It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:21 am

Bret as a guest on Conan

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Bret as a guest on Conan

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:34 am

Short but sweet. :heart: Yes, a bit of the song would have been a nice touch. He was wonderful.

And my favorite, even though it's blurry... :lol:

:heart:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 am

It's on again at 1 AM Eastern time! In 9 minutes! :supz:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:00 am

Aaaaarrrggghh! I don't think I can wait till some random person gets around to loading a link up on tv-links.eu ... they don't understand how badly I want to see this! :lol: One of you lot can post a copy here tho eh? *She said hopefully?* :eyelashes:
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:25 am

I can't help you, Great H, sorry. :dunno:

You've got about 15 minutes til Bret comes on. Hope someone is streaming it for you.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Ack! Sorry, Great H. Here's the video! http://teamcoco.com/video/bret-mckenzie-oscar-nom If you can't view that in NZ let me know. I will get you the video. :)

I love the story about the dog show. Aren't there a couple of instances in the HBO series when they are watching it? :lol: Is it still on, GH?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Bret looked so handsome. :heart: :love: He seemed nervous at the beginning, his foot never stopped moving. It has to be nerve wracking.

Conan did not interview well. I hoped for questions regarding his experiences making the movie, the luncheon he had just attended, the class photo, his plans for the big day. It's too bad that Conan didn't ask him about the projects he had been working on. That would have given Bret a chance to talk about & plug Austenland &/or Two Little Boys. He didn't even ask him about future plans. :tsk:

Hopefully we will get to see Bret doing more appearances. Wouldn't ya just love to see him on Jimmy Fallon? Jimmy does duets with guests, now that's something I'd love to see!
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Bret with The Roots! :sing:

And Jimmy plays games with his guests! :arrow: :fence: :chick: :seesaw: :whip:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Amanda » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Bret looked very handsome and charming.. I love the bits of silver in his beard.
But, seriously, not one question about FOTC ..not even a metion? They were on the show a few years ago (seeveen, but still!) People in the audience seemed to know more about him than Conan... Despite the questions, I really enjoyed seeing Bret again...i love his sense of humor...even when he's not trying to be funny. :lol:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Venus » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Just watched it! Bret looked handsome as usual and came across very well. He did look nervous to begin with but he soon settled into it all. Yeah, I wish a broader range of questions were asked but still, Conan did seem to appreciate Bret being on the show. They talked about FOTC towards the beginning of the interview, Amanda. It's not shown in the video clip available on the site but if you watch the full episode here from the 30 minute mark, you'll be able to see their discussion. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby vmh » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:46 pm

I think Conan did his job fine. They have a limited amount of interview time and going into future plans would take more time than they're given. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the researchers that came up with the interview questions for Conan. Plus, the FIGWIT thing might have been new to them and they got a kick out of it. Not everyone is as up to date on all things Conchords as we are. 8)
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Great H » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:07 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:It's too bad that Conan didn't ask him about the projects he had been working on. That would have given Bret a chance to talk about & plug Austenland &/or Two Little Boys. He didn't even ask him about future plans. :tsk:

He'll ask him that when he's on again AFTER he wins the oscar! :D
That full episode clip doesn't seem to work for me :( but the shorter bret-only clip did :biggrin:
Love that A Dog Show programme he was talking about BTW - stupid stubborn sheep.
Great H

Postby SheWolf » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 am

Great H wrote:Love that A Dog Show programme he was talking about BTW - stupid stubborn sheep.

:roll2: :rolls: That was brilliant. :clap: So many quotables: "The sheep just look arrogantly downhill", " Three sheep who just wouldn't cooperate. They had no idea it was the final & even if they had they probably wouldn't have wanted to help the dog." Bloody sticky sheep! Was that dude wearing stubbies? Don't know how much I could watch of that show though, all that barking gave me a headache. :P
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 am

Oh man. I'm crying! :roll2: :roll2: The voiceover dude was DEAD serious. (wasn't he?) Thanks, GH!!! (it really was riveting. I was trying to "steer" the damn sheep from my chair) :lol:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Great H » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:00 am

No they weren't stubbies SW just good old fashioned walk-shorts. Best worn with knee-socks & sandals as per the video. :nod: :lol: Have to agree about the barking... I remember I always much preferred the event where they try to get the sheep into a pen (after splitting a flock of 6 sheep into 2 sets of 3 - tricky!) cos it was more skill and less barking! (You can see that in part 2 of that video...) :lol:
Great H

Postby mockingbird » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:13 am

SheWolf wrote:"They had no idea it was the final & even if they had they probably wouldn't have wanted to help the dog."

:rolls: That was the best line! :thumb: :lol: Thanks so much for posting that link, Great H! I can actually kind of understand how people would get into that show, lol. When the second dog came on I was like, 'Ooh! I wonder how this one will do!" :lol: There is actually a stockdog trial every spring in my town and I am a little embarrassed to admit we have actually gone to it every year and seen A Dog's Show live and in person, sort of. :doomed: It's a lot more interesting with the commentary. :thumb: :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie