What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
Great H
 Post subject: Re: Bret to star in "Austenland"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 pm 
Stop touching the monkeys

While you're over there Biscuit... they're repeating the radio show on BBC Radio 4! Starting August 2nd...

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:43 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

They've been filming for about a month already? I heard that Orlando Bloom was spotted in Wellington (presumably to begin his bit on The Hobbit), I wonder if Bret will have to head down under himself soon?

I love Twitter for all the bits of info, and Shannon Hale's blog too of course. Night shoots...cast in stitches... Any guesses on which scene Shannon Hale is referring to in this blog entry? http://oinks.squeetus.com/

Venus
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:08 pm 
She did indeed have the time of her life

The night scene which is quite short in the book but expanded for screenplay? Hmm...I was thinking it could be the ball towards the end of the book with the paper lanterns and string lights, but that seems like a major scene in the book anyway. The "quieter, smaller" scenes could be the night scenes when Jane sneaks off to see Martin so involving only Bret and Keri? I'm trying to think of all the night scenes..:hrm:

Jennifer Coolidge posted this pic on Twitter of her, Keri and Jerusha. :)

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

4everconchordsfan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:38 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

I am about halfway through the book. I love it!

I love the fact that James Callis (Col. Andrews) was Tom in Bridget Jone's Diary. :) Maybe someone said that already. I may be a bit behind but will catch up soon enough. I really don't want it all to end.

I cannot wait to see Bret playing those steamy night scenes :heart: :heart:

Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Venus
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:41 pm 

Awesome, 4ever! We also have a separate discussion thread in the Cohorts section where we are discussing the book so feel free to share your thoughts on the book in more detail in that thread. :)

4everconchordsfan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:43 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Venus wrote:
Awesome, 4ever! We also have a separate discussion thread in the Cohorts section where we are discussing the book so feel free to share your thoughts on the book in more detail in that thread. :)

Awww, thanks Venus. I have been dying to discuss certain scenes. I look forward to seeing ya there.

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:18 pm 

Well Miss Charming is exactly as I would have her! Nice photo. :)

Ricky Whittle knows how to tease...

Ricky Whittle wrote:
Ha ha just got to my trailer on set and this is my selection of wardrobe today...pool scenes hmmmm
http://lockerz.com/s/128262221

Ricky Whittle wrote:
@JeffroBrazier yeah buddy on set for 7am but would like to be wearing as much as a vest!! Pool scene in tight Lycra swim shorts!! Snuuuug ha

Ricky Whittle wrote:
Had a great morning shootin with hilarious Brett Mckenzie,Jj field & comedy genius @jamescallis Sat in my budgy smugglers in sun by pool ha

Ricky Whittle wrote:
Night shoots again this week but what a funny days shooting yesterday by the pool in my toight swim trunks,hilarious banter

Ricky Whittle's Twitter feed wrote:
Whatever doesn't make the film has to be in the bonus material cos it's been priceless! @jamescallis ,brett Mckenzie,Jj field genius actors

O course all I can think of is this. :blush: I don't remember any skimpy-togs-by-the-pool scene in the book. :hrm: I'm not complaining though, :wink: bring on the eye candy! :popcorn:

These look like they're from Austenland....James Callis tweeted them from his trailer. Looking good, sir. 8)

Source

Last edited by nonchalant obsession on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venus
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:33 pm 

Great, looking forward to reading about your thoughts on the book, 4ever!

Haha, yes I've enjoyed reading little teasers from Ricky's & other cast members' tweets & and I don't recall any pool scenes in the book either but I'm fine with that too. ;) They all seem to be having such a good time on set.

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:51 pm 

Shannon Hale wrote:
JJ Feild's black hat in #Austenland was Colin Firth's in Pride & Prejudice! #TruthCoolerThanFiction

This is getting a bit meta, what with James C from Bridget Jones' Diary, JJ from Northanger Abbey and now Colin's hat from P&P? :rolleyes: Perhaps they'll show 'Martin' watching FotC on the telly! :lol:

Viry cool, though. I wonder how that came about?

Venus
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:26 pm 

Quote:
Bret + Jane + Nelly
12 August, 2011 | By Wendy Mitchell

What happens with Flight of the Conchords star Bret McKenzie starts gyrating in Regency attire…

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of going to West Wycombe to visit the set of Austenland, which marks the directorial debut of Jerusha Hess (the wife and collaborator of Napoleon Dynamite director Jared Hess).

From the few hours I spent on set, this film already looks hilarious. It’s the story of a somewhat geeky New York woman who is obsessed with Jane Austen’s Mr. Darcy in Pride & Prejudice; she gets the trip of a lifetime to go on a Regency-themed holiday in the English countryside.

I witnessed Bret McKenzie from Flight of the Conchords grinding up on Keri Russell, all the while wearing regency finery. Oh, and did I mention a Nelly song was playing? What more do you want from a film, people?

The whole cast and crew was in hysterics as McKenzie (not a shy one!) was doing some impromptu choreography for this fantasy dance sequence, leading the gyrations from James Callis, Ricky Whittle, Rupert Vansittart, and JJ Feild (who producer Stephenie Meyer — yes, she of Twilight fame — touted as the next Hugh Grant or Colin Firth).

Screen Star of Tomorrow Georgia King was also gamely showing her comedy chops in an intentionally hammy choral piece at the piano.

Jane Seymour even got her personal camera out to take a snapshot to remember it by. All in all, it seemed like the happiest and most relaxed set I’ve ever visited. Although that was before night shoots were about to kick in…

Stay tuned to Screen in coming weeks for more about the film and my visit on set.

Source

So excited for this film! :D

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:56 pm 

Quote:
I witnessed Bret McKenzie from Flight of the Conchords grinding up on Keri Russell, all the while wearing regency finery. Oh, and did I mention a Nelly song was playing?

Bret McKenzie is clearly the perfect male for me. :lol: This is almost torture. I mean these

are 3 of my favorite people! :roll2:

Quote:
The whole cast and crew was in hysterics as McKenzie (not a shy one!) was doing some impromptu choreography for this fantasy dance sequence, leading the gyrations from James Callis, Ricky Whittle, Rupert Vansittart, and JJ Feild...

I am having some difficulty with my composure...Bret grinding...Bret's gyrations...Bret wearing regency finery...

:thud: :thud: :thud:

And wow, I'm not the only one with a Bret dance sequence fantasy. :purple: And we get to (hopefully) see it on the big screen!!! :whitey: :whitey: Someone pinch me. This can't really be happening. :D

I hope we do get more info from Wendy Mitchell! (where are the pictures?!?!) Wow, just look at West Wycombe will you...
http://www.google.com/search?q=west+wyc ... 24&bih=625

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks, Venus!

Venus
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:14 pm 

Looks like we'll definitely be learning more about Wendy's visit on set soon and hopefully there'll be pics (maybe videos?!). Can't wait!

:whitey: :supz:

LauraK
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:12 pm 
Boom King!

Wow....this is going to be such a fabulous movie!

nonch- how will you be able to see it with other people around and not make embarrassing noises?! :drool: :lol:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:00 pm 

OMG, I don't know. :worry: I'm nearly unable to contain myself right now in the office just reading about it! :blush:

Venus! Do you know something? :) ( :pray: )

Venus
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 pm 

Haha, I wish! I'm just referring to the last line of the article: "Stay tuned to Screen in coming weeks for more about the film and my visit on set." ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next