It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Bret-spotting

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:58 am

I could email them for you. Not that I would get a reply but I'd be glad to notify them for you.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Andria » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:57 am

Johnnyp wrote:I could email them for you. Not that I would get a reply but I'd be glad to notify them for you.

:lol: Thanks for the offer. Yes, I think a mass bulletin must be sent out when I do eventually enter NZ.
NEWS FLASH
Scary Swoonable American enters New Zealand!
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby jm513 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:34 pm

:roll2:

Ok, so try another tactic........

Hey guys I'm going to be taking a trip to NZ and I wanted to know if you might possibly be playing anywhere during these dates *insert dates here*. This is not too swoony or overly pushy, just asking that as a band are they going to be performing rather than asking them to hang out. And you never know - maybe they'll go "Oh wow look, a cool WTF person is going to be coming here, maybe we should show her around....".... :lol:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby Andria » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:53 am

jm513 wrote::roll2:

Ok, so try another tactic........

Hey guys I'm going to be taking a trip to NZ and I wanted to know if you might possibly be playing anywhere during these dates *insert dates here*. This is not too swoony or overly pushy, just asking that as a band are they going to be performing rather than asking them to hang out. And you never know - maybe they'll go "Oh wow look, a cool WTF person is going to be coming here, maybe we should show her around....".... :lol:

Hmmm. :hrm: Now that is an option. It would be rad if they were playing when I was there.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby jm513 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:24 am

Yes yes! And even if they aren't playing as FOTC, maybe you can catch one of Bret's Ukulele band performances!! :lol:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby beck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:16 am

I read in the latest North and South magazine that Bret's ukelele orchestra play at the De Luxe Cafe in Wellington every Thursday morning.

So if you're here on a Thursday...hmm?

I'm going about investigating this. Last time I went to that cafe it was freakin' tiny.

You so totally should email them, maybe just mention that seeing them play would make you're trip even better! Maybe it'll twist their arms into playing a live show?
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:26 pm

I read in the latest North and South magazine that Bret's ukelele orchestra play at the De Luxe Cafe in Wellington every Thursday morning.

Beck, you must go so that the rest of us Breterosexual Weediacs can live vicariously through you!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Sherry » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:48 pm

beck wrote:I read in the latest North and South magazine that Bret's ukelele orchestra play at the De Luxe Cafe in Wellington every Thursday morning.

One word....

When you go, make sure to take your digicam and come back and share a few pics and a lil old review with us here :lol: :lol: :lol: Please :D

OK, so I fibbed, that was more than one, but hehehe. If you do get to see them perform, I'd love it if you could do a little report for the newsletter though, seriously. And a few pics should you be able :lol: I'm sure people like to know what the guys are up to outside of the Conchords, and its something I shall add to the main Bret section on the site also. His Bit On The Side is looking a little sparse, so the more info the better.

Oooops I almost forgot. Please, pretty pretty please :blush:

*Waits hopefully* :prayer:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby /me » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Good Morning, Miss beck,

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves the investigation of one Mr. Bret McKenzie and his ukelele orchestra. We will require evidence, either photographic or otherwise, and a detailed report of his activities at the De Luxe Cafe in Wellington. As always, should you be caught or killed, WTF will disavow any and all knowledge of your actions.

This message will self-destruct in 5 minutes.

/End Transmission
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!
/me

Postby beck » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:01 am

Sherry, I'll be glad to do a bit for the newsletter. I would be honoured! It's my mission to get there this Thursday, and I'll take along a camera and get a few shots.

Yay, secret agent style-eez.

There are very few things which make me get up early. This is one of them.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck

Postby Sherry » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:07 am

beck wrote:Sherry, I'll be glad to do a bit for the newsletter. I would be honoured! It's my mission to get there this Thursday, and I'll take along a camera and get a few shots.

Yay, secret agent style-eez.

There are very few things which make me get up early. This is one of them.

8) 8) 8)

:D

Looking forward to it :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby beck » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:37 am

Yay!

My studies and the thousands of dollars that I (when I say 'I', I mean 'the government') have spent on them is going to finally pay off. This is the test. Oooh.
beck

Postby Sherry » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:47 pm

beck wrote:Yay!

My studies and the thousands of dollars that I (when I say 'I', I mean 'the government') have spent on them is going to finally pay off. This is the test. Oooh.

As /me said, its a very very secret mission and you should not tell anyone you are going on it. Reveal nothing, even when questioned as to the sanity of getting up before noon to go see a ukelele gig. Especially not to your friends who you are taking along for cover purposes and photo ops (you know the sort, pretent to take a pic of them but zoom in on the person or object behind) 8)

Drop me a PM with the pics and a report when you are safely back at base camp. Roger delta victor, over and out.

8)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby beck » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:00 am

Gah! It's happening tomorrow!

My awesome friend and flat mate is coming along with me with her wicked photography skills. She's a real great photographer.

And if I get enough courage....I'll ask Bret if I can have a photo taken with him. That's if I don't turn into a wobbling pile of goo, which is the most probable thing that will happen.
beck

Postby Deirdre » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:41 pm

Is he playing that gig with the Wellington Ukulele Orchestra? If so, I heard that they have nine members, now. I wonder how they'll fit into a teeny place... :hrm:

If you are hanging out after the show, and Bret is occupied with something else, and you've got a moment... There is a girl with dark hair and bangs (last I saw her) named Gemma who is also in the group. If you catch a moment with her, could you please tell her Dedra says hi? Dedra as in Deidra - the spelling is off, but that's how you pronounce it. I'm the D that she met in Austin while she was filming the documentary.

Of course you will probably be all gaga over Bret, so don't worry about it if it doesn't come to mind.

Have a great time!! I know you will. :yay:
Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie