It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:08 am

Request, do you have this photo?

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Request, do you have this photo?

Postby vestedinterest » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Can somebody give me a larger version of this photo, http://i25.tinypic.com/xqdqax.jpg?

I want to make it my background so badly but they are all so small when I find versions on google image...

I would appreciate it a lot!
Thank you
vestedinterest
New arrival

Re: Request, do you have this photo?

Postby Great H » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Not me sorry, but I'm quite sure somebody here will!
Welcome to our forum BTW! :wave: :D
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby vestedinterest » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:10 am

Hahah thank you. I've lurked here for long enough haha.
You would think my obsession with the tv show and the guys would die down but it hasn't! :p
vestedinterest
New arrival

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:26 am

That's why we're here! :D

Welcome, vestedinterest! :wave:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi! :welcome: Congrats on delurking! Cool name. Why did you pick it?

vestedinterest wrote:You would think my obsession with the tv show and the guys would die down but it hasn't! :p

You are in the right place, my new friend. :lol: Where are you from? What hooked you on FotC?

Sadly after a quick perusal of my modest photo stash, I do not have those two particular photos any larger than that. :dunno: I've got several other larger pics identical in subject and attire, but unfortunately not in expression.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:...my modest photo stash
:roll2:
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Sherry » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah Ms Nonch is the queen of understatement eh :lol:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby mockingbird » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:31 pm

I looked too and I didn't have it any bigger either.

Isn't "Vested Interest" supposedly one of the early names they thought of before FOTC? :hrm:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Venus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi there, vestedinterest! :wave: Don't think I have those pics either, sorry. Anyway, welcome to the forum! :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:50 pm

I took it to Paint and enlarged it.....I think it's a bit blurry, but it's the best I can do. I'm sure someone else can do better! Welcome, btw! :)

If you take it to your own Paint and enlarge it by 200% and then make it your desktop background, it'll take up the entire screen. When I try to do it from the pic showing here, it's bigger than the original, but not full-screen. So you may want to try that!
Attachments
BretJem2.jpg
BretJem2.jpg (33.84 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby vestedinterest » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:27 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Hi! :welcome: Congrats on delurking! Cool name. Why did you pick it?

vestedinterest wrote:You would think my obsession with the tv show and the guys would die down but it hasn't! :p

You are in the right place, my new friend. :lol: Where are you from? What hooked you on FotC?

Sadly after a quick perusal of my modest photo stash, I do not have those two particular photos any larger than that. :dunno: I've got several other larger pics identical in subject and attire, but unfortunately not in expression.

Lmao! My modest collection is growing with time. This forum, actually, is really helpful. Does anyone have a video of Jemaine speaking Maori by the way? I hear this is rumoured to exist :o

But really, thank you for the warm welcome! I annoyed my roommate to death already. I think Vested Interest was one of the earlier names of FOTC (as mockingbird pointed out below :D )

I think Bret was Mustache and Jemaine was Vested Interest. I thought it was cute.

I am from San Francisco, CA-- hometown of Arj Barker. I'm a fan of dead pan and awkward so FOTC was the best thing I had ever seen. Not to mention both Bret and Jemaine are gorgeous, but they both grew on me as I watched the show. I talked to Jemaine via myspace messages and he was really nice, so that only fed the adoration.

I actually found a version big enough this morning so the search can end now! Thank you for helping me out LauraK :) Mine is slightly blurry as well but barely noticeable.
vestedinterest
New arrival

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:21 am

The little photo hunt was fun! I hadn't seen the Maxim shoot video in a long time. Too long. :lol:

Did you ever see the Conchords in concert when they were out your way?

Idk about the video of Jemaine...maybe this interview? I don't have time to listen, but if you go to the main What the Folk! Webpage, the search tool is quite handy. Oh and I'd love to hear what Big J had to say to you on myspace. :D
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby vestedinterest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 am

No!!! I didn't see them though there were in Berkeley :(
I'm not sure why I didn't go because the Greek Theatre was right behind my school dorm, so I could've just listened for free. Kicking myself in the balls so hard. Poor life choices! I fear I will never be able to see them live :/

As for the myspaceing, I just asked Jemaine a bunch of random questions. His favorite tea is green tea, he and Bret took a bunch of clothes from the FOTC set but don't wear them because he's afraid people will think "ew, he's poor now" or "ew, he's trying to get recognised." He said growing up with mixed ethnicities made him feel like a "racism spy" and I certainly identify with that, being of mixed races myself.

