It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Bret in The Outback

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Bret in The Outback

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:16 am

Looks like Bret's gonna be in a new animated feature :D :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1867086/
weirdly enough... I auditioned for this. For the part of Charlotte. but they went for an adult i guess :lol: BUT... i did read a version of the script and Bret's character(Hamish, lol) is a director for this reality tv show(or something) for this albino koala, Johnny, who charlotte's in love with(but she's like 6) and he's in love with her older sister Miranda. So I basically had to say in a 6 year old aussie accent, "Oh, that Miranda's so bossy! Why won't Miranda leave you alone?" :roll2: now i'm just imagining what would have happened if i had gotten that part...
Welcome to my patio of death.
MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Bret in The Outback

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:28 am

Oh wow, thanks so much for letting us know, MMS! Aww, I'm sorry you didn't get the part though. Can't wait to read more about it. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby eorious » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 am

Wow, Tim Curry, Alan Cumming, Norm MacDonald AND Bret. That would have been so cool if you had gotten the part! Although I suppose voice actors don't actually work together usually, do they? It still would have been really cool, that's too bad MMS. :(
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:12 am

Awww, MMS, sorry you didn't get it. Who's your voiceover agent? Sutton, Barth and Vennari, by any chance?
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby LauraK » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks, MMS- this looks great! I love Tim Curry. :heart:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Cool, mms! :thumb: Thanks for the info (and script details). Do you know, are all the characters animals?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:05 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Cool, mms! :thumb: Thanks for the info (and script details). Do you know, are all the characters animals?

I think so. the good guys are koalas and the bad guys are dingoes :lol:
Nancy wrote:Who's your voiceover agent?

CESD :dunno:
Welcome to my patio of death.
MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Bret as a koala? He is cute and furry. :lol: Thanks. I wonder if there will be any singing?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Venus » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Bret's updated IMDB profile reminded me of this film so I decided to have a look if there was any more info floating around and found out that this was released in South Korea last month as 'Koala Kid' but using dubbed voiceovers. There's quite a lot of promo on the Internet although the webpages are mostly in Korean but I've been able to make out some stuff. I thought Bret's part was gonna be quite small but it seems as thought Hamish is in the top 3 major characters so it's actually a pretty big role. :)

Description:
"The Outback" is a co-production between South Korea and the USA.
Synopsis
On January 2012, an exciting 3D safari adventure starts!
Jani, a lonely circus koala, lands in the middle of the Australian wilderness one day by accident. He becomes the 'Koala Kid' when his greedy manager Hamish, photographer Higgins and himself help a group of animals being bullied by Bog the crocodile and his gang. His new animal friends including the cute koala Charlotte and the beautiful koala Miranda, who believes Jani will protect them from the Bog gang. Hamish and Higgins take advantage of Jani by selling pictures of him. One day, the Bog gang sneaks into the area and kidnaps Charlotte. Everyone tells Jani the 'Koala Kid' to go and save her... but will he be able to become a real hero by defeating the gang and saving Charlotte?

I think this is Hamish but I could be wrong :dunno::

Movie poster:

There is a music video for the film sung by the girl who plays Miranda. So perhaps Bret can lend his voice to an English version of the song. :lol:

A couple of trailers:

&
Venus

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Venus, what a great find! This is too fun. :hug:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 am

I believe that this may be the official movie website http://koalakid2012.co.kr/index.htm

This video is awfully cute.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Venus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:58 pm

No problem! It does look like such a cute movie. Can't wait to eventually hear Bret's voice on it. :)
&
Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Outback is quite innocent and will delight younger viewers
James Luxford
Apr 19, 2012

Outback 3D
Director: Kyung Ho Lee
Starring: Rob Schneider, Bret McKenzie, Alan Cumming

Outback 3D is the latest from The Animation Picture Co, maker of the recent Garfield adventures. The story centres on Johnny, an outcast white koala who joins the circus, where he soon finds fame as a "fearless hero" thanks to his friends, Hamish and Higgins.

However, when a fellow koala is kidnapped by an evil crocodile, Johnny must become a real-life hero to prove himself to the world. Right from its sweeping opening, panning across a vast animated Australian skyline, it's clear that Outback is ambitious, although perhaps more interested in emulating the child-friendly Ice Age movies than the world of Pixar.

The animation is basic compared with those American contemporaries, but throws up the occasional impressive moment.

The real strength of the film, however, is the comedy, evoking a lot of the simple hilarity of old Warner Brothers cartoons, and distracting from what is a very familiar plot (an outcast hero proves himself by performing a daring rescue).

A number of voice-over regulars make up the cast, including Tim Curry in a typically dastardly role, and the comedian Schneider in the central role as Johnny, but it's the Flight of the Conchords actor (and recent Oscar winner) McKenzie as Hamish who wins most of the laughs.

Visuals take centre stage over wacky voices, however, making a relatively simple film seem more varied. It's all quite innocent, and never really impresses beyond the odd successful gag. Still, Outback will delight the younger viewers.

Source

There's also this teaser:
&
Venus

Return to Bret McKenzie