It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:26 am

Despicable Me

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: Despicable Me

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 pm

If this is old I apologize. Just found some clarification about who Jemaine voiced in Despicable Me, that helped me out with my curiosity.

I was on a movie site where they had a bunch of caps from this movie. The captions below read something like this: "Gru separating 2 minions from fighting (voiced by Jemaine Clement)" and another showing another the kids wrapping one minion up in tp and they say "minions voiced by Jemaine Clement" and again when they are carrying the shrink machine into Grus vehicle and a more, all say "voiced by Jemaine Clement" so he was the voice for the two 'lead' guys in certain scenes, hard to tell tho ! :lol:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:34 am

OH! When I watched Despicable Me, i was confused too, because he didn't seem to have any part at all besides like 1 or 2 lines as minions. But now I know the guy who wrote it and he told me that Jemaine had a bigger part, but the part got cut in a rewrite and jemaine got stuck with the tiny parts of the minions. i hope that helps :D also apparently they're making a sequel... maybe he'll get a part in that! :D
Welcome to my patio of death.
MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SuzyBatt » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:29 am

Cool, thanks for that insight and advance info MinorMajor! 8)

And welcome! :wave: Care to tell us about yourself here?
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:29 pm

I got the DVD yesterday. He doesn't appear in the "voices of Despicable Me," but his name is still on the credits. The minions are credited to the director and producer. I can see him being in that more than Jack Brewer, who has like two lines, but maybe he wasn't available or something.

I recommend getting the package with the extra little DVD on it - there are three extremely funny cartoon just featuring the minions, the best being "Banana" which is completely anarchic and silly.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:22 pm

They showed "Banana" on TV when the dvd was coming out - it was adorable.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:46 am

I watched this movie over the weekend. Cute. I was verklempt at the end.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Venus » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Looks like Jemaine is going to feature in the sequel, Despicable Me 2 as MMS pointed out:

Universal has also said most of the rest of the rest of the cast - including Cosgrove, Gaier, Fisher, Julie Andrews (who voices Gru's mom), Russell Brand (Dr. Nefario), plus various Minion voices Jemaine Clement, Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin - will return for the sequel. There's as yet no word on whether this announcement will include Jason Segel - whose villainous Vector ended the movie stranded on the Moon.

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Oh, I hope it's going to be good! That odd little movie has proven to have some staying power at my house.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Mine too. It's adorable. But this news makes me laugh. Can any of you even tell which minion was voiced by Jemaine? :rolleyes:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby mockingbird » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:26 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:But this news makes me laugh. Can any of you even tell which minion was voiced by Jemaine? :rolleyes:

I had the same reaction, lol. I thought he voiced some of Tim but then he had to quit so the director or someone did most of it...? And anyway, the minions all sound the same, so who cares? :lol: Maybe in the sequel one minion will have a baritone. :pray: :lol: I did like this movie though so even if I can't tell which minion is Jemaine, I'll probably still go see it and just pretend all the minions are him. ;) (Sorry other voice actors.)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Previous

Return to Jemaine Clement