I thought they were going to be in Vegas in May because that's what it says on their band site but he told me that the dates were for 2010 not 2011. Which I should've known, but I had been so excited that I didn't really think about it at the time. Boo /shame/

Thanks for the link by the way! I am such a sucker for their faces I've stuck mostly to video clips when I knowww there are tons of radio stuff out there as well.

Did you get to see them live? I would die if I saw Jemaine in his ridiculous short shorts or Bret in a tiger glitter leotard... Also, what is your favorite photo of the duo? :)
vestedinterest
New arrival

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:59 pm

vestedinterest wrote:Poor life choices!

:rolls: :rolls:

It was a lovely night in Berkeley I've been told...you probably could have heard them. :heart:

vestedinterest wrote:As for the myspaceing, I just asked Jemaine a bunch of random questions. His favorite tea is green tea, he and Bret took a bunch of clothes from the FOTC set but don't wear them because he's afraid people will think "ew, he's poor now" or "ew, he's trying to get recognised." He said growing up with mixed ethnicities made him feel like a "racism spy" and I certainly identify with that, being of mixed races myself.

Aw cool! Thanks for sharing that. He's just so naturally funny isn't he? The clothes from the show are pretty iconic. :lol: I can almost imagine him wanting to wear the denim snap up...but no... :hrm: ...what would people think?.... :roll2: Very interesting as well about the 'racism spy' comment as well. Is that like those awkward moments when a conversation turns to a sensitive area and you don't know whether to speak up right away or see if the group will aright itself? I don't experience racism, (except sometimes in Europe) :wink: but I've certainly been in that position over beliefs/opinions that I hold dear. I like imagining Jemaine as a spy...he's probably not able to be terribly covert anymore tho. Pretty much burned his 'cover' on the HBO show. :thumb: It's obvious that his ethnic background is not an issue to him... but yeah, you can't just go around preemptively blurting out things that may not be obvious. :lol:

Nice selection of questions! They are so good to the fans. :)

vestedinterest wrote:I fear I will never be able to see them live :/ I thought they were going to be in Vegas in May because that's what it says on their band site but he told me that the dates were for 2010 not 2011. Which I should've known, but I had been so excited that I didn't really think about it at the time. Boo /shame/

We all have faith that they will return to the stage. :nod: And I can't wait for the day that they update the website with new Tour details! :whitey: Bret has suggested they may tour New Zealand sometime this year. Who knows, they could make California part of Australasia! After all, it was a snap to make the west coast part of the UK. :lol:

vestedinterest wrote:Thanks for the link by the way! I am such a sucker for their faces I've stuck mostly to video clips when I knowww there are tons of radio stuff out there as well.

Oops. I didn't pay attention that you asked for video. :oops: Maybe someone knows of it? I'd like to see it as well if you discover it.

vestedinterest wrote:Did you get to see them live? I would die if I saw Jemaine in his ridiculous short shorts or Bret in a tiger glitter leotard... Also, what is your favorite photo of the duo? :)

I may have seen them once or twice. :hrm: Hmmm I don't really remember...

:P Yes, you really do think you will die...but somehow you survive...the spandex and the amazing music...Bret and Jemaine and Nigel RIGHT THERE...the dancing!...sugalumps being thrust about...and the banter! oh the banter! :heart: They sound so fantastic live, the old favorites and the new songs. You really mustn't miss it if/when they return.

Favorite photo is a tough one. :hrm: I'm at work, but I'll try to post something tomorrow. :) Which one is your favorite?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Venus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks for sharing some details of the messages you've received from Jemaine, vestedinterest. He's so sweet replying to fans over MySpace. I really hope you get to see them live someday, hopefully soon! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Next

Return to Jemaine Clement