It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:53 pm

General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread

All the news, info and gossip for the AusKiwi 2012 Tour

Moderators: Nancy, mohumbhai mania, SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: Tour Dates!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 pm

No 4ever I shant be attending. When they haul those islands a little closer to the N.E. part of the US or simultaneously lower the price of flights and devise a pill that knocks one out for the entire journey I'd consider it. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:14 pm

I really hope we get to see them roll out some new material during this tour. I'll bet they have a plethora of song ideas having been apart for so long and experienced so much.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Oooo the Conchords' website has the tour dates now!!! http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/

March 14th

For New Zealand fans, the wait is over. This June is Business Time. Bret and Jemaine are going to Rock the Party. So leave your epilepticdogs at home cause there’ll be Too Many Dicks on a Dance Floor near you. Check out: http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/ for dates.

Visa Pre-sale
12 noon, Tues 20 March – 5pm, Wed 21 March
4 tickets per transaction limit until allocation exhausted
visaentertainment.co.nz

Public On-sale
Friday 23 March
8am by application in person at the relevant box office/venue* 2 tickets per person limit Internet and phone sales available from midday – 4 tickets per transaction limit

* 300 prime seats are available from 8am Friday 23rd March by application and in person only.

Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:42 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Oooo the Conchords' website has the tour dates now!!! http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/

March 14th

oh my goodness, that graphic is stunning. Love it!

p.s. Sorry Venus, I should have put some of my most recent comments in general tour discussion. Oops. :oops: Will do that next time. Please move them if you'd lilke.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Nonch, it looks like the trick is leaving before or even on 8June, after that the fares go up. Then don't go down again until on or after 4August. I saw a fare from LAX to Auckland for $1164 for random dates of June 6-16. The fare from LAX to Wellington was $1292.

You may actually benefit most with a Air NZ package. Make sure that you check air/hotel packages with the airlines rather than buying airfare separately.

Will check some stuff for you when I get the chance.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:12 pm

This article explains the "300 ticket" thing so that even I could understand. :wink: That's an awesome way to (hopefully) beat the scalpers. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Conchords stars to play Town Hall
SOPHIE SPEER

Oscar winner Bret McKenzie and his Flight of the Conchords' comedic co-star Jemaine Clement are coming to Auckland in June as part of a long-awaited national tour.

The comedy-folk darlings' nine-stop tour hits Auckland's Town Hall for a one-off show on June 16.

Both McKenzie, who scooped the best original song Oscar last month for Man or Muppet, and Clement are thrilled to be bringing their comedy act back to its roots.

''It's going to be great to play New Zealand again,'' McKenzie said.

''I can't wait to perform where people can understand our accents.''

Co-promoter Stuart Clumpas said to avoid scalping 300 tickets for each show would be available for people queuing at the box office. Lines are expected to be long and form early.

''I think it's going to be an extremely popular tour. I'm hoping people will camp out,'' he said.

''Queuing up makes it something special, something exciting.''

Despite the duo's international success tickets prices will be set at between $55 and $79.

As well as performances in Auckland and Wellington, the Conchords will also play at smaller venues such as Hastings and Nelson.

''The guys wanted to get out into the heartland. There aren't many artists out there of their stature playing [small-town venues],'' Clumpas said.

The duo cut their comedy teeth in Wellington but quickly gathered an international following, performing at events such as the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

More than 100 people jammed into Wellington's small Aro St Video Shop to hear a 15-minute set in 2008.

Internationally they play on a much larger scale, selling out shows at the 17,000-capacity Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and the 12,500-capacity Wembley Arena in London.

The first tickets to go on sale will be part of a Visa presale, from midday on Tuesday to 5pm the following day. Visa card holders can buy a maximum of four tickets.

Box offices around the country will open at 8am on Friday next week, guaranteeing 300 tickets for each show, with a limit of two per person.

Internet and phone sales will be available from midday on Friday, with a maximum of four tickets.

Source

And a few more details about the Christchurch gig, 8) 8) 8) and an added quote from Jemaine. :)

Duo promise special show for Christchurch

VICKI ANDERSON

Comedy folk duo Flight of the Conchords will return home to perform a nine-date New Zealand tour in June and promise to show Christchurch some special love.

The Grammy award-winning pair, Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie, have announced three South Island dates – Dunedin's Regent Theatre on June 23, Queenstown's Events Centre on June 24 and Nelson's Trafalgar Centre on June 27.

Tour co-promoter Brent Eccles said there would be a Christchurch show.

"There will be a special Christchurch show but we can't announce it just yet," Eccles said.

"There are things about the show that are unique to Christchurch. The band are keen to do something special for Christchurch, and we're ironing out the details as that show will be slightly more intricate."

The Press understands the Christchurch appearance will be a benefit concert for the city.

McKenzie said it was "going to be great" to play New Zealand again.

"I can't wait to perform where people can understand our accents," he said.

Clement said: "It's a lot more convenient than going to another country, isn't it?"

Source
How wonderful. Great guys. 8)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Coolness.

Two years between tours is too long. I'm glad we don't have much longer to wait. :)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby LauraK » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Very cool indeed. :)

I wonder if the Christchurch show will be to raise money? Or if they'll make it a freebie? That'd be cool. 8)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:39 pm

I hope they get some new clothes along with the new songs so we can have a fresh Tour Look Smackdown! :lol: :wink:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Great H » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Soo... how many tickets am I buying??? :D

Tickets go on sale at noon (NZ time!) 23 March. Limit 4 tickets per transaction.
Auckland tickets from http://www.buytickets.co.nz,
All others from http://www.ticketek.co.nz, except Nelson which is http://www.everyman.co.nz

Ooo! My friend just told me they're going to have presales for Visa entertainment members - I'm one so I'll be buying on the 20th March. PM me!
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Excellent, thanks so much for posting all the articles and info, 4ever & nonch! :D How generous of them to organise a special concert for Christchurch. :heart: And the special allocation of tickets available in person at the box office is a great touch. Love their tour poster too. :thumb:

No worries about having some discussion in this thread but yeah, it would be great if you could direct general discussion about purchasing tickets, flights, any developments on ticketing information for the dates which have just been announced and any further announcements such as the Christchurch show and the presumably upcoming Australian tour dates in this thread. Individual threads specific to each gig are going to be created in this section shortly as well. Thanks. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Yay, I'm so excited for you, H! :yay: Really hope you're able to find a good deal when it comes to flights, nonch. :D Totally agree about new songs....and new clothes for the smackdown. ;)

Tour dates.

JUNE 2012

Wed 13 – Hawkes Bay Opera House, HASTINGS
ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET

Thurs 14 – Founders Theatre, HAMILTON

Sat 16 – Town Hall, AUCKLAND
buytickets.co.nz / 0800-BUY TICKETS

Sun 17 – TSB Showplace, NEW PLYMOUTH
ticketmaster.co.nz / 0800-111-999

Tues 19 – Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON

Wed 20 - Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON

Sat 23 – Regent Theatre, DUNEDIN
ticketdirect.co.nz / 0800 224 224

Sun 24 – Events Centre, QUEENSTOWN

Wed 27 – Trafalgar Centre, NELSON
everyman.co.nz / 03-548-3083

Source
&
Venus

Postby Great H » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:50 pm

I rather think a lot of those new threads you've created are going to stay empty Venus! Unless Nonch & SW come over and do a nationwide tour... mind you, Hamilton is only an hour and a half from Aucks. (But an FOTC tour is about the only reason you'd ever want to go there - sorry Hamilton!) :lol:

Actually I'm a wee bit nervous if any of you come over - much as I'd LOVE to meet any of you. Because from what I've seen from YouTube clips etc New Zealand audiences are very different to US audiences - much more quiet and non-reactive so frankly, I'm worried it won't be as much fun and you'd be disappointed.

Then again - if you're going to come this far, you might as well play tourist at the same time - catch a few highlights. I can help with 'must see/do' lists for Aucks & around the country...

Ooo I can't wait!
:biggrin:
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Venus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:01 am

Haha, there may not be that much pre-show discussion in the gig threads but all the action during and after the gigs can be discussed in those threads as well when the time comes. I guess we'll see how things go!

I was gonna ask if you're considering on venturing outside of Auckland to see Bret & Jemaine live yourself, H?

I wish I could be there. I hope some more WTFers will be in attendance including any new members (lurkers, come out wherever you are! :wave:).
&
Venus

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:14 am

Great H wrote:I rather think a lot of those new threads you've created are going to stay empty Venus!
Surely there will be vids and pics to post from the interwebs even if we don’t have one of our own crew attending each show.

Great H wrote:Actually I'm a wee bit nervous if any of you come over - much as I'd LOVE to meet any of you. Because from what I've seen from YouTube clips etc New Zealand audiences are very different to US audiences - much more quiet and non-reactive so frankly, I'm worried it won't be as much fun and you'd be disappointed.
Whot? No squealing or heckling? Only polite & appropriately placed applause? Sounds like Amsterdam. :lol: I don’t have any problem with that at all, in fact I prefer it. I find the stereotypical loud American enthusiasm a bit scary as well.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

PreviousNext

Return to New Zealand & Australia 2012 Tour