Young Bret!

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Young Bret!

Postby scatteringflowers » Mon May 02, 2011 4:38 pm

He totally looks like Bret... he was a really cute boy. :)
I thought he sang in italian too! It could have been lot of fun for me to hear if only it have been true :lol:
scatteringflowers
Lost but happy at sea

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 02, 2011 4:43 pm

I wish some pictures of Jemaine as a kid would turn up. Unfortunately I don't think he did any performing when he was a child so I doubt they ever will unless one of his old schoolmates posts a class picture on Facebook or something.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby LauraK » Mon May 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Well, there is that footage of him in a play when he was young...it's here somewhere. nonch will know. :D (Unless I dreamed it, lol...)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 pm

LauraK wrote:Well, there is that footage of him in a play when he was young...it's here somewhere. nonch will know. :D (Unless I dreamed it, lol...)

:o Wot?? How did I miss that??
mockingbird

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 02, 2011 7:22 pm

:geek: LauraK, you may be thinking of the vintage footage of wee Bret in The Hobbit. (which is actually quite ironic now, eh?)

I don't recall anything with a young Jemaine tho. :dunno:

Venus, I spent a bit of time digging for that ice cream commercial when that article came out. I couldn't find anything. I would LOVE for that ad to turn up.

Heehee! You guys should rent Oliver. :nod: Oliver Reed is so very, very good being really, really bad. And Jack Wild you may remember from HR Pufnstuf. He sublimely plays the Artful Dodger.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Oliver Reed? Guh, he's awesome. I shall rent.

I can't imagine Jemaine as a child at all. He only exists in adult terms to me so seeing anything of him as a kid would weird me out.

I believe Laura is referring to Bret little kid acting video not Jemaine.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 02, 2011 7:45 pm

SheWolf wrote:Oliver Reed? Guh, he's awesome. I shall rent.

Seriously. :drool: He's almost hunky enough (and those eyes!) to make you understand why Nancy won't leave him. almost. :lol:

Aw SW, you never looked at pics of a boyfriend when he was just a lad!?!?!? (you know...trying to imagine what your kids might look like?) :wink: It doesn't weird me out at all.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 02, 2011 7:52 pm

When I think of Oliver Reed I think first of The Devils - what a wonderfully perverse film. :twisted: And what a sexy, charasmatic, intense so and so he seemed to be.

nonchalant obsession wrote:Aw SW, you never looked at pics of a boyfriend when he was just a lad!?!?!? (you know...trying to imagine what your kids might look like?) :wink: It doesn't weird me out at all.
A boyfriend yes, but not to imagine what potential offspring would look like. Jemaine no. Besides, even if I wanted kids (which I don't) I wouldn't need any old J photo to know our kids would be tallish with green eyes & good shoulders. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 pm

I think seeing or learning about the child can give some understanding of the adult. :D :P What's weird about it anyway? :lol: I adore the closing scene (?) in Bridget Jones's Diary where it shows the child Bridget and young Darcy at the birthday party. Too adorable, and quite telling. :heart:

Seeing Bret and learning of his experiences as a young boy perhaps gives us a bit of insight into his ease with audiences now. It makes me think that he's always enjoyed entertaining and has probably been delighting crowds most of his life. :heart:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 02, 2011 8:16 pm

I was only talking about Jemaine so I'll get out of the Bret section now since I have nothing constructive to add to a Bret discussion.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Ha, for once I actually stayed on-topic and my brain was indeed thinking of young Bret in that Hobbit play- (which is why I thought nonch would know) so thanks nonch & SW. :)

I bet Jemaine as a child gets a bit geekier the further back we'd go....I think I'd get all motherly and "awwwww!" and protective and that's not how I want to feel in regards to Jemaine.....but then again I bet he was the cutest little guy!!

no! he's big! He has manly shoulders and a gorgeous big head and jaw and all that lovely hair.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Tue May 03, 2011 3:06 am

Ah yes, "Oliver!" I did the show, and played...Nancy, of course! At the time, domestic abuse wasn't in the spotlight, and quite honestly I don't think was even brought up during rehearsal - how times change. I'm sure there would have been quite a discussion about the meanness of Bill Sikes, why did Nancy stay with him, etc. I gotta admit, I had a great time singing the crap out of As Long As He Needs Me. And Bretty would have been an outstanding Oliver.
Okay, I'm blending Spanish and Italian here:
(to be sung to the tune of "Where Is Love?) "Donde Esta Amor?" :sing:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue May 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Nancy! You are the PERFECT Nancy! :D You've got the killer voice, bod and general gorgeousness...not to mention the red hair. I'm sure you slayed that song. What a great role! Can you imagine playing young, saucy Nancy to the child actor Bret? :roll2: I believe 'Oliver' had more than just a little crush on 'Nancy'. :eyelashes: And she found him irresistible as well. :wink:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 pm

LauraK wrote:Ha, for once I actually stayed on-topic and my brain was indeed thinking of young Bret in that Hobbit play-

Oh... heh heh. :oops: I thought you were talking about Jemaine. Sorry!
mockingbird

Postby scatteringflowers » Tue May 03, 2011 5:30 pm

I bet Jemaine as a child gets a bit geekier the further back we'd go....I think I'd get all motherly and "awwwww!" and protective and that's not how I want to feel in regards to Jemaine.....but then again I bet he was the cutest little guy!!

no! he's big! He has manly shoulders and a gorgeous big head and jaw and all that lovely hair.....

I think the same about the geeky bit
:lol:
I'd like to see him as a child though :nod:
scatteringflowers
Lost but happy at sea

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie