Post subject: The 2010 WTF! Forum Awards- Vote Now!
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:33 pm
She did indeed have the time of her life
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:07 pm Posts: 6008 Location: London, England
Thank you all so much for submitting your nominations! What a year 2010 was and now as we’ve just begun 2011, these awards are a great way of celebrating the past year and looking forward to what the future may hold. Below are the nominations which made the shortlist so now I would invite you all to vote! You must choose ONE option from each category and you can vote for as many categories as you want.
The deadline for votes to be cast is 10th January 2011 at 7pm EST.
2010 WTF! Forum Awards Shortlist
1. Best Line on The Simpsons: Elementary School Musical 1. Bret: What is she doing with her hands? Lisa: It's called applause. Jemaine: I'm not sure I like it.
2. The heckling scene
3. "We wanted you to think we were happening guys." "Well, philosophically we're happening in the sense that we exist." "Not for long if we don't drop more sandwiches."
4. “Remember us for our exaggerations, not our reality”
2. Best Song Featured on The Simpsons: Elementary School Musical (To listen to the songs click here) 1. Artists 2. "No we don't do that, we never do that..." 3. Camp T-shirts 4. “It’s hard to sing whilst playing…guitars” 5. The sad reprise of Artists
3. Most Exciting Project Outside of FOTC 1. The Simpsons 2. Predicament 3. Electronic Santa by Blazer Force 4. Dinner for Schmucks
4. Most Eagerly Anticipated Upcoming Project 1. Two Little Boys 2. The Muppet Movie 3. Men In Black 3 4. Rio
5. Best Bret and/or Jemaine Appearance 1. Flight of the Conchords - Bret and Jemaine's announcement (BBC Comedy website launch)
13. Best Tour Story 1. Bret and Nigel playing Rachel’s uke
2. Jemaine and MinorMajorStalker during Sugalumps at the Hollywood Bowl
3. kipples asking Bret what the Djz girlfriend was…him not remembering…then confirming that she was indeed an outer zone.
4. Jemaine telling SheWolf that he remembered her
14. Best Autograph 1. Amanda’s
15. Most Enviable Meet & Greet Photo with Jemaine 1. Amanda and Jemaine
2. SheWolf and Jemaine
3. funny schipperke and Jemaine
4. At the Hollywood Bowl Afterparty
16. Most Enviable Meet & Greet Photo with Bret
1. Venus and Bret
2. minilea and Bret
3. biscuit and Bret
4. Marte and Bret
5. kipples and Bret
17. Most Enviable Meet & Greet Photo with a Conchord Cohort
1. rachel and Nigel
2. Amanda and Nigel
3. Red and James Bobin
18. Most Tragic Tour Moment 1. When there was no M&G for the girls in Hollywood 2. nonchalant obsession going to 4 shows and not meeting Bret 3. 4everconchordsfan's memory card snafu 4. No one got a photo of the guys shirtless in the wings at the Hollywood Bowl
19. Best Support Act Set 1. Arj Barker 2. Eugene Mirman 3. Kristen Schaal 4. David O’Doherty
20. Best Song Performance 1. Demon Woman 2. We’re Both In Love With A Sexy Lady/Sugalumps 3. Boom 4. Epileptic Dogs
21. Best New Song 1. 1353 (Woo a Lady) 2. You Don’t Love Me Anymore 3. Back on the Road
22. Funniest Banter 1. Muffin Story 2. Time tripping- being f*ngered by a T-rex if you have too much of acid from tour poster 3. “They said that we should save the whales, and apparently at that point the night before, at the Norway concert, the crowd had booed them for that. They didn't know that Norwegians eat whales, and Jemaine then said something in the lines of "Well, that's another reason to save the whales - save them from Norwegians!" –hetoft, Copenhagen 4. Flight Of The Conchords - Play Some Lily Allen - Live at Wembley 19.5.2010
5. Flight of the Conchords Dublin May 6th: "...the famous English poet, Oscar Wilde"
23. Best Tour Blooper 1. Flight of the Conchords Feat. Carla. Birmingham NIA 10/05/2010
2. Flight of the Conchords - I'm not crying (live at Melkweg, Amsterdam) (Bret posing for the cameras)
3. “One of the highlights - Bret's taunt-and-call-security joke finally backfired on him. When he reached for a girl (while he was standing in front of her) she totally leaped up and jumped him. He even lost his balance and was pinned against the stage as she practically lay on top of him! Jemaine was on the stage and thought it was hilarious while looking ever so slightly concerned. They really did need security!! Then he ran to the side seats, which were TOTALLY EMPTY and started humping a seat, saying "There are normally more people at our shows." Memorable!” – SuzyBatt / Flight of the Conchords - Sugalumps - Las Vegas - May 29, 2010 (starts from 2:15)
4. Jemaine forgetting the chords for Prince of Parties
5. Jemaine having trouble lighting his match during Demon Woman
24. Funniest Tour Photo 1. Jemaine and kipples
2. A pic of Jemaine’s sugalumps taken by Bret
3. Red and the back of James Bobin
4. Bret and the security guard
5. Bret getting more than he bargained for during Vegas Sugalumps
25. Fave Jemaine Tour Photo 1. White t-shirt photo
2. Onstage close-up photo
3. Looking down photo
4. Soundcheck photo
5. Smile photo
26. Fave Bret Tour Photo 1. Red lighting photo
2. Blazer and checked shirt photo
3. Inside out shirt photo
4. Blazer and lion t-shirt photo
5. With Little Red photo
27. Fave FOTC Tour Photo 1. Green lighting photo
2. Losanjealous photo
3. Sugalumps photo
4. With the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (Nigel) photo
Post subject: Re: The 2010 WTF! Forum Awards- Vote Now!
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:25 pm
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 3:43 am Posts: 7237
Aw, vmh. That pic is so perfect!
I'm completely stuck on Best Bret moment....how can I ever choose?!?!? They were all amazing. So many of the categories I've narrowed down to two (with great difficulty) and I just can't pick between them. Oh well, it's an honor for the selections that don't win just to be nominated...right?
Thanks for all the links to everything, Venus! Woot, girl. You made this so slick and easy for us!
Who nominated me for Biggest Tour Tragedy??? ...................... ( )
Post subject: Re: The 2010 WTF! Forum Awards- Vote Now!
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 pm
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm Posts: 7354 Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator
nonchalant obsession wrote:
Who nominated me for Biggest Tour Tragedy?
I didn’t participate so it wasn’t me but it was a tragedy of epic proportion, wasn't it?
Who new such an honor could result from a few glasses of wine and Nonch always ready with her camera.
My pic nomination was the result of the same.
I have only skimmed the categories so far but re: #24 we can’t really be expected to choose right? The photo of J with kipples is one of my faves but how can any Jemainiac be expected to vote against his big, delicious sugalumps?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum