Really, how could someone not love a gangster/folk crossover tune? :shock:

WhatEVER! Mad props and a big shout-out to Sherry for making this site happen. You go Girl!

Spammy
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Spammy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:06 pm

Spammy.[/quote]

I had to laugh when I saw your nick. I think the bit in the guidelines about 'No spam. No spamming. No spammy spam.' did it :p And an Aussie to boot. The world seems such a small place sometimes, thanks to this interweb thingo.

I heard about the Stand Up thing. Is that the one that is out on DVD in Australia? If so, is it worth buying do you reckon?[/quote]

There be a long story behind my nick. I like it cause people accuse me of spamming.

Stand up only lasted one series. It hasn't been made into a DVD sadly. Not that I know of anyhooz. It would be worth buying if there was one!
"You see a peanut, the day's off to a good start. You witness some soil, it's a jamboree for Vince Noir" - Howard Moon - The Mighty Boosh

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”