It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 am

Bret-spotting

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 3:23 pm

:whitey:

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Bret AND Age!

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

:whitey:

:macarena: :nana:

:thud:

(I'm a little excited about it all, as you can see. Imagine if I were actually there in Wellington!) :love:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby jm513 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:32 pm

breath in...........breath out
breath in...........breath out..............

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so cool Indy!! While I realize that money can't buy happiness - it could sure by elation for a day! Wouldn't it be nice to win the lotto and hop on a plane over there?
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 6:35 pm

Heh. Don't think it didn't cross my mind, as I do have to go to the airport today to pick up the boyfriend. :wink:

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones

Postby jm513 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:43 pm

credit cards can be beautiful things! :lol:
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 6:54 pm

I have to keep telling myself that with the time difference, I would never make it anyway. Although it would be so much more fun to respond in person to the last e-mail I got from him. It's not helping that I'm listening to his City Chorus CD right now, either. *melts*

indigo_jones

Postby jm513 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:59 pm

You got another email from him! How cool! I knew about one - I didn't realize there were more! I am SOOOOOOOO out of the loop!!!!!
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 7:33 pm

I've actually had two or three. I keep waiting for my luck to run out. :wink: I try to sound sane in the e-mails. I save the manic gushing for here. :lol:

indigo_jones

Postby jm513 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:22 pm

:lol: :lol: That's so cool!

I can somewhat keep my cool in emails - although I do tend to ramble on, but in person is always a kicker. I'm just not really sure what happens to my brain.....
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby beck » Fri May 05, 2006 8:48 am

Ok. Unfortunatley I didn't take a camera, and only found out about this library thing an hour before it happened. Thanks indigo for the info!!

But I went along, and it was very good. There were lots of children there, dancing and being cute and stuff. They played for NZ Music Month, and pulled out some Kiwi classics, and then some international hits. They wanted to get people to sing along, I did, but I was standing on the balcony with a bunch of old people who weren't getting their groove on, so I grooved by myself. They even said that we who were standing on the balcony looked ominous, like from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

It was very good. My deepest apologies that I couldn't get photos. And again, thanks for letting me know, I don't know what I would do without this place!

And also, just a question. Please don't lynch me. Who is Age Prior? *ducks flying bottles*
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin
beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Fri May 05, 2006 8:53 am

Don't worry about the photos, a report still rocks! Sounds like a lotta fun go Music Month wooooo!
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'
Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby indigo_jones » Fri May 05, 2006 10:32 pm

Ah, I'm so glad you at least got to go, beck! The Rocky Horror comment gives me a giggle, as I used to go quite regularly back in high school. hee!

As for Age Pryor, here's his page for his album City Chorus over at the Loop site, and if you go to his page at Amplifier, you can see the video for Leave It All Behind, and hear Spacevictorious. You can also see the video for Singing In My Soul here (scroll down a bit. It's listed under Fly My Pretties - Singing In My Soul). Three different songs and styles, but gives you an idea of what he does. I have become a huge fan of his. I was hooked on City Chorus after just one listen and I think I've listened to it (or parts of it) every day since. Just gorgeous and really well done. Homerecordings, which he did with Tessa Rain, is another stunning album. I really can't say enough good things about his music. Just incredible!

indigo_jones

Postby Andria » Sat May 06, 2006 4:20 am

Thanks for the report, beck! No worries about pictures. :D It's so great having someone actually go to these gigs. I can live vicariously through you. :lol:

Ah, I see Jones has given you the lowdown. Age Pryor rocks! 8) I love his work in Fly My Pretties. Homerecordings is just lovely, and City Chorus has even more goodness. You should take a looksie.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Sherry » Wed May 10, 2006 10:02 pm

OK, who is Age Pryor?

And don't make me Google :lol:

:sofa:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby indigo_jones » Wed May 10, 2006 10:07 pm

Sherry, look at my post just above. Tons of links to Age Pryor, aka Adrian "The Rattlesnake" Pryor, aka the one Bret gives a shout-out to at the end of "Nothing Wrong". :wink: A lovely lovely man who has worked with Bret on various things. For one thing, he played on the Video Kid album (and the live-to-air Video Kid performance on Radio Active). Bret also did some sound and backing vocals on Age's previous albums. Plus, now there's the whole ukulele thing. Very talented.

indigo_jones

Postby Sherry » Wed May 10, 2006 10:11 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Sherry, look at my post just above.

Ah yes, that one. With the green links in :blush: Blimey I must be either a) tired of b) old, cause I missed that completely :roll:

Thanks Indy :thanks:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie