It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:28 am

The 2010 WTF! Forum Awards- The Results!

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: The 2010 WTF! Forum Awards- The Results!

Postby eorious » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:15 am

Oh dear....is that Weird Al? *shudder*

I think those awards should win awards. Completely freaking brilliant!!! Seriously had me laughing out loud.
Kudos to everyone involved. :clap: :prayer:

I wonder what the award for Jemaine's crotch would have been, had it won...? :hrm:
Probably best left to the imagination, LOL. :whistle: :halo:
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

eorious wrote:I wonder what the award for Jemaine's crotch would have been, had it won...? :hrm:

*sigh* I guess we'll never know. I was shocked and dissapointed that it didn't win. I really wanted to get my hands on that one.

mockingbird wrote: :o I think you may be on to something!

Note the bromantic look. :hrm: Also the long elf-like hair. ;)

Ha! You're right! :lol: Though in Bret's defense...LOTR was released in 2001 so the silky haired, pouty dude from the Extreme could have totally stolen that look from Figwit. So maybe in a round about way, it all evens out. :P

Karma aside...I'll still say that 1353 is easily my favorite new song from the tour. :heart: Am I the only one?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby LauraK » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 pm

I think I like them equally....YDLMA is a nice one to play along to and I love the melody and of course it's clever and funny......while 1353 is purely ridiculous (in a good way) as a song yet I find it even more clever and funny! I mean, there's lots of woo-woo-woo-ing and Bret playing a recorder! You're not going to hear that on the radio any time soon, lol! :lol: It's very much like Stana, imo. Those 2 stand alone. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby eorious » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Karma aside...I'll still say that 1353 is easily my favorite new song from the tour. :heart: Am I the only one?

Nope, it's my favorite too. But then again I've always liked renaissance fair/medieval music. :lol:

"You Don't Love me Anymore" comes in a close second for me though, primarily because of Jemaine's guitar solo in the middle.
Not only did it sound amazing but the way he moved his fingers as he played left me breathless. :drool:
:thud:

I hope somewhere, someday, someone gets a closeup video of that. I know I tried and failed. :tears:
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Great prize-crafting, ladies!

Very few of my faves got up there, but they're all worthy winners...

Even though you really have to give the Big Book of Sexy Sex its due. It's hilarious.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:46 pm

As if having Jemaine’s big delicious mitts on me wasn’t award enough, it is with humble honor that I accept this prestigious award and look forward to making people envious in the future.

I’d like to thank nonch & her trusty Sony DSC-H20 for capturing the moment, Jemaine for being so cuddly, the members of the WTF Forum International Voters Guild and god for making me an atheist.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 am

:rolls: Nice pic, SW! ;)

I'm glad people have enjoyed taking part in the awards. It was a lot of fun looking back on the past year whilst putting these awards together. Gotta thank Bret and Jemaine for giving us so many amazing memories during 2010 and long may it continue! :D

Oh and thanks to everyone who voted for my pic with Bret! :adoration: I'd also like to thank Bret for being the genuinely nice guy he is and putting me at ease during our encounter and onlyalways for taking the pic on her camera! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby SecretCheri » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:18 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Karma aside...I'll still say that 1353 is easily my favorite new song from the tour. :heart: Am I the only one?

:hrm: Now I can't seem to remember whether I voted for 1353 (because it is definitely my new favorite song to listen to and quote) or for You Don't Love Me Anymore (bc Bret sings it and it is fun to play on the ukulele) :hrm:

The lyrics to 1353 make me laugh out loud. The strum that is used in YDLMA was one of my favorite things to watch when I saw them perform live. I can't even decide now, so I'm not sure how I chose one when I voted :lol:
SecretCheri
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 pm

I strongly disagree with the winners of the tour poster & T shirt categories. :hrmpf:

I voted for You Don’t Love Me Anymore because it is my fave new song. In fact it is now one of my fave FOTC songs of all time. Much like Angels, I love it for the melody and the beauty of the song itself, not because it is particularly clever or funny (though it is that too) and then there’s this:

eorious wrote:Not only did it sound amazing but the way he moved his fingers as he played left me breathless. :drool: :thud:
Seriously. :drool: I don’t think I’ve ever seen Jemaine as sensuous looking onstage as when he played YDLMA in Vegas. I can’t explain it exactly, he was just completely immersed & so was I. He really did it to us alright and it was magical.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah I really like YDLMA too. I voted for it. Sorry nonch. ;) Nonch should post the picture she made for it that she didn't get to use though, it was really cool.

