What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Venus
 Post subject: Re: General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:55 am 
She did indeed have the time of her life

Yeah we always find lots to discuss even at shows where WTFers aren't in attendance. Hopefully NZ won't be any different. :)

FOTC:
Quote:
New Zealand tour dates released today. Australia coming soon...ish.

:lol: Not long to go now, Aussie fans! :D

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

gibbsrus
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 am 
Half a shapely halibut

I was in a complete state of panic when the NZ dates were announced and ticket sales on sale Monday with no Australian dates yet.... How could I afford to get to NZ??? OMG, what if they don't get to come to Australia and NZ is it and I miss out and, and, and, and..... thankfully someone put me out of my misery!!!

Now my biggest concern is which capital city is going to be the most convenient.... THANK GOD!!!! Soonish can't come soon enough. I would be up for a WTF 'conference' somewhere, sometime and I am already looking forward to seeing photos etc from the shows. Spoilers don't spoil anything for me!!! :D

It's business time!!!!

Actually..... just thought of something..... how am I going to explain to my boys that they can't come :( Come to think of it..... probably wouldn't be good for them if they could go.... to see their mother is such a state!! :P hehehehehe :yawinkle:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:27 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Great H? :nails: Do you think you'll get to more than one show? I don't think there is any way we could have been disappointed in New Zealand...the audience or otherwise. I'm so sorry that I can't come over and meet you. :hug: :| Thanks for your kind offer to help with tickets and sightseeing. I hope you will take some photo's for us! :)

Gibbs, I'm sure it's torture to wait. I hope you get great seats! (and have a good camera) :wink: Is anyone else from Australia still around and planning to go? I wonder if Helgecko or Peaches will get to a show?

So do you think the Visa presale tickets will be as good as the 300 in-person tickets, or will the peeps who camp out get the best seats?

Edit: After a bit of snooping around, note the disclaimer at the bottom of the Visa site. So who knows? :dunno:

"the almost award winning..." :lol:

Venus
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:01 pm 

Aww, it's a shame your boys won't be able to make it gibbs but I'm sure they'll be looking forward to a detailed account about what happened with pics and videos (and so will we!). I'm really looking forward to all the photos, videos etc. from all the shows too. :D

I really hope other Aussie WTF-ers including helgecko, Peaches, seasick_sarah and anyone else will drop by to let us know whether they'll be able to make it to any of their Aussie shows. :)

Yes, in my experience with pre-sales, usually a variety of seats are available including some really good seats but overall, you shouldn't expect pre-sales to allocate most/all of the best seats. I would expect the 300 tickets set aside for the box offices to hold more of the really good seats though, especially since tickets will be available at 8am at box offices on the 23rd compared to Internet and phone sales opening at midday.

Haha, "almost award-winning". They should have mentioned Bret's Oscar win somewhere in their press release & tour posters. :lol:

Great H
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm 
Stop touching the monkeys

Venus wrote:
They should have mentioned Bret's Oscar win somewhere in their press release & tour posters.
Oh I think everybody and their dog knows already! He was all over the front page for days! :lol:
nonchalant obsession wrote:
Edit: After a bit of snooping around, note the disclaimer at the bottom of the Visa site.
Yeah I saw that little disclaimer. It explains why I when I've used presales in the past I've been a bit disappointed with the seats I've got. But I'll be on the phone bang on noon tomorrow and I'll see what they have to offer, if there's nothing really good I may just wait till the 23rd. :waiting: Sadly I'll only be going to the Auckland show, poor effort I know :lol:

4everconchordsfan
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:13 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Great H wrote:
I'll be on the phone bang on noon tomorrow and I'll see what they have to offer, if there's nothing really good I may just wait till the 23rd. :waiting: Sadly I'll only be going to the Auckland show, poor effort I know :lol:

BEST LUCK GreatH, *sending good vibes for choice seats* :nod: :cheer: :cheer:

Venus
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:59 pm 

Wishing you the best of luck as well, H! :cheer: At least you'll have another chance during the general sale but it would be great if you could get lucky and purchase brilliant tickets during the pre-sale so you have your tickets sorted sooner rather than later. :D

Great H wrote:
Oh I think everybody and their dog knows already! He was all over the front page for days! :lol:

Haha, yeah I just meant they could mention it in a jokey way. As a duo they may not have won anything yet, but at least Bret has. ;)

Edit: Hang on, they won a Grammy for The Distant Future. Unless the "almost award-winning" is in reference to the fictional FOTC TV world. ;)

seasick_sarah
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Hi everyone; long time no see...hoping to find out dates and get tickets for a Melbourne show!

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:59 pm 

Hi seasick_sarah! :wave: What's new? Glad to hear you're gonna try and make a show!! :D

Good luck, Great H!!! Fingers crossed for front row - Bret side. :supz: Keep us posted. Will you be camping out for tickets if the Visa seats disappoint? Please tell me you are that crazy. :boogie: (I would have)

LauraK
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 pm 
Boom King!

Good luck, H! I hope you get excellent seats and if not- that you are crazy enough to camp out for them as nonch said. I also would do that. :)

seasicksarah- hi again! I can't wait to hear where they're going in OZ and hope you get great seats as well! Any chance of hitting more than 1 show? :)

Venus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:24 pm 

Hi there, seasick_sarah! :wave: Welcome back! Wishing you all the best with getting tickets for at least one of FOTC's shows. Gonna be so exciting when the Australian tour dates are finally announced. :D

I was just reading this about the Box Office pre-sale on Fri March 23:
Quote:
Box Office presale:
Starts 8am Friday 23 March until the allocation at each venue is sold out. There are 300 seats per venue ‘Best seats of the house’ so these are all Platinum seats. All other seating categories available at GP on Sale at Midday on Fri 23 March. You may only buy tickets for THAT venue at the theatres box office – no sales available for any other FOTC show sin NZ. Limit of 2 tickets per customer.

Source

'Best seats of the house', eh? I've never camped out for tickets before but I would seriously consider doing so for FOTC. :D

Ah, the Visa pre-sale is happening very soon! Good luck, Great H! :cheer:

Haha, I nearly forgot about describing the seats we get as "Bret side" or "Jemaine side". ;)

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 pm 

Auckland sold out in 6 minutes. :nails: Great H????

Great H
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:23 pm 
Stop touching the monkeys

Well that was fun.
Presale started at noon.
I was on the phone bang on time and on the website simultaneously.
And I missed out.
:(
I never even got through to the call centre and the website couldn't handle the traffic.
I hope it was because there were really really limited tickets, and the general sale doesn't go the same way - because I won't be paying scalper prices.
*sigh*

Off to have something really tasty and probably bad for me, for lunch to commiserate.
Bah!

Venus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 pm 

Oh no, that's such a shame, Great H. :goodman:
I really hope Friday works out for you. :pray:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 pm 

Aw damn it. :x I'm sorry, H. :partyman: Go have a margarita or something. I remember how stressed I felt trying to get tickets. It's nice to see a great response to the gigs though. :) Are you gettin your tent ready for the Friday sale? :lol: (best start coughing and acting ill on Thursday at work too) :wink:

I'm enjoying the happy tweets from those who got lucky.

One of my faves,

"Tickets for rare Flight of the Conchords gig secured.
I'll be wearing my pretty party clothes crocheted of snow."

:thumb:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next