It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:54 pm

@JemaineC is NOT Jemaine Clement

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

@JemaineC is NOT Jemaine Clement

Postby emira » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm sure most of you know about it, but there are over 10,000 followers on Twitter who have been cheated by the impersonator.

I was sure that @JemaineC is not Jemaine's account, but I was looking for a proof to start the war against the fake Jemaine. Recently my friend found this website, where some girl named Patricia said,

Shhh...since October 2009, I've been tweeting as Jemaine Clement. I decided to take the wheel after discovering a Twitter absence from my number one all-time favorite show, The Flight of the Conchords.

My following has grown to over 3,000 people, gaining more and more each day.

I wrote a post about it on Folk You and I don't know how much it will do, maybe it's just the fight with windmills, but I hope it will at least open some people's eyes.
emira
Half a shapely halibut

Re: @JemaineC is NOT Jemaine Clement

Postby mockingbird » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks for spreading the word emira. :thumb: Though I can't understand how anyone could think that's really Jemaine. :dunno:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:55 pm

The stuff coming out of that JemaineC's mouth was glaringly un Jemainelike.

I rarely check Twitter but I thought legit accounts said Verified on them. :hrm:
Last edited by SheWolf on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Amanda » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Thank you Emira. I looked into Twitter rules and while impersonating someone can result in permanent account suspension, the complaint can only come from the person whose identity is being forged or by a legal representative of that person. :| The rest of us can only report @JemaineC for spam and hope for twitter to block the account.

I can't believe over 10.000 people follow the nonsense that girl writes trusting those are Jemaine's words. It sounds absolutely nothing like him... anyone who's read or seen over two interviews with Jemaine should know that.
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 pm

I don't see it as anything to be upset about. I was following JemaineC for no real reason in particular, I knew it wasn't him & I figured most people with connected brain cells would know it too. Maybe some people are a kind of naive but that's their problem. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby emira » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:34 pm

SheWolf wrote:I rarely check Twitter but I thought legit accounts said Verified on them. :hrm:

I thought about that too. @fotc is verified, but on the other hand, @TaikaWaititi isn't and we know it's him.
Amanda wrote:Thank you Emira. I looked into Twitter rules and while impersonating someone can result in permanent account suspension, the complaint can only come from the person whose identity is being forged or by a legal representative of that person. :|

Yeah, I know. :|
The rest of us can only report @JemaineC for spam and hope for twitter to block the account.

Not sure if what she does is spamming. She follows only 22 people, has 37 tweets. I don't know if we were treated seriously.
I can't believe over 10.000 people follow the nonsense that girl writes trusting those are Jemaine's words. It sounds absolutely nothing like him... anyone who's read or seen over two interviews with Jemaine should know that.

Or read his MySpace blog posts. :roll:

I like what one girl said about it (btw, she's from Spain, Amanda ;) ),
@FOTCfolkyou I´ve always suspected it, therefore i decided not to follow that account. you know, the sense of humor in her tweets has nothing to do witn jemaine´s one, it´s so talentless. i remember to feel a great disapointment the first time I read it, i was like: s***, real jemaine looks such a dick in twitter. then i thought, wait, this person isn´t him. also, when i found that tweet about feeling so in love whit a girl named patricia, for me, it was de final evidence that jamainec was a impersonation
emira
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Venus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks for posting this, emira. :thumb:

I hope this situation can be resolved somehow real soon because even though it's massively obvious to us that it's not him, there's still far too many people out there who think that's actually Jemaine.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Return to Jemaine Clement