The poster category was so hard to vote for, I liked them all. I disagree with the best Jemaine tour pic though, sorry if the person who took it is on this forum. It's a nice picture but I thought one of the first two should have won. Jemaine's eyes looked so beautiful in both of them. :heart:

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge - what's important now is how good we look at the awards ceremony, lol. ;) SW you look amazing but I seem to remember you wore that same "outfit" last year. :snakeman: People will talk. I think Kathy Gifford already tweeted some catty tweet about it. She's just jealous. ;)

So, I Simpsonized myself all up and I think I look great... if I was going to go work out in the yard. :?

Clearly this is not going to cut it for some fancy awards ceremony. So I borrowed a dress from Jessica Rabbit.

What a difference, huh? And look who I met on the red carpet! I didn't get to talk to him much though, he seemed preoccupied with finding the buffet. Hopefully I'll catch up to him later though. I mean, it's not like I even won anything... I'm basically just here for the after party. ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:07 pm

mockingbird wrote: I disagree with the best Jemaine tour pic though;)
That was an impossible category & I didn't think any of the nominees were the best so I can't remember if I voted or not.
mockingbird wrote: SW you look amazing but I seem to remember you wore that same "outfit" last year. :snakeman: People will talk. I think Kathy Gifford already tweeted some catty tweet about it. She's just jealous. ;)
:D IIRC correctly I wore it for Jemaine's birthday, not for last year's awards but I wear it for any occasion that excites me. :P

I don't know how you guys are getting fancy clothes on your Simpsonized alter egos, all I can get is a t shirt and jeans.

BTW my atheist comment in my acceptance speech is a direct quote from Ricky Gervais' sign off on the Golden Globes the other night, just throwing that out there coz it might seem kind of random if you don't know the reference. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:11 pm

SheWolf wrote:IIRC correctly I wore it for Jemaine's birthday, not for last year's awards but I wear it for any occasion that excites me. :P

Who can blame you? ;)

I don't know how you guys are getting fancy clothes on your Simpsonized alter egos, all I can get is a t shirt and jeans.

I told you, I borrowed it from Jessica Rabbit.

BTW my atheist comment in my acceptance speech is a direct quote from Ricky Gervais' sign off on the Golden Globes the other night, just throwing that out there coz it might seem kind of random if you don't know the reference. :wink:

I didn't know the reference but it semeed to fit anyway, lol.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Mock I hear you are responsible for the tissue box on the BBC winning interview. Nice work! :clap: :clap: Poor J was so snotty then I just wanted to lay him down and rub vicks vapor rub on his um...chest. Yup. :worry:

Were you also responsible for the howling wolf?
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:
eorious wrote:I wonder what the award for Jemaine's crotch would have been, had it won...? :hrm:

*sigh* I guess we'll never know. I was shocked and dissapointed that it didn't win. I really wanted to get my hands on that one.

Nonch, only your hands?? haha :halo: :roll2: :rolls: :bounce: :eyelashes:

:topic:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Venus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:07 pm

I absolutely love the details on the frames of each award! Very fitting and clever! :clap:

Looking good, mock! :thumb:

I'm not surprised the World Tour t-shirt won but I am surprised the Sharpie t-shirt won as well so it resulted in a tie. I'm personally more of a fan of the glitter t-shirt. The photo of Jemaine smiling is cute but I didn't expect it to win. It wasn't taken by someone on here, it was taken by Zak Milofsky.

I love 1353 for its witty lyrics and the fact that it's a completely different take on a love song but You Don't Love Me Anymore does have a great melody to it and I think I've ended up listening to it more these days than 1353 so it's pretty close for me. I wish I got to hear You Don't Love Me Anymore live though. :tears: ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords