It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:19 am

Rhys starring in the film 'Coming & Going'

Rhys Darby, the legend that is Murray. Everything and anything to do with Rhys post it here please.

Moderator: Venus

Re: Rhys starring in the film 'Coming & Going'

Postby Faith » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 am

I just saw Rhys post that on Twitter. Already set the dvr. :)
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Great H » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:35 pm

And can someone upload to Megavideo or Megaupload so those of us to which TNT means absolutely nothing can see it too?!!
Big thank you hug in advance...
:hug:
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:25 pm

OK who saw it?!
Any good??
Great H

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:06 am

I saw it. It was a bit uneven. Rhys was very entertaining (though his makeup/spraytan? was a bit distracting) and I really liked Fionnula Flanagan as his Aunt. :clap: Sasha Alexender, the lead actress was just beautiful and did fairly well in the role, I think the premise was good...maybe the script was to blame? :dunno: There were some hilarious parts, some really dumb parts and some really nice/sincere parts. I don't know how to put it online or I would have, GH. It might benefit from another viewing, but honestly I don't think I would sit through it again. :worry:

(he's positively orange!)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Faith » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:36 am

My dvr cut off at the end (lost signal because it was raining) but I saw most of it. I agree with what nonch said and I thought the parts with Sasha Alexander's sister & husband seemed weird and out of place.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Great H » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Faith wrote:My dvr cut off at the end (lost signal because it was raining) but I saw most of it. I agree with what nonch said and I thought the parts with Sasha Alexander's sister & husband seemed weird and out of place.

Hmmm... :hrm: Currently NZ still has analogue TV but next year that will end and it'll be 100% digitial (which is anoying since I don't have, and can't get, any kind of aerial other than bunny ears - so no more TV for me unless I move house - Bah!) and I was wondering what'd happen when the bad weather strikes. I'd already noticed when housesitting for people who have SKY (our satellite TV service) that it cut out in bad weather and now, it seems, ALL our TV will. Whose stupid idea was it to drop analogue TV altogether?! *sigh*

Anyways, I guess it's not so surprising the film is a bit patchy - since it went straight to TV and never got a cinematic release - or did it? And Rhys IS alarmingly orange if Nonch's pic is to be believed! :lol:
Great H

Previous

Return to Rhys Darby