It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:47 pm

R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion (Part 2)

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: R-R-R-R-Random Jemaine Discussion (Part 2)

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 am

:shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:

Okay, I'm deleting it. It was up for a while, wasn't it? :oops:

Eek, I can't delete it, have no power here. :albi:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:01 am

Mwa ha ha ha! :lol: (Sorry.) ;)

I was just trying to clarify for those who didn't know what the acronym meant. :halo:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 am

Well, you did a pretty good clarification! :wink:

I was surprised because I was edited by the robot for using the past tense of the other word for pee along with "off". So my statement read "peed off". So weird that your word made it through. :puzzled:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:47 pm

mockingbird wrote:Mwa ha ha ha! :lol: (Sorry.) ;)

My thoughts exactly. I think we should all start swearing now that Nancy has announced that she has no power. :twisted:
:partyman:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:19 pm

:rolls: Ahh, I may be powerless, but there is one, with the name of a planet, who has more power than I. Wooooooh, :rolleyes:
:yawinkle: :bounce: :yay:
:seesaw:

Yo Venus, anytime you wanna show is fine with me. I can hold them off for a little while.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Venus » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 pm

OK, ladies I'm gonna have to put my Admin hat on and say that we should tone down the discussion, especially since we have young forum members & lurkers. Thanks!
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Clea Fitzpatrick » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:38 am

I'm still laughing over this from the Hobbit advert:

We are looking for MEN & WOMEN for a VARIETY of characters

• MEN – under 5’4” (163cm)
• WOMEN – under 5” (155cm)

Don't know how many women they'll find who are under 5 inches ..... :wink:
"Purpose for the biscuits - you put N/A"

Clea Fitzpatrick
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:14 am

Good eye, Clea! :clap:

Boy, that's a "tall" order to find a woman that short. :roll2:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:31 pm

So Jemaine is co-writing a WWII movie with Taika and they're STILL working on that Vampire movie. :)

Taika Waititi & Jemaine Clement Co-Writing A Comedy About World War II & A Vampire Movie

Actor-writer-director-comedian Taika Waititi has been rising quickly in certain circles. He followed his critically-acclaimed directorial debut "Eagle Vs. Shark" with the coming-of-age dramedy "Boy," the highest grossing film in New Zealand history, slated to make its stateside debut this March. With all involved interested in forgetting his comic relief turn in front of the camera for "Green Lantern," Waititi is eager to return to the director's chair, and has two projects currently brewing. And for writing help, he's enlisted his somewhat more higher profile "Eagle Vs. Shark" leading man Jemaine Clement.

Waititi was cagey about the details at a Manhattan screening of "Boy," only sharing that his next directorial effort will be set in World War II. He would confirm, however, that it was a comedy. "It’s definitely about a kid," he says, comparing the film to "Boy." "I swore I would take a break doing films about kids, but this is an amazing story. It’s a lot funnier [than ‘Boy’] but [its] definitely more heartfelt." While he's still seeking finances, hooking up with his famous co-writer is a bit of a struggle. As he wryly observed regarding "Men In Black 3D" star Clement, "Jemaine and I have very different schedules."

Following the WWII film, he's working with Clement on a project on which they've toiled for six years. Of course, it's a vampire film. "We really thought, oh, you know, no one's doing vampire movies!" Waititi half-joked. "It’s taken so long that vampires are now very uncool," he says about the film, which he would only share would be a comedy. "But we’re hoping to get a chance to make it." In the meantime, Waititi is currently working on an American version of the popular British comedy "The Inbetweeners" for MTV.

"Boy" opens March 2nd.

Source

I wonder if either (or both) of them are doing any of the acting?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 pm

If it weren't for the recent date on the article I'd have thought that story was from a year ago.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:41 pm

The World War II comedy was news to me. I hope their schedules sync up sometime soon.

So did this Vampire movie actually already get made and they are remaking it or what? I just googled it and it took me to a page on this crazy site called "What the Folk!" :wink: and there are reviews of the completed film and everything. Funny stuff.

"A documentary style film about three vampire flatmates Vulvus, Viago and Deacon. (played by Taika, Jemaine and Jonathan Brugh) (who?) the film gives us an insight to the vampires' daily routines, flatting conflicts as well as their late night excursions into Wellington city on Saturday nights. Their 'getting ready' routine for hitting the town was great. Seeing as they don't have reflections, they must rely on each other to make sure they look good."

:roll2:

What we do in the Shadows was screened right after the elusive "Sheep Man" which tantalizes with it's original Flight of the Conchords music. :o Boy, there's a lot of good info on that website. :wink: Also I see that "Shadows" was only 25 minutes long. Taika must be talking about the same movie. Though whether he is serious about the vampire remake I have my doubts. It seems that recently when Kiwi's casually speak of their whims, American reporters take it entirely too seriously. :lol:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:57 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:So did this Vampire movie actually already get made and they are remaking it or what? I just googled it and it took me to a page on this crazy site called "What the Folk!" :wink: and there are reviews of the completed film and everything. Funny stuff.

It seems that recently when Kiwi's casually speak of their whims, American reporters take it entirely too seriously. :lol:

Nonch. :rolls: :roll2: :rolls: :roll2: :rolls: :roll2: :rolls: :roll2: :iloveyou:

Actually I think that it's the fans at the crazy site called "What the Folk" that take kiwi whims so seriously. :nod: :love:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby mockingbird » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:07 am

They mention the vampire thing from time to time and I have no idea what they mean by it. :dunno: Maybe it's just something that they do in their spare time and it's never actually going to be finished, lol. I think maybe they just like pretending to be vampires. ;) Or maybe they really ARE vampires, and it allows them to be themselves without anyone knowing it... :hrm:

It seems that recently when Kiwi's casually speak of their whims, American reporters take it entirely too seriously.

I agree, like the Conchords movie. :roll: Although Rhys fanned the flames himself with his statements about how it's definitely going to happen, etc. He's a real flame fanner. ;)

Has anyone actually seen In the Shadows? I have not. I seem to recall looking for it in the past and having it not be available. I think there was a clip of it at some point, though...?
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Really? I'd like to see that clip if anyone has a link.

I did find this which I assume was written by Jemaine on the subject back in '06.

and a larger poster all in this thread. Google informs me that Jemaine also played a vampire in a Jason Stutter short called Blood Suckers back in '95. Mock, maybe you're right about Jemaine. He probably got tired of being typecast and decided to hide his true nature. :lol:

But this World War II comedy is something new, right? Or am I out of the loop. Taika sounds quite serious about it calling it his next directorial effort.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 pm

I could be wrong but the WW2 thing sounds familiar to me. I don't recall hearing that Jemaine was attached to it before though.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement